Photoshoot: CTS-V Sedan on Velgen VMB5 Wheels! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Photoshoot: CTS-V Sedan on Velgen VMB5 Wheels! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Rule12b Beautiful car, stunning location, excellent photography. This thread is full of win. Thank you for the ...
    Paul@HoweyIndustries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Photoshoot: CTS-V Sedan on Velgen VMB5 Wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by Rule12b View Post
    Beautiful car, stunning location, excellent photography. This thread is full of win.

Thank you for the awesome feedback!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    wow those wheels are the first aftermarket wheels I've seen on a V that I really like
    Glad you like them, let me know if you have any questions
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

V87
    V87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V

great looking V man!!! ive tried really looking at the grille you have. What color black is it? it doesnt quite look matte, but not that shiny either.

mind helping out with what kind of black paint color you went with? that front end looks bad ass / super aggressive!!!

Arfiman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Beautiful shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by V87 View Post
    great looking V man!!! ive tried really looking at the grille you have. What color black is it? it doesnt quite look matte, but not that shiny either.

mind helping out with what kind of black paint color you went with? that front end looks bad ass / super aggressive!!!
    Hopefully CTSV21 will be able to chime in on the grill color

Quote Originally Posted by Arfiman View Post
    Beautiful shoot!
    Thank you!
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

Purevil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V
    Thanks Paul, I received my VMB5's today. Now to install them tomorrow. I love the wheels, but my set appears to have a lil more blue hue than I expected....tomorrow will tell the tale!

Quote Originally Posted by Purevil View Post
    Thanks Paul, I received my VMB5's today. Now to install them tomorrow. I love the wheels, but my set appears to have a lil more blue hue than I expected....tomorrow will tell the tale!
    I'm happy you like them! I can't wait to see them installed

The base of the matte gunmetal has a blue gray powder. There is a little "blue" tint to the gray but Velgen went with this over standard gray to give more depth to the finish. Depending on the lighting, the wheels have a dark gray appearance and in bright light, the hint of blue shows up in the highlights.

The color is totally unique and now I see it on the car, I love it more. I gotta say tho, I'm not lowered at all and I rub if my two kids are in the back seat. I know I'm running a 285/35-20 & not a 30, but didn't expect it to be an issue. You may wanna let others know...

The color is totally unique and now I see it on the car, I love it more. I gotta say tho, I'm not lowered at all and I rub if my two kids are in the back seat. I know I'm running a 285/35-20 & not a 30, but didn't expect it to be an issue. You may wanna let others know...
    Glad you like the wheels! Would love to see pics

I apologize if there was a miscommunication on my end, the tires we recommend with this setup are either 285/30 or 295/30. The 285/35 is 27.9" OD, which is nearly 1" larger than stock diameter.

I could be wrong, but on my sedan, the rims themselves are actually out beyond the body edge. That being said, even on a 30 series, they would prob rub. I can't see how a lowered car doesn't. I am on a factory spec alignment, what is that car using? Sorry, but after a 600 mile road trip yesterday with only my wife and a 6 year old in the rear seat, I am appalled with how much they were beating up my fenders.

I could be wrong, but on my sedan, the rims themselves are actually out beyond the body edge. That being said, even on a 30 series, they would prob rub. I can't see how a lowered car doesn't. I am on a factory spec alignment, what is that car using? Sorry, but after a 600 mile road trip yesterday with only my wife and a 6 year old in the rear seat, I am appalled with how much they were beating up my fenders.
    If you utilize a tire that brings the overall diameter to 28", you will most likely rub under load with a 10.5" or 11" wide wheel. A 27" overall diameter will tuck when the suspension retracts. The additional 1" is why you are rubbing. The wheels are attempting to tuck but the fenders are striking the additional tire. There are others that have experienced the same issue with various other wheels on this board when running an oversized tire.

The V in this thread is lowered on KW Coilovers and is dropped further than most of our customer's cars. We have quite a few V's with these wheels installed with the correct tire and no rubbing issues. Please send me images of your setup to paul@howeyindustries.com so I can help further.

Thanks,

Paul

I will email them in just a few min, but you have to remember 1" is only 1/2" radius. Not that much. I even asked you about this during our phone call and you said that the 1/2" on a stock suspension should be fine.

I just wanted to update this thread in order to provide additional information for the benefit of other members. After reviewing the images of Purevil's Sedan, the suspension is definitely lower than normal stock ride height. This combined with the oversized tire will cause rubbing under load. At this point, we are not sure why this particular Sedan is lower than typical stock suspension setup.

We always strive to provide the best recommendations based on the information that is provided to us at the time of order. If anyone is concerned about their current setup having fitment issues, please email me directly.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.