MT vs AT ... Pros & Cons - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, MT vs AT ... Pros & Cons in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I don't see anything wrong with the Auto version except for the additional weight and sometimes it's difficult to get ...
    CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Re: MT vs AT ... Pros & Cons

I don't see anything wrong with the Auto version except for the additional weight and sometimes it's difficult to get a set of long tubes to wrap around it.

Still not convinced the Manual is obsolete yet. Love it, Would not get the Auto but I understand your reasoning behind the Auto.

Just glad it's coming out as an option and the manual is still available, best of both worlds.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I will most likely get which ever is quicker in the quarter mile, though the AT would be better for bracket racing. If I get sick of the AT in the STS-V then I will go back to a MT like I had in my V1.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    ... sometimes it's difficult to get a set of long tubes to wrap around it. ...
    Hadn't thought of that ... too early to think mods, I guess. But, love my long tubes now and might consider them for a V2.

I'm still 20% wanting the auto, 20% wanting the manual, and 60% undecided on this issue.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I swore I wouldn't modify my 2004 CTS-V, but a few years later and I've got headers, cats, exhaust, clutch, flywheel, tune, shifter and bushings (and that's just the performance mods ). Honestly, I'm getting tired of chasing leaks, backfires, ticks, hiccups and oil temperatures.

I'm really really really really really really not going to mod my next CTS-V. Honest.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    ... I'm really really really really really really not going to mod my next CTS-V. Honest.

'05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills View Post
    The only release I would go for the MT is because all the time I need the power and I am in 2nd or 3rd on the AT and hate it. If i pull out in front of someone and need first gear it will have to down shift first.

Yeah, but that's what 550 ft lbs of torque is for...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I swore I wouldn't modify my 2004 CTS-V, but a few years later and I've got headers, cats, exhaust, clutch, flywheel, tune, shifter and bushings (and that's just the performance mods ). Honestly, I'm getting tired of chasing leaks, backfires, ticks, hiccups and oil temperatures.

I'm really really really really really really not going to mod my next CTS-V. Honest.
    Glad I didn't have your problems. I am NOT in denial, I would mod the hell out of the 09! I didn't waste much time on the 07 before I started ripping her apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Hadn't thought of that ... too early to think mods, I guess. But, love my long tubes now and might consider them for a V2.

I'm still 20% wanting the auto, 20% wanting the manual, and 60% undecided on this issue.
    Tough choice and I'm sure whatever you decide you will be smiling from ear to ear! Keep us poor folk up to speed on your mods

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post

A friend of mine bought a mustang and told me that all he was going to do was maybe put a cat back exhuast in the car...

His car actually has:
    Headers
    Bosanni X-pipe
    Converted from automatic to 5 speed Manual
    Converted from solid axle to the Cobra independant rear
    Coil overs with Bilsteins
    Procharger Super Charger
    Larger Throttle body and MAF
    Larger Injectors (of course)
    Tune
    Full on Stereo system

I'm sure I missed something but you get the idea. Oh yeah, Raced him and nudged him out.

Tony is in Denial, Randy knows there will be changes

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am not in denial- honest!

Love the new Avatar, Rob.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Thanks Tony, always loved south park. Funny 4th graders!!!!!

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Pro to the auto- wife does want one.

Con to the M6- wife does not want one.

We've had a couple of Z06s that she drove daily so she can, just doesn't want to anymore. We need a four door touring car and this new auto gets the CST-V high consideration.

Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    ... a couple of Z06s ...

Welcome, Jeff.

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Thanks. The whole 2 Zs deal sounds a lot more glamourous than it was. We had an 01, her daily driver believe it or not. In 02 they were giving 0% financing and were dumb enough to include Vettes on that one, so we traded up. It did not cost us a penny to trade in, same note, same amount of time left, win-win.

Jeff-

Ravensblack_ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Most powerful sedan with an MT in the world. Yeah, I guess that's where my vote goes.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

For me, it's about the feeling of control that I get with a manual transmission. Whenever I drive automatics, I don't feel like I have full control of the car. I also have never driven an automatic with paddles, so maybe my opinion would change.

Plus, my girlfriend can't drive stick so that'd be a pro for the manual.

The wife drove my car a couple of times when stock but won't touch it now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.