Calipers Repainted in Maryland?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Calipers Repainted in Maryland? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have a Red '11 Vagon, with the silver CTS-V logo'd calipers. They tend to blend in with the colors ...
    CTS-V Dragon Wagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Question Calipers Repainted in Maryland?

I have a Red '11 Vagon, with the silver CTS-V logo'd calipers. They tend to blend in with the colors of the polished aluminum wheels and the discs, so I'd like something that stands out a bit more. I'm thinking of yellow or red, as black everything on these CTS-V has become almost common place now (did my '09 White Sedan in blacked out grille, trim, wheels, etc.). Can someone recommend a place in Maryland between DC and Baltimore that could do the work? I want to keep the CTS-V logo as well with the new color of the calipers. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

Re: Calipers Repainted in Maryland?

Prestige auto in Annapolis.

http://www.prestigeannapolis.com/

They deal in mostly just highend's and exotics.

And high end prices to match? I would like to calipers repainted but don't want to pay a small fortune for something like that. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

Buy 2 orders of G2 paint and have a local tire company paint your calipers. Have them remove the wheels, unbolt the caliper (so they can get all around it). I had mine done in yellow and they kept the lines silver and the gaskets and bolts black. I had them put Brembo decals on rather than the V emblem.

Mike
    Attached Images

That looks nice. Didn't know a tire company would paint brake calipers, though? Do you mean like a Merchants or NTW?

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

I dont know their prices on this. Nothing outside the norm. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want something that is good, even, done properly than you have to pay what the service is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    I dont know their prices on this. Nothing outside the norm. Remember, you get what you pay for. If you want something that is good, even, done properly than you have to pay what the service is worth.
    Very true a lot of times. However, having owned a GT-R before, I've been subjected to inflated prices for related products and services, all due to the explanation, "After all, it's a GT-R".

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Interesting in doing this as well but obviously not in Maryland. I guess I should call around some paint shops to see if they will do this?

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Quote Originally Posted by MSOsr View Post
    Buy 2 orders of G2 paint and have a local tire company paint your calipers. Have them remove the wheels, unbolt the caliper (so they can get all around it). I had mine done in yellow and they kept the lines silver and the gaskets and bolts black. I had them put Brembo decals on rather than the V emblem.

Mike
    Where did you get the BREMBO decals?

MSOsr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Thunder Gray CTS-V coupe and Raven Black 2007 SRX

I think Xenonmods.com. They have several different sizes, so I got slightly larger ones for the front calipers. Just Google "caliper decals" and you'll find a bunch of sellers.

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.