I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by rand49er The other way around. Actually, we're both on the frugal side, and with a big-ass mortgage, ...
    CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Re: I Want to Thank You Guys ... NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    The other way around.

Actually, we're both on the frugal side, and with a big-ass mortgage, the prudent thing is to work on the debt. Sounds un-American, doesn't it? Plus, the economy around here is about as healthy as Cuba's under Fidel. Michigan is perpetually stagnant.
    I know wisconsin is in Really bad shape but I was hoping Michigan was better. The economy is in the toliet Everywhere (in Ireland the Pound is now worth twice that of the US$) now but here's hoping it will recover. I would love to get a 09 V but I think I will just keep the 07 and drop a Gen 6 Maggie on her.

When the 09 comes out and a few have been put into a tree I will be gettin' me a new 09 V rear

Refinement on the new V is sweet but I bought the car to drive it like I stole it so I will settle with my Gen 1 for now.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK_CTSV View Post
    I was actually referring to CadV, not knocking you
    Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    I know wisconsin is in Really bad shape but I was hoping Michigan was better. The economy is in the toliet Everywhere (in Ireland the Pound is now worth twice that of the US$) now but here's hoping it will recover. I would love to get a 09 V but I think I will just keep the 07 and drop a Gen 6 Maggie on her.

When the 09 comes out and a few have been put into a tree I will be gettin' me a new 09 V rear

Refinement on the new V is sweet but I bought the car to drive it like I stole it so I will settle with my Gen 1 for now.
    Hmm-m, didn't know Wisconsin was slow, too. The whole thing with the U.S. dollar being so low is that imports including cars (e.g. BMW, MB, Audi, ...) will have to be priced higher to make the same bucks. Gives Caddy an advantage ... and a BIG advantage to selling them in Europe or elsewhere. And, with oil pegged to the dollar, it isn't so much that oil prices are going up as the dollar going down has 'increased' the price of oil. Eventually the pendulum will stop swinging its current direction, reach an equilibrium, and maybe move the other way. Heck, with all the strife elsewhere in the world, we're very stable here in comparison so I gotta believe it will get better.

You know (and I'm sure you do ), putting a maggie on makes a V1 very lively. You will NOT be disappointed; makes the car pull quite well even from down low. AND, if you do the rearend with an '09, that basically fixes the car IMO to compete with the V2 ... heck, with nearly anything else for that matter! You've got similar speed (low 4 sec 0-60), and it'll be a lighter car (~3850 lb vs 4200/4300) so handling could be similar. Besides the fun in modding, I always felt that suspension upgrades, the maggie, etc would keep me current as other cars came along with more power, etc.

One last thing, from what I'm reading the V2 is expected to get about 12 City/19 Hwy. The V1 does much better if fuel economy means anything. I'm still getting around 23 MPG at 70 MPH with the maggie.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Good to know about the mileage, every little bit helps.

I have probably shaved close to 100 pounds off of the car so that should offset the weight of the super charger. even with the Maggie I hope to keep the weight down. Do you have any idea how much everything weighs that you added to yours?

My biggest concern at this point and what I don't have worked out is the clutch. I wonder if the clutch on the 09 will fit on the 07??? The current clutch in the 07 will not hold up to 550 HP from what I have been told.

Things have been picking up at work so I may be closer to a Gen 6 then I thought I was. I have also purchased a spare diff just in case I blow this one before I get the 09 cradle installed.

I sure love the torque this car has and the addition of the Maggie only seems to make it better from what I have seen. HP is nice but torque is what gets me goin'

Thanks for the reply Randy and happy hunting for your 09 V!

Mystical_Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V

hey anyone in the DFW area have a maggied V? i'd LOVE to drive in it (don't want to drive it, just drive in it), before making the decision to drop $7k on one

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    My wife would have started griping me out for not waiting until '09 to buy one with a "better" design part.

She hates it when I spend money.
    I hope you get a great one!
    You hope he gets a great wife????

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    Good to know about the mileage, every little bit helps.

I have probably shaved close to 100 pounds off of the car so that should offset the weight of the super charger. even with the Maggie I hope to keep the weight down. Do you have any idea how much everything weighs that you added to yours?

My biggest concern at this point and what I don't have worked out is the clutch. I wonder if the clutch on the 09 will fit on the 07??? The current clutch in the 07 will not hold up to 550 HP from what I have been told.

Things have been picking up at work so I may be closer to a Gen 6 then I thought I was. I have also purchased a spare diff just in case I blow this one before I get the 09 cradle installed.

I sure love the torque this car has and the addition of the Maggie only seems to make it better from what I have seen. HP is nice but torque is what gets me goin'

Thanks for the reply Randy and happy hunting for your 09 V!
    Oops ... didn't see this post till just now.

Weight of the maggie? Yeah, there's some (~40 lbs?) plus the HEX/pump/plumbing minus the LS6 int man. Headers/hi-flo cats weigh less than the stock exh man and cats, but the Corsa is a bit more than the stock exh system. Also added a spare tire/wheel in the trunk and that's probably another 40 lbs. Hots bars a bit more than stockers, and the GC kit is a neglible difference. Not sure where I am exactly ... probably plus something, though ... ~60-70 lbs over stock maybe?

Adding a UUC flywheel would save close to 40 lbs over stock, but don't think I'm going to do it at this point. KARS would add 20-or-so lbs, but that's on hold, too. Personally, I'm trying to get rid of 10 lbs on my belly, so that'll help, too.

Rob, how did you shave those 100 lbs?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

LOL, I could shave 25 pounds that way...

I wish I could meet up with someone with the Maggie and the UUC because that flywheel is one of my favorites. If you plan to keep the V1 DO IT!

Haven't installed my KARS cradle yet either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.