Winter wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By neuronbob
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Winter wheels in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2011 Thunder Grey CTS-V Coupe. I sold my Volvo S60R AWD ...
    MSS400 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Winter wheels

I'm new to the forum having just bought a 2011 Thunder Grey CTS-V Coupe. I sold my Volvo S60R AWD for this car and my wife is going to KICK MY BUTT if I need to buy yet another car just to get around in the winter (Chicago area). So, I'd like to find the best winter set-up I can. I think I'll go with 18" wheels. I see many of you have suggested TSW Nurburgrings and Drag dr-37 wheels. Any other suggestions?

Mitch

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
    2005 Chrysler Crossfire SRT 6 Roadster
    1969 Pontiac Firebird 400 Convertible

1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (Sold when I still had hair)
    1975 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (Sold when I had a little more hair)
    1966 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (Sold before you were born)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I adored my 2005 S60R. Picked it up new in Germany when I was stationed there. Maxed it out at 155 and did 5 laps of the Nurburgring. Such a great car and the best seats of any car I've ever driven. Congrats on your V. Completely different animal.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Winter wheels

Welcome to the forum.

18's are an option and are less expensive than what I did. Many swear by 18's and the ones in your post clear our big brakes.

I purchased another set of stock wheels (mine are satin graphite) and put on Blizzak LM60's in 255/40-19 (e.g. stock front) all around. I've never gotten stuck in the snow here in Cleveland. With my 2009 V, I used stock-sized Sottozeros and the Blizzaks are, honestly, better in the snow.

We now have over four years of experience with this gen V so these options are the best for winter driving.
    MacBuster and MacBuster like this.

cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    Welcome to the forum.

18's are an option and are less expensive than what I did. Many swear by 18's and the ones in your post clear our big brakes.

I purchased another set of stock wheels (mine are satin graphite) and put on Blizzak LM60's in 255/40-19 (e.g. stock front) all around. I've never gotten stuck in the snow here in Cleveland. With my 2009 V, I used stock-sized Sottozeros and the Blizzaks are, honestly, better in the snow.

We now have over four years of experience with this gen V so these options are the best for winter driving.
    This is what I did....except I got a free set of painted oem wheels because I wanted polished and the dealer just gave me the extras. Only paid $600 for the polished as that was the option price.

V has great manners in the snow with the Blizzaks.

JKG
    JKG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i am a new V owner, but have not received the car yet. I have my eyes on some corvette look-alike wheels in 18" at a good price. i think they will fit but no one has tried yet. i plan to order a set to try it out in late spring, after I actually have a car to try them on. i will post in a couple months if they fit.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe
    Welcome! Another Chicago guy. Check another forum for local events when the weather warms up

cvs
    cvs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Vagon (6spd manual, Opulent Blue, Airaid, DiabloSport)

Ditto on the 19" Blizzaks. Bought a second set of factory wheels to do the summer/winter swap. Two winters here in the Detroit area and no problems.

I came from a manual 2004 V70R before this car and still miss it sometimes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.