Plasti Dip V Logo - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Plasti Dip V Logo in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Xaqtly I did my V logos with black plastidip. It works great, just be patient and like ...
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Plasti Dip V Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    I did my V logos with black plastidip. It works great, just be patient and like M5eater said just use a blade to trim it.

Looks good and I LOVE that license plate.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush2112 View Post
    I'm a newbie to plasti dip'ing but Xaqtly......would it be possible to get the chrome around the flag of the V also? Looks great but I think I'd like to to ALL of the chrome on the V logos.
    Sure like ptrd said just use painters tape to mask off the inside of the flag, leaving the chrome exposed.

Thanks Bob

2112rush2112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Well my V coupe should get delivered Tuesday so I guess I have a fun small project to start with Thanks for the assistance gents!

~ Cheers

rayjoedef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe...

Well Folks, I stand corrected and man enough to admit it.....After seeing Xaqtly's V, I decided to watch some vids and give it a shot. I sprayed my rear chrome bezel (above license plate) and the CTS emblem....It came out perfect - looking to do side chrome and front grills. The price to remove all pieces and paint was very expensive. Hope she holds.

MikeJCx9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Selina - 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

^^Pics??^^

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJCx9 View Post
    ^^Pics??^^
    I will once I finish sides...

2112rush2112 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

It's cool Ray. If I haven't seen/heard about so many people happy with the plasti dip I would think that it's a cheap 2nd rate way to mod the appearance of the car. It really seems to be a cool product.

Quote Originally Posted by rayjoedef View Post
    Well Folks, I stand corrected and man enough to admit it.....After seeing Xaqtly's V, I decided to watch some vids and give it a shot. I sprayed my rear chrome bezel (above license plate) and the CTS emblem....It came out perfect - looking to do side chrome and front grills. The price to remove all pieces and paint was very expensive. Hope she holds.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112rush2112 View Post
    It's cool Ray. If I haven't seen/heard about so many people happy with the plasti dip I would think that it's a cheap 2nd rate way to mod the appearance of the car. It really seems to be a cool product.
    I believe my final opinion, and based on experience over past few days, is this....for small areas such as emblems, bezels, etc, I believe the product has its merits. On larger surfaces, such as long moldings, grills, and the such, I'm skeptical. All it takes is a small breach in the surface of the dip, and it's off to the races coming off. At least with small areas, it's easy to redo. The dip however, has given me a window of how the car will look blacked out which is to say awesome....I think the best part of the product is that it's absolutely reversible...
    2112rush2112 likes this.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

^jeep guys use it and one of my buddies goes rock crawling and its all held up. This was 2 years ago.

So I would say it would take a lot for it to rip off, or start to rip off, on our cars. Also you have to do it right.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Here are some pics of my grilles and side vents which I also plastidipped. FWIW it's been almost a year now and the plastidip isn't even close to coming off on its own, i.e. peeling or whatever. It looks like it did when I first put it on, and it's been through a lot of car washes and high winds. Just make sure you do a minimum of 4 solid coats, let it dry and cure, and it'll last as long as you want it to.

Freedom69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V

Plasti Dip is great stuff. I've had no issues as far as peeling and the only part that I tried that didn't really look as good as the Dip Your Car YouTube videos was smoking out the Headlights and Taillights, so I removed it.

Just a tip though... You don't have to be so diligent with the taping off of parts you don't want Plasti Dipped. If there's a break in between, such as the front grill logo in the pictures above, it peels off very easily. The taping and Prep work takes far longer than the actual painting, so saving time like not over masking/taping will help.

Here's my Project...
    IMG_5257.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

Jhouchdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Hey thinking about doing this for a while is it as easy to peel off if u don't like it as people say

brentwoodCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V
    I didn't do my V logo as mine is black, and I kept the center of the crest logo chrome with the V logo. Here's the crest blacked out. Do it right, and it will work anywhere.
    Attached Images

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Just did my V badges on my silver V. Looks great. From start to finish, took me 5 hours. Really let it dry before I started peeling it off.
    Attached Images

pillaplease is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhouchdaddy
    Hey thinking about doing this for a while is it as easy to peel off if u don't like it as people say
    It is. Peels right off. Overspray comes right off with a microfiber and a little pressure as you rub. Give it a go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.