I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; After musing with my wife today about my car which was parked just outside (we had arrived early to a ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT!

After musing with my wife today about my car which was parked just outside (we had arrived early to a funeral so we had gone to hang out at a nearby McDonalds for 15-20 min), I mentioning how GM had unfortunately under-spec'd the diff in my car and how the new ones (V's) were fixed in that regard. So, out of the blue my wife says, "You should trade it in on a new one then." I'm like !!!

So, now, I've got to catch up on all these threads you guys have been posting up here! That's a lot of reading!!! Thanks a heap, guys!

(Actually, if this does indeed happen, I'll probably wait till 2010. You should see the grin on my face. )
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BLACK_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 Raven CTS-V - Maggie'd

Re: I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT!

Hell, yes. You gotta love the wives that encourage this sort of nonsense; I've got one, too!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK_CTSV View Post
    Hell, yes. You gotta love the wives that encourage this sort of nonsense; I've got one, too!
    Wow! Too cool.. My Wife would ask me to sell mine, buy something used and get her a new pocket book with the rest.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

My wife said she would like for me to get a 2nd gen V used in a couple years (with a PHD pedal of course)

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i JUST DONT TELL MY WIFE...
    Its easier to ask for forgivness than to ask permission... Words to live by...

My wife is the BIG bread winner in our household, so I usually give her the nod in big decisions though we work together pretty well. (Except for about two or three days each month. )

Now, though I'm strongly partial to a manual trans, I gotta believe the slushbox will not only be pretty darn good, but the car will retain its value better is so equipped. Hm-m ... decisions, decisions ...

I love my wife.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

My wife would have started griping me out for not waiting until '09 to buy one with a "better" design part.

She hates it when I spend money.
    I hope you get a great one!

GUNRDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

My wife told me to go buy another Corvette when I retire from the Air Force. Hope the General is still making'em by then. 2013 is a long time from now.

DRKSIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black

I have one of those "as long as you don't run us into the poor house, I don't care!" wives. I actually wish she would put the brakes on me now and then!

First person who tells her I said that is toast!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRDY View Post
    ... 2013 ...
    Heck, they'll be 800 hp by then, but gas will be $8 a gallon. Talk about what hell would be like.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Welcome to the dark side ;-)

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

You guys left yourselves wide open for this....

Grow some balls

Quote Originally Posted by CadV View Post
    You guys left yourselves wide open for this....

Grow some balls
    So you dominate your wife in every way? Smack her around a little?

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK_CTSV View Post
    So you dominate your wife in every way? Smack her around a little?
    The other way around.

Actually, we're both on the frugal side, and with a big-ass mortgage, the prudent thing is to work on the debt. Sounds un-American, doesn't it? Plus, the economy around here is about as healthy as Cuba's under Fidel. Michigan is perpetually stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    The other way around.

Actually, we're both on the frugal side, and with a big-ass mortgage, the prudent thing is to work on the debt. Sounds un-American, doesn't it? Plus, the economy around here is about as healthy as Cuba's under Fidel. Michigan is perpetually stagnant.

I was actually referring to CadV, not knocking you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.