Driving school tire pressure recommendations
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Driving school tire pressure recommendations in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Driving school tire pressure recommendations

I'm attending a high performance driving school at Putnam Park next weekend. I have brand-new Hankook Ventus V12's (275/35/19 and 305/30/19 with 10 mm spacers all the way around). My Michelin PS2's gave me 17,000 miles plus. However, the outside of each tire particularly in front were perfectly smooth.

I know the idea is to keep the tire pressures high enough that you don't hand over onto the outside of the tire in turns. The tires' maximum tire pressure is 50 psi, which I understand is in fact the cold temperature rating.

I think I should start out at about 37 psi and 35 psi – cold – and see what happens. However, I would appreciate advice from smarter people than me or maybe people with more experience so I don't hurt my own feelings.

Thanks so much and happy Easter to everyone,

Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    You should be running at least 40lbs on street tires. Check on line with your tire manufacture as they should have warnings / cautions about hi speed driving.

Have fun!

Re: Driving school tire pressure recommendations

Wiil do and thanks.

jim

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Get a tread depth gauge and some tire marker. Start at about 35 cold and watch those outer front shoulders like a hawk.

Bump up if needed...

I ran 37 PSI cold in the front and 35 PSI cold in the rear. No wear at all on shoulders. I will write a quick review of the driving school and post it on a separate thread.

Thanks for all the input,

Jim

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I left them at 32 cold, and watched them go up during the driving to 35-ish. I like that better than starting higher. When I started higher, they shot way up, and I got the high-pressure warning. No rolling over either at the lower pressures.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I rant 40-38 cold, because I didn't want to destroy my tires. It worked out well.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I should have added that I also have the 275/35x19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports up front, and stock size in the back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.