Is this it? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Is this it? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Those aren't FORD wheels... They're off the New Pontiac G8... Common wheels from the giant GM parts bin......
    Slapshot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Is this it?

Those aren't FORD wheels... They're off the New Pontiac G8... Common wheels from the giant GM parts bin...
    Attached Images

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Those aren't FORD wheels... They're off the New Pontiac G8... Common wheels from the giant GM parts bin...
    Close, but that's it.

Not the same wheel.

You've got a keener eye than me if you can spot the difference... Chromed maybe...

Johnny R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Really? All I am saying is they are a little too similar.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Now thats not very nice. As we certainly appreciate your brilliant remarks as it would be great if you actually had a valid reason to make such remarks in regards to D3. Nevertheless our support will continue. While we continue to devlop products for your fellow Cadillac owners, we will be sure to provide you with numerous opportunities to actually experience D3 first hand rather than trendy vendor bashing.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3
    Well I thought we had finished this in PM, but since you took the time to post this up. Here ya go.

Ya I guess it's trendy to bash vendors. But wait:

#1 You are no longer a vendor on this forum. You indicated via PM, that it was a misunderstanding with Sal, blah blah blah. Either way there was obviously an issue. This undemines your shaky credibility (see #2)
    #2 You guys WAY over promised and under delivered. Again this tanks your credibility.
    #3 You had the earth's worst marketing slogan. "Envied by some, Respected by all." Respect is earned, not given. You also hae to actually produce products to be envied.

I'll be honest that I haven't looked at your offerings for a while. Last time I checked basically everything for the CTS-V was 'comming soon'. there are a bunch of vendors that offer the same stuff you do or plan to for the CTS-V, and it's available now. Why should I be excited about your offerings, when thus far you've failed to deliver and have very limited credibility. I'll pass on D3. There just too many others out there, and I have too litle time to spend waitong or hoping on you.

There's my OPINION. I'm done with this conversation. I won't bash or offer my $0.02 on you anymore.

Ho,Ho, Ho!

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Things were finished. If you look at my post you will notice it was done prior to our communication via PM.

Again there are no issues with Sal. Never really was, just a bunch of misleading theories about what was going on.

Also that marketing slogan was based, not on D3 products, but on the status of Cadillac's vs. their European counterparts.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    Well I thought we had finished this in PM, but since you took the time to post this up. Here ya go.

Ya I guess it's trendy to bash vendors. But wait:

#1 You are no longer a vendor on this forum. You indicated via PM, that it was a misunderstanding with Sal, blah blah blah. Either way there was obviously an issue. This undemines your shaky credibility (see #2)
    #2 You guys WAY over promised and under delivered. Again this tanks your credibility.
    #3 You had the earth's worst marketing slogan. "Envied by some, Respected by all." Respect is earned, not given. You also hae to actually produce products to be envied.

I'll be honest that I haven't looked at your offerings for a while. Last time I checked basically everything for the CTS-V was 'comming soon'. there are a bunch of vendors that offer the same stuff you do or plan to for the CTS-V, and it's available now. Why should I be excited about your offerings, when thus far you've failed to deliver and have very limited credibility. I'll pass on D3. There just too many others out there, and I have too litle time to spend waitong or hoping on you.

There's my OPINION. I'm done with this conversation. I won't bash or offer my $0.02 on you anymore.

Ho,Ho, Ho!

-Chris

Jon

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

gotta admit, those are very close
    at a glance, they are the same wheel
    good lookin wheel either way

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Here is the drawing for the 09 rim. Don't know if I should be showing it to you guys but w/e.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by lusterblade View Post
    Here is the drawing for the 09 rim. Don't know if I should be showing it to you guys but w/e.
    Doesn't show up

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Doesn't show up
    hmm...ok, here you go.
    Attached Images

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Similar to the G8, but definately different. I like it.

You guys have a very keen eye and an ability for magnification...

They are different at the hub. However, looking from a distance, they appear to be the same wheel... I'd like something unique to the "V"... I guess that's why they make the aftermarket eh?

Thanks for pointing out the differences!

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

The G8 is the V's little brother so I do not mind the commonality in the wheel appearance. The new V will be the logical upgrade path for a G8 owner wanting to go upscale and up power.

The G8 owners have a great headstart on modifying their car since it is already out in Australia as the Commodore VE. One company has a twin turbo conversion complete and another has already dropped in an LS7. I doubt our upgrades will be so quick in coming except the easy ones like pulley, calibration, intake and exhaust.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

Can somebody please blow up the front wheel pic? I'd like to see the front brake caliper .Looks real nice from a distance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.