No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by wildwhl I paid +5large first time...2nd time (if there is, C63 is really tempting, as is ISF, ...
    thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wildwhl View Post
    I paid +5large first time...2nd time (if there is, C63 is really tempting, as is ISF, M3, etc.) I'll be -5 or more, or no go.

WW
    To think, I thought I struck gold when I paid sticker in early 2004.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

SLPR 6.0L is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Definitely will be buying one. At 550/550 this thing is going to be one sick ride! I have been looking for a reason to spend my $3500 on the GM card. I bought my GM corporate car in March of 06 with 3K miles, for $41,500 certified. It will be hard to spend 60K+, but I am just going to have to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Me Wanna A V View Post
    Additional features:
    pan-mounted oil cooler; cast pistons; high-flow cylinder heads; block-mounted piston squirters; steel crankshaft w/ 8-bolt flange; close-mounted converters; acoustic engine cover; E67 engine controller
    In the tradition of the venerable 3.8 SFI turbo, GM did it right again with a forged rather than hypereutetic piston. This engine is most lilely begging for more boost. Hope they do a pressed on pulley like my 99 Riviera. Easy on , easy off!

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    If it hasn't been posted, the diff is cast iron.
    I am ready for a cigarette!

Me Wanna A V is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SLPR 6.0L View Post
    In the tradition of the venerable 3.8 SFI turbo, GM did it right again with a forged rather than hypereutetic piston. This engine is most lilely begging for more boost. Hope they do a pressed on pulley like my 99 Riviera. Easy on , easy off!
    Unfortunately, according to the press release info, they will be using Hypereutectic pisons in this vehicle, not forged!

Bad move on GM's part

collapsed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

someone may have posted this already, but im not reading through all the pages to figure it out, but... here is another article with some pictures of angles that i havent yet seen. enjoy!

http://www.dpccars.com/photos-08/01-...llac-CTS-V.htm

I think it's hot!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I am not so hot on the side vents.

I think they should have vented the hood.

IMO

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I hate the pop up NAV, I hate the front fascia, I hate the side vents, I hate the chrome grille again, I hate the rims, I hate the exhaust............................It has 550HP/550TQ? Nevermind.

Dave's V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ok, my decision on a non-daily driver car next year just got a lot harder. The C6 was my most recent choice. M5, C63 and Lotus Exige were all in the running. Although I think I'll throw the Exige out because it is too small and feels like a $65k kit car. The new CTS V is sharp and I expect the dealers to be asking $5k over sticker at first. I would just wait until the demand drops in 6 months. Price around $60k base seems about right, before you add GGT and I'll most likely go with the auto. My guess is $65k for a fully loaded V which is what I was looking at on my C6 Vert but C6s are not going for MSRP anymore.

M5 is nice but interior is too bland IMO. C63 is sweat and probably around $73k. The V needs to stay $10k under the AMG.

Who made Florian a mod? I leave this site and everything goes to heck. Just kidding!

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

GM, don't pay attention to what most think the V will be priced at ( around 63-65k). Keep it in the 50's like you planned to do.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i have vented pants, huge hole in the ass

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Now thats just nasty.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by collapsed View Post
    someone may have posted this already, but im not reading through all the pages to figure it out, but... here is another article with some pictures of angles that i havent yet seen. enjoy!

http://www.dpccars.com/photos-08/01-...llac-CTS-V.htm

I think it's hot!

I just noticed. V logo on the door? VUGLY!

2009 V, you are dead to me

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's V View Post
    Ok, my decision on a non-daily driver car next year just got a lot harder. The C6 was my most recent choice. M5, C63 and Lotus Exige were all in the running. Although I think I'll throw the Exige out because it is too small and feels like a $65k kit car. The new CTS V is sharp and I expect the dealers to be asking $5k over sticker at first. I would just wait until the demand drops in 6 months. Price around $60k base seems about right, before you add GGT and I'll most likely go with the auto. My guess is $65k for a fully loaded V which is what I was looking at on my C6 Vert but C6s are not going for MSRP anymore.

M5 is nice but interior is too bland IMO. C63 is sweat and probably around $73k. The V needs to stay $10k under the AMG.

Who made Florian a mod? I leave this site and everything goes to heck. Just kidding!

Having an '07 Exige S for a year now, I can honestly say, this is the most fun, direct, incredible *non-daily kit car* on the market.

I've never had as much fun - and the car has abilities, far, far beyond mine, even in stock trim.

Just my .02

WW

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Taking orders to get on the list now. Will sell for MSRP..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.