Put Price Of 09 Here - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Put Price Of 09 Here in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by CIWS Cadillac has already said recaro seats would be an option on the car. 07 V MSRP ...
    jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Put Price Of 09 Here

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Cadillac has already said recaro seats would be an option on the car.

07 V MSRP was what 54K ?
    This model is physically bigger, larger wheels and tires, a supercharged engine with 150 more hp and tq, hand stitched leather, premium stereo with a 40gig HD, bluetooth, magnetic ride control and some think that's only going to see a 5-6K increase ? Then add in an auto transmission, paddles shifters and recaro seats and that's got to be close to another 2500.00 over the base, then our wonderful gas guzzler tax, 1500-2000.00. Cadillac is marketing this against cars that are 85-95K, even at 70K they are being very competitive.
    All true, but the current V's haven't even sold as well as they had planned, even though they didn't plan to build many in the first place.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    All true, but the current V's haven't even sold as well as they had planned, even though they didn't plan to build many in the first place.

The CTS-V has done Ok, the other two models less than expected sales. However the styling in the 08 CTS is selling like crazy, both interior and exterior is very well liked by most. 04-07 CTSV was a good start with some dragging issues. A weak diff, early models with radiator and battery problems as well as the continuing peeling radio buttons, an average stereo head unit and it was a 6 speed only vehicle (to name a few). This redesign addresses everyone of those issues as well as bringing new things to the table along with more standard horsepower and torque than any of it's competition. GM/Cadillac seems to have a strong belief in it's sales potential stating approx twice the production levels of the current model. By what I see I think they are spot on and will have no major problem selling this car even at the 65-70K level. Just the simple fact they will offer an automatic transmission with the car will bring buyers that previously walked away.

Edit- I personally can't wait and hope Top Gear is given one of these cars to test drive. Odds are they'll put it up against the Audi, BMW, and/or MB C63 and if it holds it's own or drives away from them, that will only help.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Top Gear willl wreck it.

Rat's, no HUD

erp2863 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

There's no way this baby will be under $65,000, unless GM really wants to make a statement on performance value and have all the mags heap accolades on it being an even better value than the Z06.

wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

I hope that article proves to be correct (or at least close) on the price. One thing I keep thinking of is that GM typically does not raise the base price all that much when there is a redesign. The base price of the Vette went up a few hundred dollars in '97 with the C5 and that was a completely new car. The base price went down slightly in '05 with the C6 makeover.

Now, this car is really an improvement and the hp is going way up so I expect an increase, but think it may not be the 10k to 15k jump a lot of folks think there might be. Then again, who the hell knows. I certainly don't.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Here's hoping that article is right.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Under 70k in my garage.YESSSSSSS

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Still clicking my heels....

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by wrazor1 View Post
    Now, this car is really an improvement and the hp is going way up so I expect an increase, but think it may not be the 10k to 15k jump a lot of folks think there might be. Then again, who the hell knows. I certainly don't.

The price increase on the CTS from 07 to 08 redesign has seen an approx 4K msrp increase, looking at the top end loaded model minus AWD. So folks can begin to guess what adding a much stronger engine, magnetic ride control, sway bars, 6 piston Brembos, larger wheels and tires, etc would add on top of even that price.

Autoweek says "around" 62K, I'm betting it's closer to "around" 65K + Guzzler.

REDLINE_V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): EX OWNER OF 2005 Platinum CTS-V

I will wait to buy until the the spring of 2009 and get it for $37000.

I am guessing it will come out around $62-65,000

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

My guess... $62K for the base model (if you can find one)
    $67K after the 6L90 auto, Performance Pack and Recaros are optioned in (the way most Vs will be produced)

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

A couple of things you must remember when comparing it to a Z06, the Z is overpriced by $5k. GM raised the price on the 07 model by $5k just because they could. The Z also has a one of a kind alluminum frame, carbon fiber, and the balsa wood composite flooring. With that said i would guess $69k base, $75k loaded.

Lets just hope GM realizes that the driveline must be STRONGER than a Z06 with the added weight and torque.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    Lets just hope GM realizes that the driveline must be STRONGER than a Z06 with the added weight and torque.
    Come on now. GM wouldn't put a giant, high horsepower V8 motor in a heavy car and not upgrade the, the......................................never mind.

jjsC6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    A couple of things you must remember when comparing it to a Z06, the Z is overpriced by $5k. GM raised the price on the 07 model by $5k just because they could. The Z also has a one of a kind alluminum frame, carbon fiber, and the balsa wood composite flooring. With that said i would guess $69k base, $75k loaded.

I follow Corvettes very closely (I've bought five new ones in the last seven years, and currently have an 08). You say the Z06 is "overpriced" because they raised the price by $5,000 "just because they could". If they could, then it's not overpriced. You seem to think that supply and demand somehow went out of style. It's worth what its worth. The fact that GM figured out how to make a little more profit on the car has nothing to do with it not being worth that amount.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.