Thread: And the madness begins...JPM Coachworks Interior Redesign
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Thread: And the madness begins...JPM Coachworks Interior Redesign in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; JPM Coachworks is a company in Atlanta that specializes in custom interiors. I had them do my last car (built ...
    rsutton1223 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Thread: And the madness begins...JPM Coachworks Interior Redesign

JPM Coachworks is a company in Atlanta that specializes in custom interiors. I had them do my last car (built Subaru) in black Alcantara, black Italian leather and red stitching. Everything from the dash to the Sparcos were all custom upholstered and the way it transformed the car was unreal. The interior is where we live...so I like to make sure it is exactly how I want it. When I bought the V, I really liked the layout and how they used Alcantara mixed with leather from the factory. I also knew it was not going to be long at all until I drove it up to JPM to let them dive straight into it. Much like the Subaru...this will be done in stages but I am really excited to see where it heads from here.

So...with dealer tags still on the back...we started to get to work on the vision I had for the car. With the colors in the Cadillac logo, it really limits what you can do (at least in my opinion) with coloring to keep an OEM+ look. Originally I wanted to do Porsche green stitching with green calipers but that really clashed in the interior with the logo. Instead, we pulled off the ZR1 theme and pulled out the blue of the Cadillac logo to integrate into the interior and I will be using that same ZR1 blue as the exterior accent.

Today, we got done with the armrest, shift boot and shifter. The armrest is done in black Alcantara with blue stitching and JPM's logo done in dark silver and blue upon my request. The shift boot is black Alcantara with blue stitching and the shifter was redone with black Alcantara and perforated black Alcantara like the center of the Recaro's. The next step will be the steering wheel (which I have a special idea for that is a carry over from the last car) and the dash/upper door card inserts. I'll keep this thread updated with the progress as things move forward.

thebigjimsho and Club Malibu like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Except for the size of the logo, looks great! I want to do something like this when I get another V1...hopefully...

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Love that blue color!

Keep us posted and have fun!!

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Very nice. +1 on the choice of blue!
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Looks great. Same comment ref the logo but it's tight. Thumbs up.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Thread: And the madness begins...JPM Coachworks Interior Redesign

I can only imagine how many millions of dollars this is costing. I, too, am familiar with JPM through the Subaru world. I asked them for a quote to wrap my Mustang's steering wheel in leather. $750 "because we don't have the pattern for that wheel so we'd be starting from scratch." I went elsewhere.

ats4life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    [Edited because you don't have to quote 3 paragraphs and 3 pictures to make a comment about said pictures. Everyone knows what blue stitching you're talking about.]
    Wow that blue stitching looks pretty sweet

rsutton1223 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I can only imagine how many millions of dollars this is costing. I, too, am familiar with JPM through the Subaru world. I asked them for a quote to wrap my Mustang's steering wheel in leather. $750 "because we don't have the pattern for that wheel so we'd be starting from scratch." I went elsewhere.
    They are digitizing the patters for the V2 as we do mine so it will be cheaper than a one off custom part.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Except for the size of the logo, looks great! I want to do something like this when I get another V1...hopefully...
    I've been thinking about a V1 or a used V2 again, I'd have a lot more mod ,money to play with, but the V2 is just so damn big and heavy.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

Bman33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan M6 - Raven

Very nice, looks like I'll be looking into having them make some pieces for me as well. Thanks for posting..

Slizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 RSM CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    I've been thinking about a V1 or a used V2 again, I'd have a lot more mod ,money to play with, but the V2 is just so damn big and heavy.
    Do it. I'm going to try selling off the G8 this year to get a Vagon.

How are you liking the ATS by the way? Maybe you should wait for the ATS-V?

Yeah, was gonna ask about the ATS...

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    Do it. I'm going to try selling off the G8 this year to get a Vagon.

How are you liking the ATS by the way? Maybe you should wait for the ATS-V?
    It's really a blast and easy to live with. There's no comparison to the V or the G8, I find that I'm just in a whole different mindset of what my expectations are I think. It's an incredibly balanced compromise of performance and livability. I know the V is around the corner and I've had my mind on it (and several other cars) but the V will have to be something special for me to make the jump right away I think.

I'm almost a year into ownership and about at this point is when I was getting bored with the G8 or the V, but I don't have that problem with the ATS . It gets 26 mpg even in my shitty commute, and with the FE3 and big tires it's very entertaining. I'm planning on running it through the local autocross circuits this year infact.

My biggest gripe would be the trans is extremely fuel economy oriented, and shifts are crappy too, it would be nice if I could engage sport mode *without* putting the shocks into sport as well, because on public roads the magneride in sport are just unbearably harsh, I honestly think they would be too harsh on a glass-smooth track.

Next gripe would be Cue. It's not as bad as it's raved to be, but the big downfall is you really do have to avert your eyes away from the road to do anything, which is simply dangerous. Functionally, it's easy to navigate.

Now, you're probably wondering where the obligatory 'I wish it had a manual' line is, but I'm not going to say it. Even with the crappy auto I'm not sure I would enjoy a 6MT ATS much more. Maybe I'm getting a bit older, or maybe I'm in a unique situation where I have the 400 awhp B5 with a manual and drive it back to back with the ATS so I sort of know what it's like. I do know that I'm very satisfied with the sort of dual personality the car has between the awesome paddle shifters/sport mode and just throwing it in drive for the 1.5hours of 5-10mph commute time some days. That sort of driving is horrible in the B5, it's almost a pleasure in the ATS.

I think that right now, the only way I'll be convinced to get a 6MT V is if I drove one to know the difference, which isn't likely to happen. I might find a 2.0T with a manual which I'll try to find before deciding.

Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

So how much does JPM Coachworks charge for just a manual shift boot????

Probably much more than Redline Goods.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.