Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Does the 2012 cts-v front bumper cover fit on the cts?

17K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  OakleyCTSV 
#1 ·
Title says it all. I want to swap them out. Also if you have a black raven bumper i will probably buy it

#2 ·
I have no competent answer either way but just curious - you looking at making a clone? I know you mentioned making this car a track toy or something but I've seen other people clone to a V and they ended up more money deep in the clone than if they just bought a V.

In any case, V's front end looks way more aggressive (for a reason) than the 3.6! :)

#3 ·
There have been a few folks ask the same types of questions about "cloning" their CTS. I don't recall anyone having much info to help.
I just looked at some pics of a CTS coupe, and to me it looks like you may be able to change out the bumper cover and upper/lower grille. Don't know about fog light and housing.
Best advice I can give is take it to your dealer and talk directly with a tech who has experience working on both CTS and V's.
Shouldn't cost you anything but some time.

#4 ·
Well i wouldn't call it a clone. I just like the more aggressive look. Its a simple bumper cover and grill swap. My car isn't going to exactly be a track car but i am going to aggressively tune it and work on it. Within the next year or so i expect to be making over 400hp at the wheels. The idea is to make it faster and better than a v and spend a lot less.

#9 ·
You win for biggest LOL moment on the intrawebz this morning!

The V was superbly engineered from the ground up to be the fastest sedan on earth. You can't even get the research you need on your own for SWAPPING A BUMPER. You're asking strangers on a forum for that? And you think you'll assemble a non-V that's "faster and better" than a V?

Stop now, boy, and look in the mirror.

You're post shows a fatal flaw in you're thinking. 1. You're too ignorant to know what you're trying to get into. Or, 2. You got mad at the elite V group snubbing their nose at your project. And someone who has a quick trigger with guys at computer and mobile screens giving opinions WILL NEVER have the patience to make a wanna-V.

Start over. Sell your CTS, save money, buy a proper V. It's much cheaper, and better, that way...

#5 ·
You had me until the "faster and better than a V and spend a lot less" part.....

I have owned both; a 2011 3.6 with a manual tranny (ever seen one of those?) that I ordered new and my 2012 V, trust me on this one...it's going to take ALOT of money to make the 3.6 "faster and better than a V".

#7 ·
Call it what you like. Clone, tribute, or replica car.
The V's are much, much more than a grille and some aggressive tuning.
After you have spent a crapload of $ trying to build your idea of a better V, all you're going to end up with is frustration and disappointment.
Save yourself the time, trouble, and expense. Go trade in your six banger for a V. Then go crazy with it if you want.

#20 ·
Well being as there is a supercharger kit for the lfx engine. I dont see how this is in any way far fetched. The supercharger alone is supposed to get me up to 430whp.. Thats without anything else. Thats without me doing cams. Just wait boys. There are civics out there that could destroy the v in a straight line.

#25 ·
aaron4235 said:
There are civics out there that could destroy the v in a straight line.
Oh yes...that's right. I almost forgot. They're the same ones that are using exhaust systems that double as a grapefruit smuggling device and sound like a pissed off nest of hornets that was mistaken for a piñata as they're bouncing off the rev limiter in the search for the highly elusive and rarely seen in the wild "torque curve". I get it now. Oh yeah, they're also the same ones you see on TV wrapping their precious 10-second Civic around a light pole at 130 because they forgot to....drumroll please...upgrade their suspension to handle their new found holy grail of power. I think I've seen them before, yes. Aren't they the ones with an engine that has less combined displacement than my 2-liter Pepsi bottle? WTF?

#29 ·
It's your lettuce...eat it how you want. I just can't quite grasp spending thousands on a car to try to make it something it'll never be. No matter how hard you try it'll never have the soul of a V. Been around too many posers. Clearly it hasn't ended. [Stiffler]"Whack away, Jim. Whack away".[/Stiffler]

#31 · (Edited)
What suspension parts have you ordered and from what company?
Unless you've bought an entire magnetorhelogical (MRC) suspension it won't be as good as the V's. Certainly not better.
Have you gotten your supercharger yet? What supercharger are you considering and from what company?
Share some specifics. We'd like to know exactly how you are going about your better, faster, less expensive build.

#33 ·
I wonder if you'll be able to get outta the hole faster than my truck?

Maybe you should hang a sack under the rear bumper, because no matter what you do you be missing a pair to make that 6 banger into a man car.

Reactions: Trapspeed
#35 ·
Why don't you just trade up to a V? It comes with the bumper and the engine you'll never build or equal. The money you plan on wasting could go towards the real thing.

#36 ·
Interesting. I didn't think there was much in the way of mods for the LFX engine. After googling around, I found that the Camaro guys are going nuts with both superchargers and turbos. There's even a dual turbo setup.

V-comparable, not, but more power to you, young man, and have fun with the LFX.

In theory, the bumper clips are interchangeable, but as you can see from the forum response, you will forever be ridiculed on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.