As Fast As An 07 Corvette - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, As Fast As An 07 Corvette in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I would regard the fact that a fully equipped luxury sedan is capable of keeping up with a coupe purpose-built ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Re: As Fast As An 07 Corvette

I would regard the fact that a fully equipped luxury sedan is capable of keeping up with a coupe purpose-built for performance (not to forget that the coupe in question is also one of the finest performing cars available) as a very good thing. If that does not impress, I don't know what would.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Yeah, until you try to get it to turn. Power to weight ratio goes out the window once you start talking about handling.
    Sounds like an argument against heavy options like AWD to me.

Whoops. Wrong thread.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I'm not being a jerk, I'm asking why nearly every comment you have about the 2009 CTS-V is negative. Someone remarked about the power to weight ratio being favorable, and you reply with "Yeah- until you try and turn"

You haven't driven it yet, nor has anyone tested it, yet all you can do is whine that there's too much power to handle, no awd, CTS-V owners aren't purists, it's too heavy, blah blah blah blah..... Why do you even come in this forum if all you've got for the car is criticism?
    Obviously, you have a problem with me personally and that is affecting your reading comprehension skills. The post I made was in reference to this comment:
    "power/weight will be better, doesn't really matter how much it weighs."
    Go back and re-read post #10 and you'll see that I specifically quoted that. So it should be relatively simple to understand that my comment was directed toward that comment alone and nothing more. Stop trying to put words in my mouth, you come off like a 12 year old trying.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I don't have a personal problem with you- I have a problem with your uninformed, condescending, presumptive and overwhelmingly negative posts. I usually refrain from arguing semantics with someone ill equipped to compete, but since you opened the floodgates:

-The thread is about 1/4 mile times and 0-60.
    -The person you responded to was referring to 1/4 mile times and 0-60.
    -This entire conversation you have interjected your opinion and arrogance into is about 1/4 mile times and 0-60.

Whose reading comprehension sucks now?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post

Sounds like an argument against heavy options like AWD to me.

Whoops. Wrong thread.

:golf clap:

I don't have a personal problem with you- I have a problem with your uninformed, condescending, presumptive and overwhelmingly negative posts. I usually refrain from arguing semantics with someone ill equipped to compete, but since you opened the floodgates:

-The thread is about 1/4 mile times and 0-60.
    -The person you responded to was referring to 1/4 mile times and 0-60.
    -This entire conversation you have interjected your opinion and arrogance into is about 1/4 mile times and 0-60.

Whose reading comprehension sucks now?
    First of all, who said that the original post (or this thread for that matter) are specifically ONLY about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times?
    Secondly, if you read the original post followed by your post, it reads to me like you were being rather argumentative. The first post, all of two sentences, were basically a question followed by a statement. And for that, the guy gets pounced on. For some reason, you've had a chip on your shoulder through this whole thread. Take a friggin' pill.
    And again I say you need to pay a little more attention to what the posts say. You seem to read things into them that simply aren't there.
    All I was trying to point out is that simply relying on a favorable power to weight ratio is a rather simplistic way of looking at the issue. We obviously had slightly different "takes" on what the thread was about but I'm not the one that was arrogant and condescending. You set that tone right from the start.

I'm just sick of all the negativity about the cars. Go back and read the threads from when the first CTS-V was announced - everyone was "Wow!", "Awesome!" and "Can't wait!"

Now it's all "It's too heavy, it needs AWD, you can't change the pulley, I don't like the wheels, this car is better, that car is better, the suede wheel will get sweaty from my delicate little hands, blah blah blah blah."

This seems less like a board for Cadillac enthusiasts and more like a board for people who wished they owned an AMG every day.

I'm just sick of all the negativity about the cars. Go back and read the threads from when the first CTS-V was announced - everyone was "Wow!", "Awesome!" and "Can't wait!"

Now it's all "It's too heavy, it needs AWD, you can't change the pulley, I don't like the wheels, this car is better, that car is better, the suede wheel will get sweaty from my delicate little hands, blah blah blah blah."

This seems less like a board for Cadillac enthusiasts and more like a board for people who wished they owned an AMG every day.
    Understood, but it's not fair to blame me for that. Personally, as I've said numerous times here, I can't wait to actually see it in person, and feel very optimistic about it in the marketplace. Time will tell though.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

its so deep in here its just funny

remember what your mama told you "its not what you say its how you say it" sometimes

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhummer View Post
    So basically the 09 V will be as fast as an 07 Corvette. They should have made the V under 4000 lbs..
    I'm going to reopen this thread but I don't want the same old argument starting up again. All I want to do is ask a simple question to the original poster.

What should the 2009 CTS-V sacrifice in order to become lighter?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I'm going to reopen this thread but I don't want the same old argument starting up again. All I want to do is ask a simple question to the original poster.

Everything that doesn't make it go faster. Damnit, I'm not helping again.

^

Seriously though (and I know you were kidding), once you start stripping out luxury features and soundproofing in the name of weight, you might as well drop the price $20 grand and sell it as a Pontiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post

Good question Sal. I'd say that only the engineers who designed it could answer you though. You and I spoke about this before and I guess I'm still struggling with the weight because I see it as being about 100lbs. less than a last Gen. Fleetwood (and that car was a boat with an all-iron engine).
    Maybe it's time to go with a 48 volt electrical system? That would pull a great deal of weight from the car. Maybe there's some "bloat" that could be cut here and there? Lighter wheels? Lighter brake components? Use some composites, aluminum or magnesium to replace steel? I'm not sure weight was all that big of a concern, especially since there was so much power to weight ratio talk going on from the ivory tower. Is that how the design team REALLY felt, or is that simply a marketing ploy to deflect criticism?
    Too many unanswered questions. But as I've said before, simply dumping more power into the mix isn't the right way to go IMO, even though it sure gets people stirred up and drooling. At some point, You gotta start going in the other direction. Creating a good power to weight ratio at a lower level is a smarter way to go IMO.

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

I think we all just need to weight and see how it performs at this wait.

Everyone was shocked to find out the GTR accomplished sub 7:40 'ring times while weighing in at 3800 lbs. That's damn heavy for a coupe that performed at supercar levels. Makes a 4300 lb sedan sound not so bad.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

don't forget the driver.....so start dieting now you fatties

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    don't forget the driver.....so start dieting now you fatties

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.