Did one of the CTS-V owners in here send me a PM today?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Did one of the CTS-V owners in here send me a PM today? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I did a really dumb thing and deleted the message before responding. I was about a "supercharged" emblem...
    RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Exclamation Did one of the CTS-V owners in here send me a PM today?

I did a really dumb thing and deleted the message before responding.
    I was about a "supercharged" emblem
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Re: Did one of the CTS-V owners in here send me a PM today?

that would be me, I wanted a price quote on a pair of XLR-V Supercharged emblems.

Thanks for asking.

ok ... sorry about that

it was one of those moments when you get distracted talking to someone while doing something else and don't really think about what you're clicking
    it was just as i was leaving for lunch and was a bit rushed and finishing up a few loose ends
    after i got back from lunch i had one of those moments when i remembered reading your PM and then thinking "i should mark this unread so i don't forget it when i get back from lunch" but then realized that it wasn't there and that i had clicked delete instead of 'mark unread'

anyway, the emblem is:
    $35.74 - list price each
    $22.34 - your price each

i don't stock any of these but i can get them in a day or two
    shipping would cost you about $10

the nameplate should come with a peel and stick backing ready to apply
    let me know if you have any questions
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    ok ... sorry about that

it was one of those moments when you get distracted talking to someone while doing something else and don't really think about what you're clicking
    it was just as i was leaving for lunch and was a bit rushed and finishing up a few loose ends
    after i got back from lunch i had one of those moments when i remembered reading your PM and then thinking "i should mark this unread so i don't forget it when i get back from lunch" but then realized that it wasn't there and that i had clicked delete instead of 'mark unread'

anyway, the emblem is:
    $35.74 - list price each
    $22.34 - your price each

i don't stock any of these but i can get them in a day or two
    shipping would cost you about $10

the nameplate should come with a peel and stick backing ready to apply
    let me know if you have any questions
    great price, I just got off the phone and ordered two.

Thanks so much

Tom

i got back from lunch just after you called, thanks for your business

did Gerry ask you if you would like to waive the signature requirement?

i got back from lunch just after you called, thanks for your business

did Gerry ask you if you would like to waive the signature requirement?
    To be honest I don't racall. I do have a question on these emblems, they appear to be individual letter's, are they held together in some fashion to allow easy mounting?

our shipping policy is to require signature, i can't change that now that it has shipped but if you want i can have UPS re-route it to where you (or someone) will be able to sign for it if you want

as for the letters ... some of them might be attached to each other but getting them lined up is something that is one of those 'tricks of the trade' for body and trim guys

if i was you i would use something like painters tape to mark of your spot you want to put them and make it easier to set them in place
    there might be an easier/better way but that's what i can think of right now

our shipping policy is to require signature, i can't change that now that it has shipped but if you want i can have UPS re-route it to where you (or someone) will be able to sign for it if you want

as for the letters ... some of them might be attached to each other but getting them lined up is something that is one of those 'tricks of the trade' for body and trim guys

if i was you i would use something like painters tape to mark of your spot you want to put them and make it easier to set them in place
    there might be an easier/better way but that's what i can think of right now
    I have no other location to send them, so your saying they won't be delivered to my house? If so I guess they'll be returned, what's the refund policy?

Tom

no, not returned, but UPS will leave that little sticker that you can use to go pick it up from them or they will try and redeliver the next day (i think they re-try three times)

this is all only if there is nobody to sign for it

no, not returned, but UPS will leave that little sticker that you can use to go pick it up from them or they will try and redeliver the next day (i think they re-try three times)

this is all only if there is nobody to sign for it
    OK, that's not a big deal, I can request they leave it.

Tom

ok cool, i thought that you couldn't because we sent it 'signature required'

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.