Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY WHO CARES? Go search the V forums for threads pertaining to gas mileage and you will ...
    CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    WHO CARES?
    Go search the V forums for threads pertaining to gas mileage and you will get you answer.

Edit - here's a few to get you started

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l-mileage.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-mileage.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-mileage.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ge-maggie.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...level-use.html

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Anyone want to guess what the gas mileage will (won't) be on a 6.2 ltr engine ?

Large red font is ghey.

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Okay, so you buy a 550 horsepower car and worry about what kind of gas mileage it gets? That doesnt make any sense at all... Go buy a MINI... If you are that worried about paying for gas, you shouldnt be in this car...

It's not a question of being worried about it. It was a simple curiosity as to the mileage the car would have, especially when compared to it's bigger brother the STS-V. As I've found the rated (sticker) city mileage seems low vs actual results, where the hwy rating seems pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Large red font is ghey.

Is it as ghey as large Pink Font ?

Art138 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS V

So you pay 20 dollars above what you pay now for a tank of gas - that's a week's worth of StarBucks LOL for most of us coffee drinkers; CIWS: if you want to be emotionally vested in a 550HP car don't worry about what the gas costs - you will never enjoy it! Maybe buy a four banger for your daily driving and use the 550HP as a weekend car.

Jebus you guys just don't fracking get it. I drive an STS-V as my one and only daily driver. I'm not worried about gas mileage, I'm looking for semi-educated guesses about this car based on what we currently know about it.

At least of couple of people here seem to understand the question.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

It's a legitimate query. Hell, we '04/'05 maggie guys don't do THAT bad, so I'm guessing ...

Manual: 15/22

Automatic: 14/21

Also, I'm assuming no active fuel management (i.e. cylinder deactivation) which would add 1-2 to the highway numbers.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I know a lot of us wouldn't own or look at V if gas prices were like they are in Europe ($7/gallon, taxes...). I don't know why we put up with the oil price BS... The hybrid stuff better be fast soon!

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

@@======D~~

Danny pooh stang claims that this is by far the gheyest font and series of key strokes that you can post on a given thread. I wouldn't fight 'em on this guys, he knows the super secret butt clamp, colon grinder choke hold. Not a pretty sight to be sure.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

It's good to have you back, Chris...

SLPR 6.0L is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Jebus you guys just don't fracking get it. I drive an STS-V as my one and only daily driver. I'm not worried about gas mileage, I'm looking for semi-educated guesses about this car based on what we currently know about it.

At least of couple of people here seem to understand the question.
    My 3.8 L pullied 99 riv (3.4 pulley) gets 21 to 22 mpg at 77 to 79 mph on the highway. It gets 17 in town running to the point were it shifts at 3000 to 3500 rpms. My guess with 3.73s and a manual would be 18 to 20 on the highway and 10 to 14 in town.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks View Post
    I know a lot of us wouldn't own or look at V if gas prices were like they are in Europe ($7/gallon, taxes...). I don't know why we put up with the oil price BS... The hybrid stuff better be fast soon!
    What is the difference of a V that gets about 19-20mpg compared to say a pickup or SUV? I don't think their sales will suffer that much. European gas prices are inflated by taxes to pay for their benefits. We wouldn't be worrying about paying for health care if we were Europeans (we wouldn't also get as good as health care either IMO) and our roads would have 12 inches of concrete instead of four.

People use to say the same thing when we broke the $1 barrier (yeah I remember that one), then $2, then $3, now we are up to $5-7. Don't worry we will probably see $7 a gallon in about 5-10 years with no increase in other benefits and our roads will still be bumpy with potholes.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's V View Post
    What is the difference of a V that gets about 19-20mpg compared to say a pickup or SUV? I don't think their sales will suffer that much. European gas prices are inflated by taxes to pay for their benefits. We wouldn't be worrying about paying for health care if we were Europeans (we wouldn't also get as good as health care either IMO) and our roads would have 12 inches of concrete instead of four.

People use to say the same thing when we broke the $1 barrier (yeah I remember that one), then $2, then $3, now we are up to $5-7. Don't worry we will probably see $7 a gallon in about 5-10 years with no increase in other benefits and our roads will still be bumpy with potholes.
    I'm paying about $3.20 / gallon in PA.

If prices hit $7 in the next few years it would definitely slow down both truck and car sales. Cars with higher MPG will see an increase in sales... that's why GM is putting the dual mode hybrid into the Escalade already (and for marketing reasons). I've been wondering why GM canceled the new larger displacement V8 it's had in development for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks View Post
    I've been wondering why GM canceled the new larger displacement V8 it's had in development for so long.
    This and apparently only around 12% of current Cadillac customers are requesting the V8 engine on models that have a 6 cyl and 8 cyl option. They don't seem to sell as well as they used to, and that will almost certainly continue in the trend as oil/gas goes up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.