Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CIWS With the size engine and the weight of the car, I'm going to guess the auto ...
    WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    With the size engine and the weight of the car, I'm going to guess the auto version will be 12mpg city and 20mpg hwy. Hello Gas Guzzler tax
    Cadillac Forums: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

I think, if you have to ask, you don't need to know.

It'll be BAD.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    Cadillac Forums: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

I think, if you have to ask, you don't need to know.

It'll be BAD.
    Great, another useful post

keeksv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04CTSVsc

Even with 6.2l, I think the 6 speed transmissions will save the gas mileage on this car. It is possible to drive the car staying out of boost, esp on the highway. I'll be optimistic and say that on the highway at least this car will do about as well as the current LS2 Vs. In traffic, etc...or on the drag strip, all bets are off.

Trying to get back on topic, CIWS

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Thanks

It will certainly be interesting to note what difference there is between the 6 speed and the auto with the car. I would tend to agree that the 6 speed / 6th gear should help the hwy rating if it's anything like the ratio in the current Vs.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I don't think there will be much of a difference because both trannies have around the same ratio for 6th gear along with the same rear end ratio. The SC shouldn't be on during normal cruising. Corvette gets around 25mpg on the highway but it is carrying around 800-1000lbs less weight and has a lot taller ratios probably due to the weight also.. Anything above 18-20 on the highway is great IMO. I wouldn't expect much more since SUVs with the 5.3 get about the same gas mileage and they have DOD also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.