Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by The Tony Show Only the power to annoy..... And that means so much coming from you....
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Only the power to annoy.....
    And that means so much coming from you.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Thanks!

Wasn't this thread about buying a 2009 CTS-V before it got turned into an argument about "brainless people" buying first year "porkers" by someone?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Thanks!

Wasn't this thread about buying a 2009 CTS-V before it got turned into an argument about "brainless people" buying first year "porkers" by someone?
    Hard to tell, been too busy deflecting personal attacks lately. Don't you just hate it when people make personal attacks on other members? Makes you wonder why they don't get banned or something. Hmmm...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Pfffffffffffft.

You're like the guy who pokes a beehive with a stick and then cries "poor me" when he gets stung. We're all here to get excited about the new CTS-V and discuss the car. Constant streams of negativity like those that pour from your keyboard grow tiresome, and I just happen to be the person who says it bluntly instead of hinting at it like the others on the forum.

I'm not attacking you personally- I'm attacking your constant criticism of the car and ASSumptions about the weight and effectiveness of the MRC- they haven't even tested the car yet, so why don't you realize that you know NOTHING about how it handles yet?

Also, how can you expect people to take your opinions about handling seriously when you don't even know that a Corvette has leaf springs??

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Yeah but notice when they gave up the transverse leaf, the car ascended to a whole new level of handling etc. I understood what you were saying, was just surprised you brought up something so old. Thought maybe you thought they still used leafsprings.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ylwjacket View Post
    Should chick magnet be on the list? I was told it would be a chick magnet, so I put a deposit down right away. Is it fast also?
    Weeeeell. Helllllo there.

ROFL!!!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Hard to tell, been too busy deflecting personal attacks lately. Don't you just hate it when people make personal attacks on other members? Makes you wonder why they don't get banned or something. Hmmm...
    OMG, you've got to be kidding me. About the most personal thing said to you was when I called you Katshot the Magnificent.

Pfffffffffffft.

You're like the guy who pokes a beehive with a stick and then cries "poor me" when he gets stung. We're all here to get excited about the new CTS-V and discuss the car. Constant streams of negativity like those that pour from your keyboard grow tiresome, and I just happen to be the person who says it bluntly instead of hinting at it like the others on the forum.

I'm not attacking you personally- I'm attacking your constant criticism of the car and ASSumptions about the weight and effectiveness of the MRC- they haven't even tested the car yet, so why don't you realize that you know NOTHING about how it handles yet?

Also, how can you expect people to take your opinions about handling seriously when you don't even know that a Corvette has leaf springs??
    I could make 1 negative post in 100 and you and guys like you will dwell on it , and hold it against me forever. As I've said many times, if you look back on my posts concerning the V2, you'd see that the vast majority are positive. And the posts that you and some others call negative are usually just trying to look at things from all sides. Unfortunately, you and guys like you are so afraid of anything but high-five, me too, glowing endorsements of your views, that you simply can't stand it, and feel the need to lash out against it. Grow up and try to have an open mind, will you?
    And what the heck does knowing about a Corvette's rear suspension have to do with one's knowledge of handling? Like I said, you just can't stand for someone to have a different opinion than you, and just have to try to attack and discredit that person.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    OMG, you've got to be kidding me. About the most personal thing said to you was when I called you Katshot the Magnificent.
    Dude, I almost got banned simply because I asked why he was being a jerk. Nothing compared to what I've been called in this thread alone.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

There is a difference between being hopeful and ignorant. Stop painting us with a broad brush like you always do. As for the "poor me" attitude, skip it. I've seen a select few positive posts from you on the V2. Add to that the ever constant caveat. You suffer from the "Yeah buts". "I really like the look BUT it can never, ever, ever, ever handle like the V1 did. It's humanly impossible and you guys are too ignorant to know what I know."

If you think that's an exaggeration, I can guarantee that almost everyone here thinks you sound like that...

