Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Katshot Oh for God sake, would you take a pill? Let me apologize and say that anyone ...
    V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Re: Anyone 100% buying the day they arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Oh for God sake, would you take a pill? Let me apologize and say that anyone who buys first year is not brainless. IMO, it's not the "best" one to buy (unless you're a collector or something) due to the reasons I've stated, but if you do, I'm not saying you're guaranteed to have problems. You just have a substantially better chance of having problems, and being the victim of sometimes substantial changes, which can leave you and your early production car in the hole.
    But again, this doesn't mean that you're brainless. Sorry, I guess I used too strong of a word.
    IMO, Buying one of the first 04 V's was the BEST thing I have ever done as far as cars go. It was the first manual Caddy made in over 50 or so years. 400 hp sleeper. People giving me the thumbs up all of the time. Street racing a Ferrari and being asked at the light,"what is that car"?!? Every problem that I ever had, Cadillac took care of(except the license plate bumber holes on my 05). I could go on and on...All for 50K!
    This next one has 150 more HP, and the MRC, and the paddle options, and the wider rubber, and the POP UP NAV. I could go on and on.......all for 62K! I hope I can get 20K to put down.
    I can't wait for the track tests.

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

There are a few times in life when a person can, and should, make a decision based on input other than strictly logic. And this can apply to anyone from any profession including an engineer - as I've been for the past 35 years. I had no intention of buying my V when I heard one of the first in Denver had just been delivered to a local dealer in early Feb 04. I, of course, had read all of the car magazine test reports well in advance and knew the specs, limitations, and problem areas. One of the problems as I recall was the coolant temperature warning alarm going off incestantly during testing and cutting short a track test. So I approached this first year car cautiously never planning to buy after the test drive.

However, I was no more than 2 or 3 minutes into the test drive and I knew I had to have this car. As it turned out I didn't buy THIS care but ordered one that day and had mine in 5 weeks. And I've never second guessed my spur of the moment decision to this day. Has it had problems - sure. Could I have saved money by buying a used 2004 or 2005 - sure. Could I have waited a year or 2 for them to iron out the few bugs they eventually did - HELL NO. I don't consider the 06 differential I have had put in under warranty that much better than the original. And yes I've had a few recalls like everyone else including the pinion seal, fuel rail, air bag deployment sensor, etc.

I will need to drive this car before I consider buying - but based on what I've seen and heard so far my first test drive will be deja vu.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Congratulations!
    What's that got to do with my post?
    My 04V has had more than its fair share of issues, but the dealer has always worked with me and appropriately resolved them.

Personally, I am waiting to purchase until I can pay at or below invoice.

BTW - Katshot, is it just me or is almost every one of your posts negative and whiney? Quit acting like a little bitch. I'm sure its pissing off more people than just myself.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by LV_V View Post
    BTW - Katshot, is it just me or is almost every one of your posts negative and whiney? Quit acting like a little bitch. I'm sure its pissing off more people than just myself.
    I wanted to say it but didn't want to piss urby off!

fkn.fst.cdy.808 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts v

i am second in line only to the owner of the dealership in hawaii. they are only expecting five out here so i had to get my name in now. we have already started talking about trading my 05' cts-v for the 09'. only hold up will be if the interior gets any smaller. i am 6'8" and hardly fit in mine now. so i am very excited to see one in person.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rich H View Post
    There are a few times in life when a person can, and should, make a decision based on input other than strictly logic. And this can apply to anyone from any profession including an engineer - as I've been for the past 35 years. I had no intention of buying my V when I heard one of the first in Denver had just been delivered to a local dealer in early Feb 04. I, of course, had read all of the car magazine test reports well in advance and knew the specs, limitations, and problem areas. One of the problems as I recall was the coolant temperature warning alarm going off incestantly during testing and cutting short a track test. So I approached this first year car cautiously never planning to buy after the test drive.

However, I was no more than 2 or 3 minutes into the test drive and I knew I had to have this car. As it turned out I didn't buy THIS care but ordered one that day and had mine in 5 weeks. And I've never second guessed my spur of the moment decision to this day. Has it had problems - sure. Could I have saved money by buying a used 2004 or 2005 - sure. Could I have waited a year or 2 for them to iron out the few bugs they eventually did - HELL NO. I don't consider the 06 differential I have had put in under warranty that much better than the original. And yes I've had a few recalls like everyone else including the pinion seal, fuel rail, air bag deployment sensor, etc.

I will need to drive this car before I consider buying - but based on what I've seen and heard so far my first test drive will be deja vu.
    Ya know Rich, I had a similar view of the car after driving it for the first time. And as I recall, I posted my feelings right here on this forum back then. Quite probably the finest handling car I'd ever driven. Overall "feel" was simply amazing. If I could have gotten by the cheap, ugly interior, and so-so exterior styling, I might have gone for it as you did. That's probably why I have mixed feelings about driving this new car. Unlike the Gen. 1 car, this one has me won over in the interior/exterior styling already, so I'm afraid that if it drives anything like the Gen. 1, I'm going to get obsessed with owning one. But then the sticker price will have me looking for a 2nd job too.

