Cadillac Owners Forum banner
8K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  Dave's V 
#1 ·
Heres a place to put the actual price info when its available.No way in hell i'll be able to afford it,but I need to accept this as soon as possible:banghead:

I'll crunch some numbers,got appx 55,000 in my car.Might get $25,000,09 might be $65,000 or $70,000.$45,000 out of pocket for the new V,not gonna happen:crying2:

#5 ·
yeah me too... I have a deposit on one here in Illinois... 60 k is my limit though...

#9 ·
What options besides the automatic?

The sticker will be under 60k, I'll say 59. No way it gets near the STS-V 77k sticker.

#11 ·
At or under $60k and it's in my garage. I'm sure it will come fully optioned already.

#13 ·
$59k to $65k. Guaranteed. Ok, not guaranteed but well informed. Ok, not even that but just a hopefull guess from someone who can't even afford that.

#14 · (Edited)
Cadillac has already said recaro seats would be an option on the car.

07 V MSRP was what 54K ?
This model is physically bigger, larger wheels and tires, a supercharged engine with 150 more hp and tq, hand stitched leather, premium stereo with a 40gig HD, bluetooth, magnetic ride control and some think that's only going to see a 5-6K increase ? Then add in an auto transmission, paddles shifters and recaro seats and that's got to be close to another 2500.00 over the base, then our wonderful gas guzzler tax, 1500-2000.00. Cadillac is marketing this against cars that are 85-95K, even at 70K they are being very competitive.

#21 ·
I hope that article proves to be correct (or at least close) on the price. One thing I keep thinking of is that GM typically does not raise the base price all that much when there is a redesign. The base price of the Vette went up a few hundred dollars in '97 with the C5 and that was a completely new car. The base price went down slightly in '05 with the C6 makeover.

Now, this car is really an improvement and the hp is going way up so I expect an increase, but think it may not be the 10k to 15k jump a lot of folks think there might be. Then again, who the hell knows. I certainly don't.

#25 ·
Now, this car is really an improvement and the hp is going way up so I expect an increase, but think it may not be the 10k to 15k jump a lot of folks think there might be. Then again, who the hell knows. I certainly don't.

The price increase on the CTS from 07 to 08 redesign has seen an approx 4K msrp increase, looking at the top end loaded model minus AWD. So folks can begin to guess what adding a much stronger engine, magnetic ride control, sway bars, 6 piston Brembos, larger wheels and tires, etc would add on top of even that price.

Autoweek says "around" 62K, I'm betting it's closer to "around" 65K + Guzzler. :)

#22 ·
Here's hoping that article is right.

#28 ·
A couple of things you must remember when comparing it to a Z06, the Z is overpriced by $5k. GM raised the price on the 07 model by $5k just because they could. The Z also has a one of a kind alluminum frame, carbon fiber, and the balsa wood composite flooring. With that said i would guess $69k base, $75k loaded.

Lets just hope GM realizes that the driveline must be STRONGER than a Z06 with the added weight and torque.

#29 ·
Lets just hope GM realizes that the driveline must be STRONGER than a Z06 with the added weight and torque.
Come on now. GM wouldn't put a giant, high horsepower V8 motor in a heavy car and not upgrade the, the......................................never mind. :bigroll:

#31 ·
Nobody is paying sticker for a Z06 now and hasn't for nearly a year. 2008's are $7-$8K under MSRP. GM had an excess demand for Z06 and watched as the dealers took down deals at $10K over sticker. Wanting to get in on the action, GM raised the sticker price. Flash forward to 2008 and now we have 989 2008's and 78 2007's. Can anyone say 200 day supply. The general better get moving.

#32 ·
Off topic; I just purchased a fully optioned Jetstream Blue 08 C6 coupe on 12/31/07. MSRP Sticker was $65k and I was able to purchase it for $1500 over invoice which close to supplier pricing.

The ZR1 is supposed to carry an MSRP of approx. $120k with unit number one being sold at Barrett-Jackson.

The General is supposed to manufacture 2000 units a year and it will be interesting to see how much over sticker dealers are pricing them at.

What is surprising however is that the Ford Shelby GT500 is still selling at MSRP with some dealers still selling them above MSRP several years into production.

I would not be surprised at all to some of the early allocation CTSV's selling for $10k above sticker.

The first Chyrsler 300 SRT's were selling for $12-$15000 above MSRP when first released.

#33 ·
Until they honor GMS pricing for the CTS-V and Z06, I'll be on the sidelines. Kind of stupid to exclude these models IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.