Interesting facts on the LSA - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interesting facts on the LSA in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Did you read the post I gave the link to? Sure sounded to me like the guy had a bunch ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Interesting facts on the LSA

Did you read the post I gave the link to? Sure sounded to me like the guy had a bunch of info on it.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

I didn't, but I guess I will if I have to.

"Referring to the photo you attached [of a supposed marine Northstar], where is that from?"

V-Smooth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Raven V [SOLD]

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Dude, you having a liquid lunch or what?
    Hey, what's wrong with a liquid lunch?!

Illmor builds quality product at a price.

A friend had a Donzi (28zx) with twin Mercury 377ci Scorpion motors - think they were based off the GM 346 motor not sure which though, maybe early LSX/LTX? The power to weight and the prop set up he had was dialed in...could do almost 100...smokin for a 28' stocker.

True, powerboats are chick-bait.

Yummy!

Okay, how about this:

http://www.indmar.com/Innovations/index.html

Read down to 1998 where it states:
    "First to marinize Cadillac's NorthStar engine."

V-Smooth is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Raven V [SOLD]

Sorry...had to...

Even more yummy! MR HP1200SC

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Okay, how about this:

http://www.indmar.com/Innovations/index.html

Read down to 1998 where it states:
    "First to marinize Cadillac's NorthStar engine."

Lovely, I am well aware. Still unaware of an application where it was ever used, save prototypes.

Google is your friend, I'll let you do the searching.

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
    I didn't, but I guess I will if I have to.

"Referring to the photo you attached [of a supposed marine Northstar], where is that from?"
    Got it from a guy's classified add for a Northstar-powered Mastercraft boat. I guess it's "possible" the guy used a picture from some other source but it was among other pictures of HIS boat.

Still interested in your thoughts on the post I linked to. That member is usually a pretty reliable source if I'm not mistaken.

I read it, the guy seems to have a bit of info. Nothing exposed that confirms anything one way or another.....

What started out as a simple question trying to educate myself, has turned into a pissing match, not unlike most threads that you over consume yourself in. I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
    I read it, the guy seems to have a bit of info. Nothing exposed that confirms anything one way or another.....

What started out as a simple question trying to educate myself, has turned into a pissing match, not unlike most threads that you over consume yourself in. I am done.
    Now why go that way? I'm not trying to be a wise guy or anything, and I'm trying to present sources that seem to support my thought that there was in fact, a marinized version of the Northstar installed in at least SOME Mastercraft boats.
    Why you wish to degrade the discussion by calling it a "pissing match" is beyond me. If you truly wish to educate yourself, maybe you might need to accept that you are wrong.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I remember seeing a Northstar motor in an inboard application at the Detroit Boat Show some years ago (maybe 8-10?). I was divorced and had an '89 Malibu at the time and NO money to even consider a new boat. Oh, those were the days. But, back to the boat show, I thought what a perfect application ... 300+ HP and reasonably light weight ... that's what a boat needs! I have absolutely no idea which manufacturer did it (Mastercraft, Malibu, Moomba, Ski Nautique, etc, etc). Somebody made at least one, though.

Still think it'd be a good idea. Liquid lunches are a good idea, too, occasionally.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I remember seeing a Northstar motor in an inboard application at the Detroit Boat Show some years ago (maybe 8-10?). I was divorced and had an '89 Malibu at the time and NO money to even consider a new boat. Oh, those were the days. But, back to the boat show, I thought what a perfect application ... 300+ HP and reasonably light weight ... that's what a boat needs! I have absolutely no idea which manufacturer did it (Mastercraft, Malibu, Moomba, Ski Nautique, etc, etc). Somebody made at least one, though.

Still think it'd be a good idea. Liquid lunches are a good idea, too, occasionally.
    Unfortunately, while novel, it turned out to be a poor choice for a boat motor and subsequently was dropped from the Mastercraft line-up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.