Drove the new 09 CTSV!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Drove the new 09 CTSV!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey Doc, I can't believe GM wouldn't send you a pre-production V...really sucks! Anyway, you might consider changing your thread ...
    SoCal-VEE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V (Sold)...making room

Drove an STS-V and pretended it was an 09 CTS-V

Hey Doc,
    I can't believe GM wouldn't send you a pre-production V...really sucks! Anyway, you might consider changing your thread title as some people might see this as a cheap marketing ploy. See mine above for example. Thanks Doc.

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!

"Drove the new 09 CTSV!!!" - what could possibly be a bigger lie in a thread title? An out-right lie. Not only is this not true but you could argue that the content of this deliberately misleading thread belongs in the STS-V forum.

chewwtoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2008

I haven't got to drive it yet.. but I did get to start one up!!! It sounds MEAN.. really really MEAN... (no really)...

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

The Coupe V was strongly implied in the interviews at the Autoshow in January.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Okay I didnít actually drive THE new 09 CTS-V. However I did just drive an STS-V that had the power increased to 569BHP. The purpose of this drive was to see how a 4-door sedan, rated at similar power/weight ratio to the 09 CTSV, would drive and accelerate. We were curious to see what a 550+HP 4400 lbs. sedan would drive like. Since Cadillac wont send us an 09 CTSV pre production vehicle for a test drive, we decided to set up our own . Obviously we have had many other Caddy's with much more power. However for the purpose of this comparison I tried to keep an open mind without referencing the 600+HP vehicles we have built in the past.

All I can say is WOW! With that power to weight ratio (est 8:1), the new 09 CTSV should be a real kick in the pants. Having something with that much power & weight be able to move around so effortlessly is amazing. The torque is whats really going to feel great! On the northstar engine, torque is lower than what you will have on the 6.2L SC engine, 09 CTS-V = advantage. With the refinements of the new CTS chassis (upgraded SIGMA II platform) the new CTSV will be very refined and certainly impressive while cornering!

I would be hard pressed to see any other vehicles knock the upcoming CTSV off its future throne for a while! Having seen the 09 CTSV in person at the Detroit & Chicago Auto Show, its going to be H-O-T! Just need to decide which version to get now... CTSV or CoupeV?

Thanks for letting me share my experience.

Thank you,
    This is so not cool amigo. WTF

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Wow, certainly didnít expect this type of response from some of you.... As mentioned before, sorry for misleading those that had to waste their time reading the post. I thought it would be an interesting comparison and help generate a little more excitement for the new CTSV (I guess I was wrong). As for this post being the STSV section, the moderators can move it if they see fit. But you can see that we do not elaborate on any STSV products, just focus on the common facts.

SoCal-VEE - Actually they havenít sent us one, yet...They are a little slow with certain things (the whole big company moves slow issue). There are a few things in the works, but nothing that can be detailed now. Once we are able to talk about it we certainly will. I can tell you this. If you are in socal June 14th @ the Cadillac Performance Experience, you will see the 09 CTSV in action on the racetrack (California Speedway)! More details on that in a separate post.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

I wouldn't worry too much about the e-babies Doc, there hasn't been too much else to bitch about lately.

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

I actually thought it was kind of funny however I am not surprized at the reactions though. Thanks for the info on the LA thing, Might need to plan a trip to Disneyland to get the wife to let me drive down there.

Did you ever answer Radn49er's question? What would you get, MT or AT?

I guess that what I get for trying to funny...

I think I said I would go with the auto. But that was just to keep me out of trouble. If I was building one of these bad boys for the racetrack, it would be MT all the way.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    I actually thought it was kind of funny however I am not surprized at the reactions though. Thanks for the info on the LA thing, Might need to plan a trip to Disneyland to get the wife to let me drive down there.

Did you ever answer Radn49er's question? What would you get, MT or AT?

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Agreed. Auto is nice for in town but for the Track every pound counts. (Speaking of which, I need to go on a diet!)

Don't let it get to you Doc it will all be OK when the 09 hits the streets! Still thinking about the LA show, Need to figure that one out....

If anything I am a bit jealous, your job is to work on high horsepower Cadillacs!

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Wow, certainly didnít expect this type of response from some of you....

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Why didn't you just write something remotely factual like

"Drove a roided STS-V that may not be anything like the new CTS-V because I in fact have not driven it, but in my dreams I imagine it to be like what I am describing in this thread"

No hard feelings dude, I am having a good time with this because you opened the door.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

WOW, the entire 09+V forum is completely FLARKED.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Clutch Mustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now) <-- SOLD

There certainly are not ANY hard feelings. Afterall like CTSV_Rob said my job is working with high HP Cadillacs all day! I take it in stride and hope some of you were able to benefit from what was noted in the post.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    Why didn't you just write something remotely factual like

"Drove a roided STS-V that may not be anything like the new CTS-V because I in fact have not driven it, but in my dreams I imagine it to be like what I am describing in this thread"

No hard feelings dude, I am having a good time with this because you opened the door.

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

misleading post titles != cool.

still, that's pretty neat that you did that 'comparison'; i can't wait to test drive one.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

What a sneaky trick. I declare foum jihad.
    You got me though. Since you got the new V to your Caddy gathering, I bought it.
    Now all praise GM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.