Motor Trend 2009 ctsv plus est price
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Motor Trend 2009 ctsv plus est price in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...cadillac_cts_v...
    lkeymo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Motor Trend 2009 ctsv plus est price

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Motor Trend 2009 ctsv plus est price

best thread yet. great pics and commentary

benh is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

agree and note indication of options...performance pack and ricardo seats

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Nice article! I think the base price is without the GGT which is probably around $2k. Recaros probably add another $2-4k, auto another $1.5k. I would say close to $70k for a fully-loaded V. I don't know if having a $18k price jump in a bad market is a good idea.

tx_metabaron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupé

I think I just can't wait for the V-Coupe

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's V View Post
    Nice article! I think the base price is without the GGT which is probably around $2k. Recaros probably add another $2-4k, auto another $1.5k. I would say close to $70k for a fully-loaded V.
    Agreed, amazing article. I'll take mine with the manual tranny, but the Recaros are a must. With options, plus another $4k in taxes, this thing is going to hit $70k for me easy. Which completely sux because I need a new boat badly and a $70k car ain't gonna be in the cards. I am going to have serious issues once these things hit showroom floors....haha.

WishfulThinking is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by benh View Post
    ...performance pack and ricardo seats
    I hear the McGillicutty seats look pretty good, but don't perform very well.

(j/k. couldn't resist.)

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Having an auto tranny will more than make up for the $10-$15k price increase. Older people can afford this car, and they do not want sticks. just look at the number of Corvettes sold as autos.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
    Agreed, amazing article. I'll take mine with the manual tranny, but the Recaros are a must. With options, plus another $4k in taxes, this thing is going to hit $70k for me easy. Which completely sux because I need a new boat badly and a $70k car ain't gonna be in the cards. I am going to have serious issues once these things hit showroom floors....haha.
    I got this one for sale.

Price is negotiable

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...currencyid=100

Nice boat, but no thanks. I won't be pulling the trigger until probably (hopefully) spring '09. I don't boat anywhere for a cruiser that big. Most likely going to pick up a Spectre, Motion, or AMT 30 cat with twin Mercs. Perfect for my inland lake, and easy enough to trailer to Poker Runs.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I understand. Good luck with the search and be safe this boating season.

You as well. Good luck with the sale. (Then go plunk down a deposit on an '09 V!)

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Good article. First one I've seen that mention the dry/wet sump difference between the two engines. I DO have one issue from the article. They mentioned that the Gen 2 CTS was engineered from the start taking into account the needs of the 'V'. For this reason, they claim the car may pay a little in weight across the whole model line but that it would then make the 'V' less of a big-boned beast comparatively. This is similar to what Ford did with the current gen. Mustang.
    The problem I have is that if you compare the Gen 1 base a 'V' cars to the Gen 2 base and 'V' cars it appears that they are talking out their collective butts since the Gen 2 'V' is approx. 100lbs. heavier in comparison to the base car than the Gen 1 was. If they were correct, the Gen 2 'V' would be closer in weight to the base car than it actually is.
    So I gotta wonder what's going n here?

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Good article. First one I've seen that mention the dry/wet sump difference between the two engines. I DO have one issue from the article. They mentioned that the Gen 2 CTS was engineered from the start taking into account the needs of the 'V'. For this reason, they claim the car may pay a little in weight across the whole model line but that it would then make the 'V' less of a big-boned beast comparatively. This is similar to what Ford did with the current gen. Mustang.
    The problem I have is that if you compare the Gen 1 base a 'V' cars to the Gen 2 base and 'V' cars it appears that they are talking out their collective butts since the Gen 2 'V' is approx. 100lbs. heavier in comparison to the base car than the Gen 1 was. If they were correct, the Gen 2 'V' would be closer in weight to the base car than it actually is.
    Maybe it's the supercharger.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post

Did they say less big boned, or just fewer heavy chassis mods required? Tires weigh more (^%&*%^ runflats are HEAVY), supercharger, probably springs and dampers...etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.