Quote Originally Posted by LV_V View Post
    My 04V has had more than its fair share of issues, but the dealer has always worked with me and appropriately resolved them.

Personally, I am waiting to purchase until I can pay at or below invoice.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    I wanted to say it but didn't want to piss urby off!
    Oh no. And I'm SO concerned about pissing some of you off. Get over it ladies.
    Try reading ALL my posts on this car and you'd see that for the most part, I really like it and have been very supportive of it. But I know you guys like to zero in on anything that's not 100% glowing and condemn it. That's okay.

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Ya know Rich, I had a similar view of the car after driving it for the first time. And as I recall, I posted my feelings right here on this forum back then. Quite probably the finest handling car I'd ever driven. Overall "feel" was simply amazing. If I could have gotten by the cheap, ugly interior, and so-so exterior styling, I might have gone for it as you did. That's probably why I have mixed feelings about driving this new car. Unlike the Gen. 1 car, this one has me won over in the interior/exterior styling already, so I'm afraid that if it drives anything like the Gen. 1, I'm going to get obsessed with owning one. But then the sticker price will have me looking for a 2nd job too.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I can look past a few things in the interior styling and I think the exterior styling of the Gen 1 was an eye opener - maybe too stand-out for some but fine with me. The more important thing is how the car feels and you can only determine that with a test drive. My 04 fits me like a glove and I feel completely connected with it when I'm in the cockpit. Probably a little like you should feel when you operate any piece of machinery to be totally comfortable and in control. And that's why I can look past the few faults I've had to live with in this car although I hope the next gen has some improvements in design execution - which only time will tell.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I loved the Gen 1 version because it was a unique car, exterior and interior.

But I would never buy one when they first come out. For one thing it is almost winter here in Utah when they come out. 8 months later or so the price will probably drop by $5k or so. All Cadillacs have a pretty dismal depreciation. That doesn't mean that I don't love their cars. If I buy a V, I'll wait until the demand goes down. With a car that costs close to $65-70k, the demand will decrease soon. The I hate American buyers will run over to their Mercedes dealer and buy a C63 for a few $k more. Others that love the performance (and a better depreciation value) will just go to Chevy and pick up a loaded Vette for about $10k less. I really think they priced the V too high. $62k est for base + options + GGT.

Heck my 05 V had more then its share of issues. The CTS seemed to improve since then. I got tired of going to my dealer all the time. Since then I have owned 3 other GM cars with barely any problems. Definitely not ones that showed up in my almost $50k V.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm not 100% but i will consider the V next year. Wow, what a beast.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

I'll be looking when my STS-V lease is up a little over a year from now. By then the car should be on the road for a good 4 or 5 months and the vibes from owners will be all over this site.

Kadonny,
    Just noticed you went from a '06 CTS-V to a '07 STS-V. I'm curious as to why?

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

So, fkn.fst.cdy.808, srt/8bmw(name change please), cbloveday, and ylwjacket are in. You will be the new guinea pigs and you should be proud. I don't know any of you but I admire your commitment. I am officially 85%. Every time I read a new article I want it more!!!

ylwjacket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I confirmed with the dealer again last week that I'm still number 1. They are probably getting tired of that weekly phone call. :-)

It may have its new car problems, who knows. But, I'm willing to see. By summer, I will have had my current car 4 years and about 75k miles, so I'm ready for something new.

I figure that the cars I have/am cross-shopping this one with cost 30k more than this one will, so I have a little room for some add-ons or fixes, so I'm not toooooooo awfully worried about it.

I was going to get a new car in January, but I waited to see the specs on the new V. After I saw the specs on the V, I figured it was worth waiting a few more months.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Kadonny,
    Just noticed you went from a '06 CTS-V to a '07 STS-V. I'm curious as to why?
    Why many of us jumped. Hassles and problems. My main problem was oil consumption. I had the LS2 in my 06 and got it replaced by GM after 6000 miles because it was eating 1-2 quarts of oil every 750 miles. After the swap, my new LS2 was eating 1 qt every 1000 miles. Couple that with a blown clutch master cyl. and a few other things and the car was in the shop for about 45 days in the first 9 months of ownership.

I got my dealer to buy it back and moved into the STS-V. I have been a happy Caddy owner ever since.

With all that, I still would glady go back to the CTS-V only because GM has totally redisgned the car. I also found out I like not rowing the gears anymore, so the new V with a paddle auto would fit my bill perfeclty. How can you not love 550 hp with the car designed from ground up to handle it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.