Please post pics of wagons w aftermarket wheels...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Please post pics of wagons w aftermarket wheels... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've looked around quite a bit and I cant seem to find any threads dedicated to wagons with aftermarket wheels. ...
    dkm
    dkm is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please post pics of wagons w aftermarket wheels...

I've looked around quite a bit and I cant seem to find any threads dedicated to wagons with aftermarket wheels. Also...whats the widest rear wheels that can be stuffed under there without rubbing and having issues? Is it true that the rear wheels on the wagon are 1/2" narrower than a sedan?

Theres a beautiful pearl white wagon in southern california with black multi spoke wheels and red calipers that looks amazing.

Can some wagon owners post pics of their cars and their setups (wheel size and tire size) and their wheels manufacturer? I'd love some feedback and help picking out new rims for mywagon.

thanks,

dave

PS...this is my first post. Hell and thanks for having me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vwagon2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Please post pics of wagons w aftermarket wheels...

Not after market but custom. Go to my photobucket and check out the Asanti
    http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/Vwagon2012/profile/

dkm

really nice job you did on your car. turned out great.

dave

Quote Originally Posted by dkm View Post
    really nice job you did on your car. turned out great.

dave
    Thank you sir.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by dkm View Post
    Also...whats the widest rear wheels that can be stuffed under there without rubbing and having issues? Is it true that the rear wheels on the wagon are 1/2" narrower than a sedan?
    Wagons are quite possibly the most awesome US car made - if only because it's a freaking CTSV wagon.

The sedan and wagon wheels can be thought of as exactly the same: 19x9 fronts, 19x9.5 rears (Coupes are 19x10 in the rear). The larges sizes to fit on a wagon will vary depending on who you ask, as everyone has different interpretations of what, exactly "no rubbing" means!

Are we talking about "no rubbing" on the all-highway trip back from the car show with your 22" dubs and a make-it-work alignment?
    Are we talking about "no rubbing" on the local road course with lowering springs and an aggressive alignment and a specific brand of tire?
    Or... are we talking about "no rubbing" with 3 heavy dudes in the back seat on a down-hill slalom at 90 MPH on 19" diameter wheels and Michelen PS2s?

I've been looking, and generally speaking the widest/largest wheel that should pose NO problems is a 20x10.5" wide wheel in a +55mm offset. People also use 20x11" wheels with a +60mm offset, but tire selection is much more critical as each brand fits the wheel with a different side wall profile (Michelins being some of the narrowest) so you might want to avoid this to be safe.

Also, bear in mind the wagon has slightly less inside fender clearance than the sedan, and there can be a 1/4" variation side-to-side as the body is never perfectly centered on the "frame" during assembly; which could be significant as you push the enevelope of "what fits?"

dkm

Random84....We're talking no rubbing while i have my family in the car, driving around the city with a few things in the back of the car, and after i drop them off at home I go for a spirited drive in the mountains and cornering the car pretty hard.

So i'd say...yes to #2 and #3. I'm thinking a nice set of 20 or 21". Nice insight and info. Thanks.

dave

exchef2be is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How did u get the emblems like that? Did you order custom?

Quote Originally Posted by exchef2be View Post
    How did u get the emblems like that? Did you order custom?
    SAT in Fort Lauderdale Javier give him a call can do any colors you want 954/728/1234

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

You have a couple different options in terms of tires & wheels. It will also depend on if the car is lowered or not.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

dkm

I want to lower the car...nothing crazy but i dont want huge fender gap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.