Planned Production Volume - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Planned Production Volume in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by V-Love 4100 is my guess. Anyone know how to find the date that they hit the assembly ...
    rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Planned Production Volume

Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post
    4100 is my guess. Anyone know how to find the date that they hit the assembly line?
    I would think that's on the low side, but could be ... could be. With an approx 50-50 split betw MT and AT, that puts it at just a shade over 2k per version making, say, a manual V2 more rare than any individual year V1.

I've got a neighbor that actually works at the CTS assembly plant in Lansing. He drives about 55 miles one way each day . Needless to say, I don't often see him. But, his daughter is in kindergarten with my son, and I see his wife occasionally at school. I have seen him at the school before, and next time, I'll ask him about a million questions including seeing if there's ANY way to get a plant tour (though I doubt it). I'll also ask him about production timing for the V2.

Quote Originally Posted by v84life View Post
    What they should do is freshin up the XLR-V and through it in that for 09 as well.... Now that would bring some buzz for Cadillac.....
    C&D is saying that 2010 will be the last year for the XLR. Too bad, even though it's not my cup of tea.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Never liked the car, won't miss it a bit. Unfortunately, it was conceived under the watchful eye of a paper-pusher, not an enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Never liked the car, won't miss it a bit. Unfortunately, it was conceived under the watchful eye of a paper-pusher, not an enthusiast.
    Yeah, but every company likes to have a product that has a very comfy margin associated with it. That's just good business.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Yeah, but every company likes to have a product that has a very comfy margin associated with it. That's just good business.
    Comfy margin only helps if you actually sell the product in decent numbers. The XLR never has been a good seller for Cadillac, and for that reason, I would not be surprised to see it disappear. I mean, how long did they hold on to the Eldorado even though it wasn't selling? Eventually, you have to dump the dead wood. Again, like I said, I never liked the car. Right from the start it was handicapped by management that just wasn't committed to a quality product IMO. John Smith was a paper-pusher, not an enthusiast. I would say that if somebody like Bob Lutz had been in charge, the Evoq would have either become a much better car than the XLR or it wouldn't have been done at all. Back then, I wasn't IN on that car's development but I can tell you that management at the time was not such that would or could move the Evoq from drawing board to garage properly.
    A perfect example would be the fact that Smith's first time behind the wheel of the Evoq was at a press event in France in the summer of '99 during the preview of the "all-new" 2000 Deville. I mean, can you imagine that? If I had been in his shoes, engineering would have gotten tired of me bugging to get in the car from the day they mounted tires on it!

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Quote Originally Posted by dwight.j.carter View Post
    I bet they put the lsa in the SS Camaro also.
    I have Heard:
    V6 in the base model (yuk)
    V8 LS2 optional (OK)
    V8 LS3 in the Z28 (Oh yeah)

They may do a special addition with the LSa but I doubt it will be the first year.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I would not be surprised to see a V8+electric motor for a high performance hybrid sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    I would not be surprised to see a V8+electric motor for a high performance hybrid sports car.
    2013+ MY

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I would think that's on the low side, but could be ... could be. With an approx 50-50 split betw MT and AT, that puts it at just a shade over 2k per version making, say, a manual V2 more rare than any individual year V1.

I've got a neighbor that actually works at the CTS assembly plant in Lansing. He drives about 55 miles one way each day . Needless to say, I don't often see him. But, his daughter is in kindergarten with my son, and I see his wife occasionally at school. I have seen him at the school before, and next time, I'll ask him about a million questions including seeing if there's ANY way to get a plant tour (though I doubt it). I'll also ask him about production timing for the V2.
    I forgot how I came up with that 4100. There was definitely no science behind it. Wishful thinking mostly.
    Time to invite your neighbor over for a drink(or five). You may have the best inside track yet with your kids being in school together too. The kids can't get in trouble for leaking he info!!! I think my 04 V was made a month before I took ownership.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.