Euro Vagon tails w/amber turns & rear fog light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Euro Vagon tails w/amber turns & rear fog light in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Go fast parts aren't an option for me at this point bc of warranty...got 70 mos & 98k miles left. ...
    opposite locker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 OBM Vagon 6mt

Re: Euro Vagon tails w/amber turns & rear fog light

Go fast parts aren't an option for me at this point bc of warranty...got 70 mos & 98k miles left. And god forbid I get rear ended, will have the original tails sitting around since they're hardly worth selling (chk ebay prices...can be had for <$100 ea).

Though some may attempt this just for looks, I consider separate amber turns & rear fogs (assuming they're part of euro tails, which I'm 95% sure they are) to be a safety feature. Still don't understand why amber turns aren't required in the US while they're mandated in the EU and most other countries.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I feel amber signals should be USA spec as it can be very hard to tell if people are braking or turning partially due to the fact that so many people let their lights burn out (brakes, parking, signals) and it makes the hazards flash amber too which also helps distinguish from braking as someone can easily have a non visible 3rd brake light and be tapping their brakes to the same beat as the hazards or be on the side of the road with hazards on.

It would be cool if the rear fogs are also in the brake light housing. If they are, however, it may mean that it uses a different plug than you have or is pinned out differently. Additionally you would have to get the proper wiring to support it and computer programming to allow it to work and a new multifunction lever that has the export fog option.

If you search the STS area for ddalder adding the RPO T79 (export fogs) you will see all the work he went through to add them.

Edit:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d.php?t=271720
    This thread shows export tails and GM accessory clear 3rd brake light and the different multifunction lever and the STS export fogs.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp
    I feel amber signals should be USA spec as it can be very hard to tell if people are braking or turning partially due to the fact that so many people let their lights burn out (brakes, parking, signals) and it makes the hazards flash amber too which also helps distinguish from braking as someone can easily have a non visible 3rd brake light and be tapping their brakes to the same beat as the hazards or be on the side of the road with hazards on.

It would be cool if the rear fogs are also in the brake light housing. If they are, however, it may mean that it uses a different plug than you have or is pinned out differently. Additionally you would have to get the proper wiring to support it and computer programming to allow it to work and a new multifunction lever that has the export fog option.

If you search the STS area for ddalder adding the RPO T79 (export fogs) you will see all the work he went through to add them.

Edit:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...d.php?t=271720
    This thread shows export tails and GM accessory clear 3rd brake light and the different multifunction lever and the STS export fogs.
    No
    Amber = ugly

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    No
    Amber = ugly
    Lol I was wondering when you were going to speak up in this thread.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldgoal00 View Post
    Looking at drawing of them, it looks like the only difference is that they have a amber turn signal above the reverse lights. I'm not sure why someone said they have rear fog lights on them.
    The rear fog lights, just like on the sedan, are in the lower part of the bumper.

Fairly certain about this? If so, that's great...can be added at a later time and hopefully means that the euro tails would be plug&play with the stock wiring. Not as concerned about rear fogs at this point as I have no intention of driving the Vagon in inclement weather if I can help it.

Thx Luda for posting that link...definitely not ready to tear into the wiring on a new, warrantied $70k car. Thought it'd be a lot simpler, but I guess that's not so much the case anymore on newer vehicle electronics

Quote Originally Posted by opposite locker View Post
    Thx Luda for posting that link...definitely not ready to tear into the wiring on a new, warrantied $70k car. Thought it'd be a lot simpler, but I guess that's not so much the case anymore on newer vehicle electronics
    Now you could just jump the rear fogs to the brake lights to increase brake lighting or to the parking lights.
    Granted you'd lose some functionality for using them but if you really wanted to add them without going through all the crazy wiring mess.

The link I showed you was one of our users that goes as OEM as possible when making any modifications, going over schematics and service manuals and such to get it done as factory as possible.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by opposite locker View Post
    Fairly certain about this? If so, that's great...can be added at a later time and hopefully means that the euro tails would be plug&play with the stock wiring. Not as concerned about rear fogs at this point as I have no intention of driving the Vagon in inclement weather if I can help it.
    Very certain!

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Very certain!
    Sorry, the requested page does not exist.
    Please check the URL for correct spelling and capitalization.

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    The rear fog lights, just like on the sedan, are in the lower part of the bumper.
    ...no...

...only the sedan got the rear fogs in the lower part of the bumper....the sedan rear fogs part and part numbers are the same the 2005 - 2009 export STS got...

...export CTS wagon rear fog lamp is in the tail lamp....LHD cars in the LH side lamp (right side is backup/reverse lamp), RHD cars in the RH side lamp (left side is backup/reverse lamp)...
    ...wagons rear fog is in a clear section with red glowing leds...similar to the clear section (on the other side) for the backup/reverse lamp...
    ...the red parts in the wagons lower bumper area are red reflectors only...

…here an image of an export LHD car…(amber turn signal and rear fog "on"…)

...the little clear section on the right side is the reverse lamp...(RHD is vice versa)
    70eldo and Ludacrisvp like this.

Very interesting! So is the single reverse light in the export taillights brighter to account for the single reverse vs domestic dual? Gonna have to look into the wiring further as it looks like it might be a PITA to wire properly.

Well If you get the LHD Passenger Assembly and the RHD Driver Assembly you would have two lamps that are matching in that they both have reverse lamps and amber signals, this would likely be the answer to wiring.

True

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.