Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Sorry, posted here by mistake. I wanted this to be in CTS forum. Reposted there so this can be removed. ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels

Sorry, posted here by mistake. I wanted this to be in CTS forum. Reposted there so this can be removed. Thanks

Got my wheels back from Weldcraft Wheels today. The 9X19 CTS-V front wheels had 2" added and are now 11" at the tire bead, 12" total. They will go on the rear with 11mm spacers and Goodyear Eagle F! 295/35-19 tires. The 9X19.5 wheels from the rear are now on the front, also with 11mm spacers, and for now, the stock 285/35-19 Michelin PS2 tires. Tires were to good to take off right now so I will run them for awhile.

If all goes well I will have them mounted and post photos by end of this week. Keeping my fingers crossed that the pesky trailing arm does"t cause problems.

I still have some sanding and polishing to do on the inside (visible) surface. Hopefully, with the larger Brembo rotors, the welds will not show to much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels

looks great - mind posting what the job cost you?

I wouldn't mind running widened wheels, but by the time you get spacers all around, pay $600 for the two "rear" wheels and then swap rubber for them... it's almost the same cost as getting a complete set of aftermarket wheels/tires!

My understanding is that quality spacers are almost $100 x 4; wheel widening: $300 x 2 = ~ a grand - which is pretty close to buying four TSW's or something similar, plus new 295/305's for the rear and reusing the 285's for the fronts. And that doesn't count any refinishing of the OEM wheels or the time it takes to get them back.

But... I do like the factory wheels.

rayjoedef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe...

They look great....just hope they stay balanced - I've heard this application becomes problematic.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

I would not sand those welds on the inside. Go too deep and you compromise the joint.

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by rayjoedef View Post
    They look great....just hope they stay balanced - I've heard this application becomes problematic.
    I've had many wheels widened by Weldcraft before and never an issue....most actually balanced better (less weights required) than they did stock. There's only a few guys in the country who do this for a living and the ones I know would never send something out with balancing issues.

OP, they look great....I am thinking of having Weldcraft just do the rears for me....apparently 10.4" is as large as you can go without running any spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    looks great - mind posting what the job cost you?

I wouldn't mind running widened wheels, but by the time you get spacers all around, pay $600 for the two "rear" wheels and then swap rubber for them... it's almost the same cost as getting a complete set of aftermarket wheels/tires!

My understanding is that quality spacers are almost $100 x 4; wheel widening: $300 x 2 = ~ a grand - which is pretty close to buying four TSW's or something similar, plus new 295/305's for the rear and reusing the 285's for the fronts. And that doesn't count any refinishing of the OEM wheels or the time it takes to get them back.

But... I do like the factory wheels.
    You are very close, $900.00 The spacers are $250.00 shipped with new studs. Wheel widening $640.00 with RT shipping.

You really have to want wide tires and I like the OEM wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    I would not sand those welds on the inside. Go too deep and you compromise the joint.
    I think we have problem with semantics or definition. First, the inside I refer to is not where air goes but the inside that's visible around the brake rotor with the wheel mounted. Second, I said "sanding" not grinding. Prep for polishing.

DCV

If you "sand" them down to be smooth on the visible welds, that's not good. I would just paint the inside of the barrel silver or a matte black. I have a friend that has an 06V and he is getting the same thing done to his rear wheels as the 6 lug patters has limited options. I'm not sure what he will do, if anything, about the visible welds.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    If you "sand" them down to be smooth on the visible welds, that's not good. I would just paint the inside of the barrel silver or a matte black. I have a friend that has an 06V and he is getting the same thing done to his rear wheels as the 6 lug patters has limited options. I'm not sure what he will do, if anything, about the visible welds.
    Where the welds are concerned we are in agreement and I have no intention of disturbing the integrity of the welds. The problem is they ruffed up the area around the welds with something like 80 grit and that needs some work. Then I can make a decision on a coating to cover the bare aluminum and the welds. I'm leaning toward etching primer and aluminum colored wheel paint but black may not be a bad way to go.

Oh, and I like the term "inside the barrel" I was struggling with how to refer to that area.

DCV

I would go for powder coating for the inside part of the barrel. My friends wheels should be done soon, I'll see what he plans to do.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

when it comes to finishing the inside of the wheel, I say just leave it. From a practical stand point, the center section gets dirty very fast and seldom is cleaned, which would cover up the weld area anyhow not to mention the concealment from the brakes.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You could just run the coupe rear wheels without spacers up front. 10", no spacers to worry about. I am anti spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    You could just run the coupe rear wheels without spacers up front. 10", no spacers to worry about. I am anti spacer.
    You really should stop smoking whatever it is that gives you "the blur" dude. Ever here the word "offset"?
    You have got to be kidding, right?

On the other hand I have never used spacers before and don't like using them but I could"t get to where I wanted to go without them.

Please see: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-v-wheels.html

I posted here by mistake.

Since you studied this so deeply, what is the back spacing and offset of the wheel you created ??? (With & without spacer)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.