Scumbags of the world
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stl_ls1gto
  • 1 Post By Snotty Boom Body
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Scumbags of the world in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So my wife is at a cemetery Saturday for a funeral of a friend of hers, there is a line ...
    Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray

Scumbags of the world

So my wife is at a cemetery Saturday for a funeral of a friend of hers, there is a line of cars parked on the side of the cemetery road and everyone is a little ways away at the grave site.

Some dirtbag drives by and sideswipes 3 cars including the priests car and of course my V, Everyone is too far away to hear anything and of course no one saw anything and of course the scumbag didn't stop, the priest's car got the worst of it and my V the least but the front fender wheel well lip is scratched and slightly creased at the front and a little at the rear of the wheel lip.

The car is Thunder Gray Chromaflair does any one have any experience with refinishing this color ?

Can any body shop re do it or is their some special procedure to repaint it ?

I'm thinking of going to the dealer body shop to start and see what they say is involved to repaint the fender.

My older work trucks no one touches, my new to me 2013 V some ahole has to scar up within two months of me buying it and at a cemetery of all places.

SBB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Re: Scumbags of the world

that sucks, man. If rumors are to be true, the color might be hard to source...

thegraham77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V Coupe Thunder Gray ChromaFlair

I had my thunder grey coupe worked on after some damage as well. Body shop did an outstanding job matching/blending the paint. Bad news...he told me it's the most expensive paint he's ever had to buy though.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

sorry to hear about that, i dont know what I would do in that situation.....maybe an excuse to flare the arches out more to stuff some wider tires under there
    Rule12b likes this.

Snotty Boom Body is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 V Coupe Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    sorry to hear about that, i dont know what I would do in that situation.....maybe an excuse to flare the arches out more to stuff some wider tires under there
    Looking at the positive side of it, I like it

Thanks for the reply's I guess it's no worse color matching than any other color, just need a painter with a good eye.

GMX322V S/C likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Makes you want to add somebody else to that cemetery. As if you didn't have enough grief to deal with and then adding the damage to the situation.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty Boom Body View Post
    Looking at the positive side of it, I like it

Thanks for the reply's I guess it's no worse color matching than any other color, just need a painter with a good eye.
    I researched and made some inquires about ChromaFlair repair with a few reputable shops and industry insiders before I preordered mine back in 2008; I was told that GM and JDSU (pigment mfgr) took steps within the trades (offerred training etc.) to ensure that the repair technique required was comparable to the other multi-stage metallic pigments of the day. That was at first release, so I'd hope competency levels have risen even since then.

Sorry to read of your wife's loss and your V's misfortune!

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Buy a 6 speed manual. Your wife won't drive it.

Stop&Turnfreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by thegraham77 View Post
    I had my thunder grey coupe worked on after some damage as well. Body shop did an outstanding job matching/blending the paint. Bad news...he told me it's the most expensive paint he's ever had to buy though.
    Yes, same thing happened to me, I hit a yetti-coon, (huge freaking racoon I nicknamed), and the paint was over 220 per pint to match. I am actually thinking of having mine stripped, and redone in matte red or blue, just because its cheaper to strip the car (labor) than try to source, and repaint.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Stop&Turnfreak View Post
    Yes, same thing happened to me, I hit a yetti-coon, (huge freaking racoon I nicknamed), and the paint was over 220 per pint to match. I am actually thinking of having mine stripped, and redone in matte red or blue, just because its cheaper to strip the car (labor) than try to source, and repaint.
    Ever hear of insurance ?? It'll cost me $500 to fix any paint damage, no matter what color it is.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

I bet I could find some ice pearl coats or House of Kolor candies that cost more!

Quote Originally Posted by thegraham77 View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.