No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Holy S**t, 550HP and 550 pounds foot of torque! I was looking at buying a Radical SR3 as a track ...
    Feffman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: No More Rumors: GM Press Release 2009 CTS-V

Holy S**t, 550HP and 550 pounds foot of torque! I was looking at buying a Radical SR3 as a track car, now this.
    WOW!

Feff

speedfreak27 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It probably will be under $70K. A lot of what's listed in the press release is what's also in the press release for the Corvette ZR1. Spreading out development costs by sharing between the two platforms, and maybe others, could help to keep costs down.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

This car is what I expected from GM and Cadillac. Homerun good to be a GM fan , I'm so proud....Looks like a total package not worried about pistons I will wait till the Warr. is up before I need anymore than bolt-ons with this package. I would start with things to reduce weight like wheels ,two-piece rotors etc. Hell this car rocks just the way it is.. This is a car I want to buy not lease. I'm tingling just thinking of this in my garage now lets see what color yummmmm, Can't freekin wait

tblack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2008 BMW M3

Oh f*ck off!

I read those specs and saw those interior and exterior pics and I'm not positive..........but I think I busted a nut.

I will be buying a black one.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    If that car doesn't run damned near or under 4 seconds to 60 flat I'd be shocked as shit. Interior is simply gorgeous. Outside has that "I eat small children" look. I was think maybe a c63 for my next car, but they have sold me! Total package if I ever saw one.
    Im "guessing" it will be about a 4.1 4.2 in the 0-60... but thats a guess and there are so many variables when someone does a 0-60 that the 0-60 metric is kinda lost on me.... The mother F'er will be fast...

Reed

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    If that car doesn't run damned near or under 4 seconds to 60 flat I'd be shocked as shit. Interior is simply gorgeous. Outside has that "I eat small children" look. I was think maybe a c63 for my next car, but they have sold me! Total package if I ever saw one.

I was thinking C63 myself...but I'm a Caddy man for life if this car is as good as it looks on paper!

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Quote Originally Posted by verbs View Post
    I LOVE THE INTERIOR. If this thing is priced under $70K I'm buying one. Period.
    No way Caddy prices this car 15k over what it is now. No question it will be priced under 70k. I'm going to guess 59k base with maybe 3-5k for options like automatic and such.

Got5onit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): LS6 V

Wow, sounds like a beast! Too bad my wife wants 2 more kids.
    I'll be drooling at you guys inside my '04 V & possibly '09 GXP G8 .

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

me likey, but no more 1st year cars for me. Ill wait until 2010 to pick up a new one just to make sure the bugs are worked out...there WILL be some.
    Dont expect to do pulley mods on the s/c, as the pulley is integral to the shaft it rides on, you gotta swap the whole assembly...which isnt practical.

F

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Don't think it'll be < $60k ... more like $65k-ish. Wife would never go for it.

With 350 lbs more to haul around, I may just be able to keep up with my maggie ... maybe.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I'm guessin 0-60 in 4.2-4.3 secs.

I do wish it revved higher.

Also thinking that all with all that weight up front it won't be quick to change direction.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

As a longtime import buyer, I can't believe GM has built a car this good. I mean, when I read the specs and then looked at those interior pix, I nearly peed my pants. The V is what brought me to this site. The base CTS with DI is already a compelling value compared to the Acura I drive now. I was already thinking of moving to an M5 when I heard about the new V. Price willing, this CTS-V will be in my garage later this year. Time to make a deposit! And I'm not kidding.....you should see how we're reacting to this car on the Acura boards. This car has gotten everyone's attention.

I'm serious enough that I'm already looking for snow tires for this puppy for next winter....

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

All I wish for is sunroof delete at this stage. I'll take Black Raven with paddles for my wife (it's her car). I'm about as excited as when the final E55 specs and pics were released back in 2003 after having a deposit down for 1 1/2 years. Despite still owning the E55, it has been nothing but trouble. Was in the first shipment to arrive in US. Having the newest toy that others want but don't have yet is really fun, but can come back to bite you in the ass. Looks like I'm about to make the same mistake twice! Like Maxwell Smart used to say "............and loving it!"

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    I'm guessin 0-60 in 4.2-4.3 secs.

I do wish it revved higher.

Also thinking that all with all that weight up front it won't be quick to change direction.
    That supercharger package is very nice indeed, maybe 30-40lb more on the nose than a normally-aspirated motor? They could easily get that back by putting the battery in the trunk, if they were of a mind to do so.

Peak RPM isn't what counts, useful rev range and area under the torque curve gets you from A to B. A motor that's good from 1500 to 6500RPM is a lot nicer to live with than one that's only got 5000 to 8000.

GM needs the Guilty Conscience Triple-Play - dust off the EV1, cook up (no pun intended) a nice LiIon powerpack for it, and for $200K the truck rolls up and delivers a ZR1 Vette, a CTS-V, and an EV1 right to your driveway.

AGW is a load of crap, but EVs can still be a good idea and a lot of fun anyway...to my mind GM did only two compelling products in the US in the entire decade of the 1990s - the C5 'Vette and the EV1.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Actually the battery is already in the trunk behind the passenger side rear wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    That supercharger package is very nice indeed, maybe 30-40lb more on the nose than a normally-aspirated motor? They could easily get that back by putting the battery in the trunk, if they were of a mind to do so.
    I guess the jury is still out on those pistons. They must have some good technology to put a long term warranty on them.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.