CTS-V images from Detroit - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V images from Detroit in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; That certainly looks beefy, but I don't like the looks of the giant bushing on the right. I'm sure GM ...
    CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: CTS-V images from Detroit

That certainly looks beefy, but I don't like the looks of the giant bushing on the right. I'm sure GM has sorted this one out. Nothing has been complained about by owners, prospective owners and the automotive press, more than the rear differential and hopping suspension. I'm certain that this has been addressed. Heaven help 'em if I'm wrong.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

That would be a very good assumption. It is possible with the first V some doubted Caddy owners would do 5K sitesteps. It is now understood that they do that, mods, and more. Nobody is going to officially engineer for more than stock power, but the idea that the whole system is engineered with...ahem...*significant margin* is reasonable.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Based on the information we were supplied with, the $62K amount is pretty accurate.
    This is what I was told by the Caddy folks manning the CTS-V area when I was there Saturday.

I am hoping the price pans out.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    That would be a very good assumption. It is possible with the first V some doubted Caddy owners would do 5K sitesteps. It is now understood that they do that, mods, and more. Nobody is going to officially engineer for more than stock power, but the idea that the whole system is engineered with...ahem...*significant margin* is reasonable.
    You don't have to go anywhere near 5K rpms to get the rear a hoppin. I wouldn't even think about droppin the clutch at those tach levels. A quick let out at even 2K can get it boppin around. Forget that just full throttle or even 3/4 throttle from idle can get the rear end livid.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I think if you guys are expecting a hard and smooth launching, hop free drag-racer, you are going to be disappointed.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I think if you guys are expecting a hard and smooth launching, hop free drag-racer, you are going to be disappointed.
    I agree, and quite honestly am glad that it won't be "a hard and smooth launching, hop free drag-racer". I would much rather the V be something much more respectable like the outstanding track car that it is.

You stiffen the rear end too much and you might as well have a solid rear axle, which is great for drag strip launches, but horrible for things like the Nurburgring and cutting through anything but a level corner.

Fortunately, the V will be equipped with the latest version of MagneRide, which is as close as you can get to both worlds. I think it will do a respectable job launching (at least a better job than the previous generation) without losing the handling advantages gained with an independent rear.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

MRC makes a drag launch possible without giving up handling or stiffening the rear. A simple program in the PCM that detects a drag launch (0mph, followed by revving in first gear) can be calibrated to stiffen the rear shocks to 100% jounce and no rebound, which would make for a great peel & go. Once you're moving, the realtime damping control takes back over.

They're doing it on the ZR-1, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the CTS-V.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Tony beat my edit.

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

really? Maybe I am naive, but that is exactly what I expect. My sts-v is a GREAT launcher and so is my SRT8. No wheel hop at all. If Caddy can produce it in one car, as can Chrysler..why shouldn't they produce it in the "fastest american sedan" ever made??

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

For the STS and imports vs. V, it s the grunt engine vs. high end engine. 4v's are easy to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    as can Chrysler..

Urb!!!! Why do we have to keep listening to SRT strokers here?

Dont get me started on the SRTbrick. That is what Cadillac has turned the CTS-V into. Paddle shifters and all.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    MRC makes a drag launch possible without giving up handling or stiffening the rear. A simple program in the PCM that detects a drag launch (0mph, followed by revving in first gear) can be calibrated to stiffen the rear shocks to 100% jounce and no rebound, which would make for a great peel & go. Once you're moving, the realtime damping control takes back over.

They're doing it on the ZR-1, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it on the CTS-V.
    they have it on the E46 M3's too... although if you do it more than 5 times it sets "abuse mode" in the PCM and it voids the warranty

now that sounds just dumb enough to be bmw

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Urb!!!! Why do we have to keep listening to SRT strokers here?

Dont get me started on the SRTbrick. That is what Cadillac has turned the CTS-V into. Paddle shifters and all.
    quit your whining. I am entitled to my opinion, and since I drive a STS-V, can lend some decent input.

I have two GMs and two chryslers in my garage....hardly an SRT stroker. Besides, I have a deposit on the new V so get used to it.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    quit your whining. I am entitled to my opinion

So is he.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.