How to lose the red Brembos?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ptrd
  • 2 Post By Random84
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, How to lose the red Brembos? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I would like to have my Brembo Brakes redone so they don't stand out from the rest of the car. ...
    GringoEd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 4

How to lose the red Brembos?

I would like to have my Brembo Brakes redone so they don't stand out from the rest of the car. Has anyone done this and how did you proceed? Even silver colored like Mercedes uses would be better for me than than Red. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: How to lose the red Brembos?

How about we trade calipers? That would be the easiest, I bet there would be several people willing to trade in the area.
    thebigjimsho likes this.

GringoEd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 4

Great idea, but just no mechanical ability on my end. Sorry I can't participate.

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    If they are the factory red calipers and not painted silver ones I'm sure there is someone here who would make swapping worth your while.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Post your zip code, give it a few weeks and someone will GLADLY drive to your house, swap calipers and flush your brake fluid for you in your own driveway. Just give them an afternoon... it's roughly a $500 swap to have yours repainted PLUS the downtime of shipping, the actual powder coating/painting, getting them shipped back and PLUS whatever it costs you to pay a local shop to do the swap for you (probably another $3-400).

So, find someone local who's handy and willing, or burn through close to a grand and God-knows-how-long to change the color.

ETA: The RED calipers are generally considered the most desirable factory color (relative to silver or yellow), so you're definitely in the minority for wanting to change - you'll probably get a few PM's shortly from guys willing to help you out.
    thebigjimsho and neuronbob like this.

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Personally I love the red calipers. My stock silver ones blended in like you wanted. I thought the car needed some more pop so I picked up some "G2" paint and applied it in less than 1 hour after the wheels were removed. It has been 3 months now since being painted and they still look brand new. Much shiner that the original power coating.

You could get your painted to match your car if you wanted with G2 paint. I give the product a STRONG Thumbs up for quality and ease of application. Total cost less than $50.00 What a deal. Much less than the $600 the factory wanted for Red Calipers.

dmr_in_il is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Stealth Blue auto coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman4444 View Post
    Personally I love the red calipers. My stock silver ones blended in like you wanted. I thought the car needed some more pop so I picked up some "G2" paint and applied it in less than 1 hour after the wheels were removed. It has been 3 months now since being painted and they still look brand new. Much shiner that the original power coating.

You could get your painted to match your car if you wanted with G2 paint. I give the product a STRONG Thumbs up for quality and ease of application. Total cost less than $50.00 What a deal. Much less than the $600 the factory wanted for Red Calipers.
    Moparman, got pics?

Moparman4444 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

here is the link where I talked about the paint before.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...?highlight=red

I can't recommend the paint any higher. It has stood up way better than expected and is super smooth and shiny. Just love it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.