Put Price Of 09 Here - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Put Price Of 09 Here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Nobody is paying sticker for a Z06 now and hasn't for nearly a year. 2008's are $7-$8K under MSRP. GM ...
    CVP33 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Re: Put Price Of 09 Here

Nobody is paying sticker for a Z06 now and hasn't for nearly a year. 2008's are $7-$8K under MSRP. GM had an excess demand for Z06 and watched as the dealers took down deals at $10K over sticker. Wanting to get in on the action, GM raised the sticker price. Flash forward to 2008 and now we have 989 2008's and 78 2007's. Can anyone say 200 day supply. The general better get moving.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Nobody is paying sticker for a Z06 now and hasn't for nearly a year. 2008's are $7-$8K under MSRP. GM had an excess demand for Z06 and watched as the dealers took down deals at $10K over sticker. Wanting to get in on the action, GM raised the sticker price. Flash forward to 2008 and now we have 989 2008's and 78 2007's. Can anyone say 200 day supply. The general better get moving.
    Off topic; I just purchased a fully optioned Jetstream Blue 08 C6 coupe on 12/31/07. MSRP Sticker was $65k and I was able to purchase it for $1500 over invoice which close to supplier pricing.

The ZR1 is supposed to carry an MSRP of approx. $120k with unit number one being sold at Barrett-Jackson.

The General is supposed to manufacture 2000 units a year and it will be interesting to see how much over sticker dealers are pricing them at.

What is surprising however is that the Ford Shelby GT500 is still selling at MSRP with some dealers still selling them above MSRP several years into production.

I would not be surprised at all to some of the early allocation CTSV's selling for $10k above sticker.

The first Chyrsler 300 SRT's were selling for $12-$15000 above MSRP when first released.

Until they honor GMS pricing for the CTS-V and Z06, I'll be on the sidelines. Kind of stupid to exclude these models IMO.

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Until they honor GMS pricing for the CTS-V and Z06, I'll be on the sidelines. Kind of stupid to exclude these models IMO.
    You mean GM doesn't offer it or the dealership wouldn't give it to you? I thought I heard of a small town dealer around here that said he'd sell a Z06 for GMS...

Dealership won't honor. I bought my 2004 CTS-V in Cleveland and I live in Virginia. It was the first dealership I could find, after calling at least 50 dealers, that would honor GMS pricing. The new CTS-V will be the same, so I'll sit on the sidelines for a few months and wait. Impatiently.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

What other car do you know that the MANUFACTURER raised the price $5k because they could? GM can lower the msrp by $5k and still make their original projected profits on the car thus making it over priced by $5k. Its not all about supply and demand. There are a few Ferraris out there that Ferrari can raise the price $50k and still have a waiting list on but they don't. OBTW a 200 day inventory and massive discounts on the Z are starting to prove you wrong and with the new Viper and ZR-1 GM may have to take back that $5k off the msrp.

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

you guys can close this since theres another

Skiddles is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    All true, but the current V's haven't even sold as well as they had planned, even though they didn't plan to build many in the first place.
    Do not discount the european market. Surely, 09 cts-v will be pushed there.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

It will be a bargain there with exchange rates.

lkeymo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

motor trend est. $62000, check motortrend.com

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The V might be coming into the market at a bad time since they are talking about a recession. If they price it much around $70k I think a lot of prospective buyers will move over to the C63 if they want a sedan or a Z06 if they want a coupe. Given the depreciation rate of a Cadillac, the 09 V might be worth less then a C6 coupe in 3 years. I plan on keeping my next V for awhile if I buy one but I'm not willing to pay $70k for it. Cadillac should go after the Germans right now due to the poor dollar exchange rate instead of trying to make a killing on its cars. Until GM improves its depreciation rates, the smart buyers will wait a year or so until the new fad is over. But it all comes down to supply and demand. I don't think any dealer will sell it at GMS at first. There will be enough fools paying thousands over sticker to get the new thing on the market. The car is very impressive, but IMO it is not worth $15-20k more then a C6 Vette.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.