Dealer installed paint protection/Interior protection
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squirlz
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Dealer installed paint protection/Interior protection in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hello all, Well after a bit of a wait my 14 V Wagon came in and it has been awesome. ...
    ctsv1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Dealer installed paint protection/Interior protection

Hello all,

Well after a bit of a wait my 14 V Wagon came in and it has been awesome. During the process the dealership guy asked me if I wanted to add the Scotchgard paint protection and interior protection for ~600. He told me this was the employee pricing. I was wondering if any of you have taken that option and how have you liked it? As I understand it, if it's the polyurethane sheet protection on the paint it's not a bad deal (if it's installed well, of course) with the understanding that the interior protection is mostly spraying it down with the liquid Scotchgard. I'm contemplating doing the interior/exterior package vs getting a shop to do a clear bra-like cover. Appreciate any info, experience you guys have had. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Dealer installed paint protection/Interior protection

The only reason those things are offered is because of the high profit margin. Personally-don't do it. If you really want to protect the paint and interior with something, you can do it yourself or have your detailer do it for a lot less than that. Others can chime in, but it's just a dealer rip off by the F&I guy to make more money. Cost of the products is usually under $50.00.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Don't do it. You could probably offer to pay $200 and they might say yes.... thats how much the cost is inflated...

I have not idea what the product is, the process etc, but I don't see how any of it would be better than regular cleaning and protectant by hand with a quaility product.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Totally agree with all the above comments. These add ons are waaay overpriced and a waste of money.
    You can Scotchguard the interior yourself and save $$$.
    A good wax job/sealant will take care of the paint.
    A lot of us have done clearbra for the extra protection. It's a little pricey but worth it.

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Profit Protection. Gotta get the Tru-Cote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gwc4UizUc
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Yeah, often times they say the paint protection eliminates the need for you to polish and wax your car.

If you want a nice finish on your car there is no easy fix. Wash, polish and wax regularly. These things are profit generators as others have said.

ctsv1000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Thanks everybody for the information. I think was confused into thinking the Scotchgard paint protection was similar to a clear bra. Apparently not. On that topic, however, can anyone recommend a good clear bra installer in the Inland Empire(California)? Many thanks

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Go to some of the car shows or Cars and Coffee. Ask around. Lots of your fellow enthusiasts will be glad to help you out.

seeet vv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTSV, ESC. EXT

why was this moved?

HWIRLL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! I used to "install" this option at a dealership during my detailing days. All it is is a cheap wax (that's quickly put on) and scotch guard! Not worth $20 much less $600.

GoHawks24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V
    It's not the same as Scotchguard. It lasts much longer, where as Scotchguard wears off quickly. And, I haven't seen any detailers selling a 3M bra for $300. (If that's what you mean by paint guard?) So $600 for interior guard & 3M I'd be all over it. if it's not the 3M, I would pass on the "paint guard". You're paying for a nice wax. Oh, and I was an F&I guy for 10 years at a Cadillac dealer. : )

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Paint Guard is an expensive term for wax. Often they say it is a special teflon sealer. Still, you have to come back every six months for a reapplication, just like wax.

HWIRLL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHawks24
    It's not the same as Scotchguard. It lasts much longer, where as Scotchguard wears off quickly. And, I haven't seen any detailers selling a 3M bra for $300. (If that's what you mean by paint guard?) So $600 for interior guard & 3M I'd be all over it. if it's not the 3M, I would pass on the "paint guard". You're paying for a nice wax. Oh, and I was an F&I guy for 10 years at a Cadillac dealer. : )
    Doing finance for 10 years then you know what the $600 is for...profit! They don't do clear bras at the dealers. All it is is wax and scotch g

leroy_ctscoupe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe

Do it, but not for the $600. I know for a fact that people can do it for less with better material.

hansumtoad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ANYTHING a dealer offers you if there is $1 additional cost is NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE YOU.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.