Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by the blur .... I think you lost something, or more likely chickened out and tried to delete ...
    Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Widened 19X9 CTS-V Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    I think you lost something, or more likely chickened out and tried to delete the post. Well here it is so you can see what a hot head you are.

"Instead of you being a douche bag, (I know it's real hard, but try!) Do some research on "offsets" of the coupe rear wheels. Now, this may be harder, take the "offset" of the sedan rears, plus the spacer, and do simple math. It's actually 1st grade math, but I think you can do it. The offset is very very close to the coupe rear wheels. And there is no spacer, no wasted money on spacers. No worrying about longer studs, or hubcentric spacers. It's amazing what one can do with some simple homework and math. And just remember, if you search the forums, I am the first, the one & only to put coupe rears on the front of a sedan. And it works. They stick out a little, but all the under-steer magically vanishes."

Really?

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Try not to be a douche bag, (I know it’s real hard, but try). The Coupe rear wheels fit on the front of a sedan perfectly fine. No spacer or longer studs required. They bolt right on. Do some simple internet research and you’ll see the coupe rears are 40mm offset. Yes, 40 mm offset, so they do stick out a tad, but they are 10” and they fit up front.

Now, take your sedan rears, plus your 11mm spacers. Can you do simple math ??? You created a 45mm offset. How much money did you waste on spacers and labor ??? And you only got an extra ½” of width. Do you know the failure rate & tensile strength loading of a stud, with a monster spacer, under enormous side loading. It’s a failure waiting to happen, with your kids in the car. I know, you’re a super genius, and did all the calculations.

Even better, the 10” wheels up front take all the push out of the car. The car handles amazingly well. And just remember, I am the 1st to put coupe rears on the front of a sedan. The one and only who has done it to date.
    There is a 5mm difference between your setup and mine, and I’m way ahead in saving money, and in handling.

Mistercoffee2 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Guys, as soon as I realized my mistake I edited my original post to say that I did not intend to be in the CTS-V forum and ask that it be removed. I then started this thread in the CTS forum.

Please comment here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-v-wheels.html

Moderator: Please remove this thread. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.