As Fast As An 07 Corvette - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, As Fast As An 07 Corvette in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I dont konw that you can compare a rebadged chevy to a rebadged Lambo...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

I dont konw that you can compare a rebadged chevy to a rebadged Lambo

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

At least the Chevy's a little more reliable than the Lambo, eh?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    By your definition of "re-badge", the Audi R8 is a re-badged Gallardo. I don't think anyone would suggest that makes it less of a Halo car.

The XLR shares the 170" hydroformed steel frame rails and floorpan with the Corvette, but the engine, interior, wheels, brakes, convertible top and every single exterior body panel are unique. Platform sharing and re-badging are two very different things.

A Pontiac Transport is a rebadged Chevy Venture- body panels, powertrain and all. The XLR is not a rebadged Corvette.
    I realize it's not a rebadge in the truest sense of the word but you know what I meant. Not looking to argue about the exact percentage of carry-over parts.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I know what you meant, but I still don't agree. If GM has a stellar chassis in one of its lower priced brands, I see nothing wrong with putting a tuxedo on it, upping the luxury quotient and calling it a Cadillac. It's part of the reason why you can get a 450hp XLR-V for less than a 380hp MB SL55, and all the luxury options are standard (as opposed to optional on the Benz).

If there was no such thing as a CTS, STS or SRX, the price of a CTS-V would need to be astronomical to recoup the development costs. Do the CTS roots make the V any less of car?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

The CTS-V is a whole other thing. As I've said MANY times so far, you can't use other cars as an example here. I swear I said I have no issue with platform sharing etc. It makes total sense from a dollars and cents standpoint.
    My problem with the XLR is just that IF it's supposed to be a "halo-car" then I think it should be a totally unique car, or at least substantially unique, AND have options not found in any other car in the lineup. By that definition, the car simply does not make the grade. Obviously, this is only MY opinion, but I think that the rather lack-luster sales of the car say much about it's perceived value in the market place as well.
    Anyway, how the heck did we get into this from where the thread started? I'm getting tired of talking about the XLR. IMO, the car's not worth the effort expended on it, even just in this thread.

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Evoq 1999 - Great styling exercise to prepare the public for the new direction of Cadillac. Ultimately became the XLR. XLR is a great car, but probably answered a question no one was asking. New technologies for Cadillac:
    • Night vision
    • Supercharged Northstar
    • Parking aid
    • Rear view cameras
    • Voice activated NAV
    • Communiport/Microsoft - Multimedia information system and email
    • 4 channel stability control
    • 4T60 LE electronically controlled transmission
    • Michelin runflats anchored to the rim
    Imaj 2000 - Ugly as sin, but the front end ultimately became the CTS. More of the same techno bits, On Star first appears and brembo brakes. Hmmmm.

Vizon 2001 - Here comes the SRX. Nothing much to report here, but it did have adaptive cruise control, the expanded vista sunroof (or whatever they call that huge sunroof), turn by turn NAV and key proximity sensing theft deterent system.

Cien 2002 - Beautiful car, lambo doors, V12 with 750HP........you just had to know this would never be built. Every techno-widgit known to man plus displacement on demand, direction injection, paddle shift and a combination starter/generator.

Sixteen 2003 - You can't help but think of the old custom built coaches from the 30's and 40's when you see this car. Like a Delahay, this car is low, long and somehow you can't take your eyes off it. 1,000 hp V16 and who cares what other crap they decided to tack on. It's got 1,000 HP for crying out loud!

Provoq 2008 - You're probably looking at the new SRX. The platform was primarily used to show off the hydrogen/electric fuel cell technology. In addition to the power plant, innovations include; brake by wire, shift by wire, a grille that closes at hwy speeds to reduce drag, low-rolling resistance tires, on board USB ports.

Bingo!

Thats what concept cars are all about... testing new designs and new technologies.

If you remember back to the days of the Evoq (I remember picking my mouth of the floor when I saw it at an auto show) it was at the time,
    just that, a concept car. It was the overwhelming response that it got that made Cadillac scratch their head and say, "maybe we should make this car somehow". They did it the only way they could via the Corvette.

It has only been recently, thanks to the onslaught of the retro cars especially the Mustang, that concepts have become more of a realistic glimpse of what you will see in the showroom a year or two down the road.
    The concepts today are different from the concepts of the Evoqs time and earlier. Today you almost get the same car in the showroom as you saw at the auto show.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

The worlds best (Most powerful) Cadillac and people are complaining?

The new CTS V will easily run with the 2008 C6 Z51 Corvette...and thats dam impressive.

Anybody remember car and drivers test of the 2007 400hp LS2 C6 track test where it beat the twin turbo Porsche 911 ..?

This new CTS V will be awesome!

Do I wish it had AWD? Yes.. is it a necessity for success ? Absolutely not..

World class sports sedan that in my opinion will be the worlds best..(under 100 grand anyway)

Can't wait till it hits the magazine tests and then the road where we can see them running in the wild..

PTM sounds awesome too!

BTW..the XLR V has a different focus.. Its a luxury sports convertible...and it wouldn't be terrible if we began to see cadillac share the LSA motor but its not going to happen all at once..

The STS and XLR do tend towards more sophisticated buyers ie. DOHC and supercharged is impressively smooth..What would I prefer? Well as an owner of a CTS AWD and a Corvette C6? I'd like or at least hope sometime in the future GM offers a CTS Sport for 50 grand with AWD and a naturally aspirated LS3..

Now that would be an interesting stepping stone for the CTS lineup and that new coupe looks hot too..

Down the road maybe a CTS AWD convertible hardtop with 300, 430 and 550 hp options..

And the list goes on..

The bottom line is GM has a true winner with the various variations that the CTS offers..

It will be the volume leader for Cadillac brand in the not too distant future and well deserved too..

Sure cadillac will begin with a greater luxury STS/DTS model...and then a lower priced RWD smaller sedan which will then become the volume leader..

Sorry to go off topic..

This new CTS V will be a crowning jewel for the near future..

It just doesn't get any better!

Wish I could have one..

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Not going to see a pushrod small block move into more Cadillacs. We have something special here.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

550 hp CTS V with OHV is awesome..

The 430hp LS3 would be a cool CTS AWD Sport for 50 grand...!

JMO

TheRooster is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just do the math. It should beat the 08 vette.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    Not going to see a pushrod small block move into more Cadillacs. We have something special here.
    Think so, huh?

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    They are putting a version in the Buicks! Granted it is front wheel drive. So the oil filled engine mounts and tame the 5.3l for the blue hairs don't think you will not see one for the wreath crowd!

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    They are putting a version in the Buicks! Granted it is front wheel drive. So the oil filled engine mounts and tame the 5.3l for the blue hairs don't think you will not see one for the wreath crowd!
    LOL I like that 5.3l in the Super with it's ABS based LSD. At 150 mph that car is faster than the GN and GNX (and quicker than the first year GN to boot). But Buick is not Cadillac and it's not happening.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

GM can make it AWD and put an SMG type tranny in it if you do not mind paying $90k for it.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Tony, you had a Cimaron, didn't you?!

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    I know what you meant, but I still don't agree. If GM has a stellar chassis in one of its lower priced brands, I see nothing wrong with putting a tuxedo on it, upping the luxury quotient and calling it a Cadillac. It's part of the reason why you can get a 450hp XLR-V for less than a 380hp MB SL55, and all the luxury options are standard (as opposed to optional on the Benz).

If there was no such thing as a CTS, STS or SRX, the price of a CTS-V would need to be astronomical to recoup the development costs. Do the CTS roots make the V any less of car?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.