Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Kadonny Why many of us jumped. I got my dealer to buy it back and moved into ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Why many of us jumped.
    I got my dealer to buy it back and moved into the STS-V. I have been a happy Caddy owner ever since.

With all that, I still would glady go back to the CTS-V only because GM has totally redisgned the car. I also found out I like not rowing the gears anymore, so the new V with a paddle auto would fit my bill perfeclty. How can you not love 550 hp with the car designed from ground up to handle it.

Im gonna sit on the sidelines for at least a year...let the bugs work out. My 04CTSv was a grenade waiting to explode. From what the dealer tells me its on its 4th owner in as many years....the STSv has been a blessing. No issues, nice and smooth, but its a barge. I will be back in the CTSv after some of the tweaks are ironed out.

F

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I originally thought I'd be in the first group of buyers. I may still make that decision. I will likely wait a few months to see what the reaction here is.

The decision to buy a car like this, with its cost of purchase and cost to operate, is purely based on want rather than need. I definitely want this.

Prior to my considering this car, I had been considering buying a Corvette (always been a personal dream to own one) and keeping my RL as a daily and winter driver. The CTS-V allows me to have both in one car payment.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    I wanted to say it but didn't want to piss urby off!
    calling it as you see it is fine

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Im gonna sit on the sidelines for at least a year...let the bugs work out. the STSv has been a blessing. No issues, nice and smooth, but its a barge. I will be back in the CTSv after some of the tweaks are ironed out.

F

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Im gonna sit on the sidelines for at least a year...let the bugs work out. My 04CTSv was a grenade waiting to explode. From what the dealer tells me its on its 4th owner in as many years....the STSv has been a blessing. No issues, nice and smooth, but its a barge. I will be back in the CTSv after some of the tweaks are ironed out.

F
    Personally, I liked the STS-V better myself, purely from a mainly "looks" point of view. I wonder why you say the car is a "barge" though? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the CTS and STS virtually the same size?

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by atdeneve View Post
    No, not really.
    How so?
    Exterior dimensions are pretty damn close. Length is 6" different but width is only 2" different, and height is <1" different. Weight is the biggest difference, Approx. 350# different. Interior dimensions are all within 1-2" too.
    So as I said, I'm wondering how one sees the STS as a "barge"?

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's a barge. Go drive one. Then drive a CTS-V. There are many who've crossed over and they'll all tell you the same. The CTS-V's handling is definitely crisper than the STS-V. The STS-V is over 360 lbs heavier. It's a barge.

Oh, and it's actually 7.5 inches longer. Don't know bout you, but that's a good amount of extra size, if ya ask me.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Softer suspension tuning, slower steering ratio, more front biased weight distribution and a 3 inch longer wheelbase make a big difference in the handling feel of the STS-V compared to the Gen 1 CTS-V.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

I many times have wondered this myself. The STS is not all that bigger than the CTS (as Katshot pointed out), but having driven both (never driven a STS-V) many times, the driving dynamics are just two worlds apart. The CTS, to me, always feels smaller than it is, and the STS feels, well, like a big heavy car, aka "a barge".

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Tony just summed it up best!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Softer suspension tuning, slower steering ratio, more front biased weight distribution and a 3 inch longer wheelbase make a big difference in the handling feel of the STS-V compared to the Gen 1 CTS-V.
    I can see that the car might be a slightly softer version of virtually the same car (dimensionally) but found it odd to call it a "barge". Also, I can't find weight distribution figures for the two car but wonder why the STS would be more front end heavy since has a lighter engine. The supercharger adds a lot of weight I guess. Shades of why the '09 CTS-V is so heavy? Maybe. But on top of all that, don't forget the STS-V has a good deal more power than the CTS-V (Gen. 1 of course).
    Personally, the thing that kills to car for me is the price. Talk about sticker-shock.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

How is the STS-V even viable as a model after the CTS-V comes out? That being said how is the STS viable at all?

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

STS is a barge, a nice one but it is still one. The CTS is designed to get first time Cadillac owners, STS is decided for those that want an "upgrade" in size. I would probably go with the AWD version of the STS but now the CTS has one also.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Also, I can't find weight distribution figures for the two car but wonder why the STS would be more front end heavy since has a lighter engine.

I don't know how you figure it has a lighter engine, because the Northstar VVT is one heavy sucker. Quad cam, cam phasers, intercooler, supercharger, pullies, 4 valves per cylinder....it all adds up to a lot more than a 2 valve per cylinder, cam in block motor like the LS6.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.