Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Another speculation...

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  70eldo 
#1 ·
The coupe could have a V too?

I hope so!

#3 ·
Let's hope that the CTS-V coupe will weigh much less than the sedan version. I can't believe that a mid-size car like the CTS-V sedan weighs as much if not more than a Mercedes or BMW. With the Corvette, the engineering team does everything they can to shave the curb weight, but the CTS-V seemed to gain a lot more weight over the 04-07 CTS-V. I guess they just topped on as much crap as they could to the car without a care as to the curb weight.

If the CTS-V weighs 4200-4300 lbs. at least give it 600+ hp so that the car won't feel so heavy. At that weight and with that size engine, god knows what the gas guzzler tax is going to be on the window sticker.

GM did an amazing job with the car, but the weight is a big factor for fuel economy and acceleration, etc.

I am still going to get the 2009 CTS-V, but my biggest problem with the car is it's weight!

SG

#7 ·
Do some photoshop on the coupe to imagine the convertible.

Thanks for the confirmation on the coupe-V. Sorry bringing it up again.

#10 ·
Well, they had that very Coupe practically concept ready in 2006, so I wouldn't worry about possibly being ready for september 2009. I mean, it is possible, but I was just wondering if they would do it. Haven't followed the media lately and was pleasantly surprised about the "reveal" on this forum.

#18 ·
Love the coupe. And BTW, those are the wheels the sedan should've had. Classy, aggressive, beautiful.

#22 ·
I just had a chat with the Cadillac Dealer. It is confirmed that the CTS-V will be officially launched in Europe, rather than the 10 limited imports of the first 04-05 v-series.
Also the Coupe will come to Europe and of course the wagon. Uncertain is the Coupe-V, but the dealer expressed his interest at the European import/planning meeting for 2008-2009. So, if it comes, I will be one of the first in Europe to get hands on the coupe-v!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.