NEW Velgen VMB5 Wheels for CTS V Sedan! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree9Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, NEW Velgen VMB5 Wheels for CTS V Sedan! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; In this picture the 285 Hankook looks like on a decent bump it would make contact with the quarter panel. ...
    Deenasty83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V
    In this picture the 285 Hankook looks like on a decent bump it would make contact with the quarter panel. That's why I'm skeptical running the 295. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372383724.357683.jpg

Paul@HoweyIndustries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: NEW Velgen VMB5 Wheels for CTS V Sedan!

There is no rub and the 285 was chosen due to how low the vehicle was adjusted on the KW Coilovers. The is CTSV21's car and I would suggest contacting him directly to confirm. He even stated that he feels a 295 would have worked without issue, even with his current drop.

I would personally recommend 285 if you are lowered that far. A 295 will be no problem if you have the standard Eibach drop.

Edit: I attempted to reply to your PM but your inbox is full. Please let me know when space is cleared and I will resend. Thanks!
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

Paul I sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV21 View Post
    Hey guys, thats my car on the velgens.
    The wheels fit and ride great on the car. I went with a 285 in the back because I wanted to be low and I didn't find many people on the forum that went with 295 on their 20's but im sure a 295 would've worked too. Overall i'm really happy with the wheels, I think they look great!

Here are a couple more pics

Attachment 108233

PS: I'm on lowered KW V3
    I just purchased these, and I am wondering whether to go with the 285 or 295 rear. My sedan is lowered on Eibach Coupe springs (un-cut). Any suggestions? They look great!

CTSV21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

I am lowered on the V3 with a 285-30-20 V12 , When i first installed i couldnt drive because i was tucking tire , so after adjusting the height in the pictures above there is no rubbing.
    If your lowered on the Eibachs , you for sure can run the 295 / as eibach's sit higher than the D3 Suspension. I had the D3 spring and i wanted to go lower, so thats why i purchased the V3.[COLOR="Silver"]

@ Deenasty , your mailbox is full..

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    What kind ok hankook tires are you running?

----------

What kind ok hankook tires are you running series?

Quote Originally Posted by bolt007 View Post
    What kind ok hankook tires are you running?

----------

What kind ok hankook tires are you running series?
    These are Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires.

255/30/20 and 285/30/20
    Paul@HoweyIndustries.com | 1-888-554-7755 | www.howeyindustries.com | 11535 W 183rd PL, Suite 103, Orland Park, IL 60467

Howey Industries Specializes in Custom Wheels, Performance Parts, and Touchless Tire Installation

Wheel Brands: 360Forged, ADV.1, ADVAN, Avant Garde, Axiom, BBS, Bespoke, Concept One, COR, D2 Forged, Deviant, DPE, Fifty Five, Forgestar, iForged, G Games, Incurve, MRR, Rays, Rennen Forged, Roderick, STANCE, TSW, Volk

kcmoctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Deenasty83 View Post
    I just purchased these, and I am wondering whether to go with the 285 or 295 rear. My sedan is lowered on Eibach Coupe springs (un-cut). Any suggestions? They look great!
    What tire did you end up going with on rear?? 285 or 295? Getting ready to pull the trigger on exact same setup (wheels, eibach uncut coupe springs on Sedan). Was curious with what you
    went with and if you had any issues.

Thanks!

bolt007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI Super charged
    I have 285-35-20 I am selling the set

----------

Will take pics this weekend will put them online.

silvergs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTSVEEEE

How close are the spokes to the calipers? I'd like to run 305s but I know it will rub with these offsets. Is there room on the back spacing to machine Down thus increasing the offset? I'd like to be able to machine down to end with an offset of around 50-52 in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by silvergs View Post
    How close are the spokes to the calipers? I'd like to run 305s but I know it will rub with these offsets. Is there room on the back spacing to machine Down thus increasing the offset? I'd like to be able to machine down to end with an offset of around 50-52 in the rear.
    If you machine down the offset to 50-52 there will be two issues:

1) You center caps will not fit and the spindle/dust cap will protrude.
    2) Your lug studs will over extend and normal lug nuts will crack when you tighten them down. You will need open ended lug nuts.

As far as caliper clearance, you should have not problem with the extra 5 to 7mm.

Paul

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.