Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Drove the new 09 CTSV!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!

Okay I didnít actually drive THE new 09 CTS-V. However I did just drive an STS-V that had the power increased to 569BHP. The purpose of this drive was to see how a 4-door sedan, rated at similar power/weight ratio to the 09 CTSV, would drive and accelerate. We were curious to see what a 550+HP 4400 lbs. sedan would drive like. Since Cadillac wont send us an 09 CTSV pre production vehicle for a test drive, we decided to set up our own . Obviously we have had many other Caddy's with much more power. However for the purpose of this comparison I tried to keep an open mind without referencing the 600+HP vehicles we have built in the past.

All I can say is WOW! With that power to weight ratio (est 8:1), the new 09 CTSV should be a real kick in the pants. Having something with that much power & weight be able to move around so effortlessly is amazing. The torque is whats really going to feel great! On the northstar engine, torque is lower than what you will have on the 6.2L SC engine, 09 CTS-V = advantage. With the refinements of the new CTS chassis (upgraded SIGMA II platform) the new CTSV will be very refined and certainly impressive while cornering!

I would be hard pressed to see any other vehicles knock the upcoming CTSV off its future throne for a while! Having seen the 09 CTSV in person at the Detroit & Chicago Auto Show, its going to be H-O-T! Just need to decide which version to get now... CTSV or CoupeV?

Thanks for letting me share my experience.

Thank you,

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!

Hey, Doc ... which tranny would you get?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

TheRooster is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Why the misleading title? Apples to oranges. BTW, 8:1 is a lousy power to weight ratio and the CTS-V is actually better than that. Please redo the math on that one.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    ... 8:1 is a lousy power to weight ratio ...

~7.6:1 for MT
    ~7.8:1 for AT
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

A picture is a thousand words. Ftbo graphs please!

Thanks,

Norm

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I was ready to raise the BS flag...

Ah well.

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    ...... Just need to decide which version to get now... CTSV or CoupeV?

Thanks for letting me share my experience.

Thank you,

Coupe V...

Do tell...

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nice promotion to your parts, but the title is indeed misleading

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Are you not smart enough to realize that you were building people up with the post title only to let them down hard with the post? This is a time out offense on most message boards.

Exclamation Re: Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!

Hello All,
    Well yeah the title is a little misleading...but I guess I shouldnít try and be humorous.

Rooster - Yeah I am fully aware that the power to weight ratio is less than 8:1. However since Cadillac has not officially released the actual HP figures for the new CTSV I rounded up to be safe. Rather be safe than sorry.

As far as apples to oranges, yeah got that too. However they are much closer than you might think. If you read my post you will notice that I reference the fact that the new CTSV is built on a modified Sigma II platform. The vehicles are similar in weight (within a few 100 lbs of each other depending on what options you choose), basically have the same transmissions, and both use the same type of supercharger bypass system. So again they are much closer than one might think. Obviously they are not exactly the same car, but again you have to remember we were interested to see how the vehicle would react to that power to weight ratio. We were not trying to simulate an actual 09 CTSV.

HITMONEY -
    Coupe V. You should see this at the Detroit Auto Show next year. Available about a year after the CTSV sedan. Personally, I dont think I can hold out that long. However it will certainly be on my radar late 09!

parexa -
    Sorry not trying to promote our parts, just trying to build some additional excitement for the new CTSV.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Yeah, maybe the title should've been "Drove the new 09 CTS-V (kind of)".
    But damn, take it easy on the guy. He's right, the cars ARE more similar than many people here seem to think. I've tried to point that out myself for all it was worth. Besides, is it gonna kill you to click the thread open and see it's not true that he actually drove the V2?
    Lotta raw nerves around here Doc.

Sorry I missed this question. That is a great question. Well knowing what we know about the current 6L80, the torque management they implement through the trans, it is going to be a tough choice. Originally I was leaning towards the 6 speed trans. But knowing Cadillac they are still going to implement large amounts of TM....I would most likely just stick with the auto for now. That and it would keep me out of trouble .

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Hey, Doc ... which tranny would you get?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Yeah, maybe the title should've been "Drove the new 09 CTS-V (kind of)".
    But damn, take it easy on the guy. He's right, the cars ARE more similar than many people here seem to think. I've tried to point that out myself for all it was worth. Besides, is it gonna kill you to click the thread open and see it's not true that he actually drove the V2?
    Lotta raw nerves around here Doc.
    Since I want an MT, I'd say it's nothing like a V2.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

yeah, dont forget that N*/pushrod difference,too

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

What is the torque?

Norm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.