Running wires through the firewall?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Running wires through the firewall? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does anyone have any tips on running a few wires from under the hood (fuse box) into the cabin? Where ...
    SSpray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Running wires through the firewall?

Does anyone have any tips on running a few wires from under the hood (fuse box) into the cabin? Where did you run them?

(Installing ZR4 laser shifters, so if you have any specific installation tips, I would appreciate that)

-thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SSpray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Running wires through the firewall?

bump

matt116 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Blackdiamond coupe
    I cut a small hole in the rubber boot at the firewall where the steering column goes through. I then use a metal coat hanger to push through. It may take you some time as it is thick. Make sure where you are pushing there is nothing on the other side.
    Hope this helps
    Matt

jraVegas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by matt116
    I cut a small hole in the rubber boot at the firewall where the steering column goes through. I then use a metal coat hanger to push through. It may take you some time as it is thick. Make sure where you are pushing there is nothing on the other side.
    Hope this helps
    Matt
    ^^^^this^^^. Probably your best bet is to fish a hook through the rubber boot. Make sure those wires in the engine bay are protected from the heat. Then it's just a matter of making sure the lasers are well mounted, 100% level and IMO as close to your headlights as possible.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    The leather punch on a pocket knife works well too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.