Not doing anything like a "poor me", just stating a fact. Too often here, anyone with anything less than a 100% pro Cadillac or pro CTS-V comment is labeled a trouble maker, troll, whatever. I try to make sure that I limit my comments to the car or the subject at hand but quite often, that's too much to ask of the rest of you. Actually, only a few. The vast majority seem to be able to have an open conversation, and actually accept that there's more than one side to an issue.
    To summarize my thoughts on the car:
    I really like the '09 and have said so many times. I have expressed concern about the weight but admit that until it's actually driven we won't know specifically how well the OEM has dealt with it. My concern is not specifically about this exact car though. Other OEMs are doing similar things. I pointed out that although you can (to a point) make up for added weight, I don't think it's the best way to go.
    I pointed out that perhaps the car is over-powered, and as evidence of this I point to the fact that without the many electronic systems installed and turned on, the car would be very hard to drive at anything near the limits in most situations. Again, this is not so much to criticize THIS car but to bring attention to the idea that the horsepower war is starting to get out of control on these cars.
    I mentioned that the car is rather expensive but mainly that discussion was driven by another member's comments about it (the V2) finally being available to the common man. My following comments were made trying to point out that a $70,000 car is hardly anything the "common man" can afford.
    I pointed out (actually posed the question) about how GM might have bitten into V2 sales with the DI-powered CTS since it might possess a more well-rounded package (power and weight wise) but certainly found that was NOT a popular thing to say.
    So how this gets turned into me mainly criticizing the car etc., etc., etc., is beyond me. I get criticized as being a troll, a whiner, anti-Cadillac, anti-GM, ignorant (there's more but I can't think of them right now) and for pissing on everyone's parade, and I'm the bad guy here?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Not doing anything like a "poor me", just stating a fact. Too often here, anyone with anything less than a 100% pro Cadillac or pro CTS-V comment is labeled a trouble maker, troll, whatever. I try to make sure that I limit my comments to the car or the subject at hand but quite often, that's too much to ask of the rest of you. Actually, only a few. The vast majority seem to be able to have an open conversation, and actually accept that there's more than one side to an issue.
    To summarize my thoughts on the car:
    I really like the '09 and have said so many times. I have expressed concern about the weight but admit that until it's actually driven we won't know specifically how well the OEM has dealt with it. My concern is not specifically about this exact car though. Other OEMs are doing similar things. I pointed out that although you can (to a point) make up for added weight, I don't think it's the best way to go.
    I pointed out that perhaps the car is over-powered, and as evidence of this I point to the fact that without the many electronic systems installed and turned on, the car would be very hard to drive at anything near the limits in most situations. Again, this is not so much to criticize THIS car but to bring attention to the idea that the horsepower war is starting to get out of control on these cars.
    I mentioned that the car is rather expensive but mainly that discussion was driven by another member's comments about it (the V2) finally being available to the common man. My following comments were made trying to point out that a $70,000 car is hardly anything the "common man" can afford.
    I pointed out (actually posed the question) about how GM might have bitten into V2 sales with the DI-powered CTS since it might possess a more well-rounded package (power and weight wise) but certainly found that was NOT a popular thing to say.
    So how this gets turned into me mainly criticizing the car etc., etc., etc., is beyond me. I get criticized as being a troll, a whiner, anti-Cadillac, anti-GM, ignorant (there's more but I can't think of them right now) and for pissing on everyone's parade, and I'm the bad guy here?

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

It's more acceptable for someone that actually owns the car to criticize it. No one owns an 09 V right now
    Most of us are pro-V, pro-cadillac, pro-whatever, who cares-we're just hoping V2 improves on V1
    Some trolls do disguise their intentions by saying "I like the car but this, but that....
    Some trolls just plainly bash the vehicle in question straight up and then we bash back until they give up and leave
    A lot of us wishes GM does well and that we get cars that can compete with the best in the world
    550/550 is not too much power, if it is buy something slower-it's your money
    So what if the car is heavier than you want it to be, There's lighter cars out there
    There's nothing wrong with the 08 CTS and the people that want a V will buy one sooner or later

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by dqw1 View Post
    It's more acceptable for someone that actually owns the car to criticize it. No one owns an 09 V right now
    Most of us are pro-V, pro-cadillac, pro-whatever, who cares-we're just hoping V2 improves on V1
    Some trolls do disguise their intentions by saying "I like the car but this, but that....
    Some trolls just plainly bash the vehicle in question straight up and then we bash back until they give up and leave
    A lot of us wishes GM does well and that we get cars that can compete with the best in the world
    550/550 is not too much power, if it is buy something slower-it's your money
    So what if the car is heavier than you want it to be, There's lighter cars out there
    There's nothing wrong with the 08 CTS and the people that want a V will buy one sooner or later
    Well put.
    ...and don't worry about the naysayers. The same "people" were saying similar things before the V1 came out too.

The CTSv is supposed to have the same specs as the new GTO. That should keep it well below 400hp. I think it's 345hp.
    Talk about getting carried away by the press guys!!!
    Come on, the CTSv is nothing more than a "carrot" hanging out there somewhere in front of all Cadillac enthusiasts. The M5 has been out there proving itself for years.
    Once the CTSv actually hits the market, THEN compare it to the M5. You're comparing a few year old model to a future model.
    You're letting the press get you all stirred up.
    The speculation is OVER guys!!!
    Next gen. M5 to have 500HP V10
    That shoots the CTSv in the ass. Sorry Cadillac.

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.