First time this forum failed me
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, First time this forum failed me in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I recently put to post on this forum about whether a tire setup within the OEM wheels and what type ...
    Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

First time this forum failed me

I recently put to post on this forum about whether a tire setup within the OEM wheels and what type of spacers I should get. Between the two I had nearly 400 "looks" but no responses.

A few weeks ago I found out about the "cadillacowners" forum. I placed the same to post on it and got responses within 36 hours.

I always sing the praises of this forum and others. However, I think it is also important to set out times in the form is not as responsive. It keeps things honest. I felt both of my questions were very serious.

I suspect I will get a lot of responses to this telling me to "eat sh__ and die", "what makes you so special?" and you must live by the motto: "It's all about me or, if not, it should be." Since I've been married for 30 years, a bunch of critical comments won't bother me much.

So be it. This forum has criticized Cadillac at times.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

the forum I referred to should be "cadillacowners."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

Re: First time this forum failed me

Glad you found the answer to your question. Sorry we didn't have the answer for you....

I will say it is kinda funny... when you try to type in the other websites name on this site it automatically changes to Cadillacowners. A little insecure this site must be to go to those lengths.

Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

For whatever reason I can't edit my post. The forum that came to my assistance is the "cadillacowners" forum.

Sorry for the mistake.

Jim

daowens is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

cadillacowners.com

Edit: haha, I had to try it for myself.

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

I think what you are trying to say is:

"See"
    "Tee"
    "Ess"
    "Vee"
    "Owners"
    dot
    com

There are a lot of knowlegeable folks over there and a lot of information can ge gleaned from that other site with far less "propoganda". Plus its a "Katie-free" zone. LOL
    tkracing and tkracing like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

there was some breaking of the forum rules and there were some bans and then the other site was started
    they began to actively recruit members here to join their forum and started a cold war of sorts
    now they're the forum that shall not be named

in my opinion it was all one big misunderstanding that at some point became "a bridge too far" and there was no going back
    and truthfully, i don't really know the whole/real story
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Trionalaw View Post
    I recently put to post on this forum about whether a tire setup within the OEM wheels and what type of spacers I should get. Between the two I had nearly 400 "looks" but no responses.

A few weeks ago I found out about the "cadillacowners" forum. I placed the same to post on it and got responses within 36 hours.

I always sing the praises of this forum and others. However, I think it is also important to set out times in the form is not as responsive. It keeps things honest. I felt both of my questions were very serious.

I suspect I will get a lot of responses to this telling me to "eat sh__ and die", "what makes you so special?" and you must live by the motto: "It's all about me or, if not, it should be." Since I've been married for 30 years, a bunch of critical comments won't bother me much.

So be it. This forum has criticized Cadillac at times.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

the forum I referred to should be "cadillacowners."
    Why is this not being allowed through?

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

To prevent a mass exodus?

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Why is this not being allowed through?
    Did you read my post directly before yours? i thought i explained it pretty well
    while i'm not an official spokesperson for this forum i think i explained what anyone who was around at the time could plainly see
    there are probably some other reasons/nuances/intricacies to the answer but you should be able to at least get a little bit of an idea why

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    To prevent a mass exodus?
    the exodus had already happened and many came back
    also, there are a bunch of dual members across both boards

they were basically using this site to advertise for their site (for free)
    which is a big no-no in the user agreement (and common courtesy)

imho this community is better
    it certainly is bigger and more active
    RapidRob and RapidRob like this.
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I did read it. But, I also thought we, at least most of us, live in a country that honors, even cherishes, free speech.

I'm on multiple forums, and avoid any of the name calling, but, in all honesty, isn't this about enthusiasts, and for enthusiasts?

I think links should be allowed both ways, anything less is bordering on, or more accurately, crossing over into censorship.

Just my two cents.

i appreciate your 2c, but it is a business too

imagine:
    what if you started a business and begin to foster a community around that business
    eventually you nurture it into the largest/premier community in it's niche
    then some of your community members decide to start a competing business
    and they come to your community and recruit your community members over to their business
    away from your community and your business
    that would be okay with you?

as i think about those days more some of the specifics of what was going on at the time are coming back ... some aren't
    i believe it kind of started with a vendor war
    vendors bad mouthing each other and lying about and smearing each other
    inciting division among the community and causing unneeded social negativity
    it was not cool and many people probably said and did things that they regret

then one of the vendors decided to start their own forum so they could write the rules for who can be a vendor and who can say what
    (and have the final decision on what gets to be censored and what doesn't)
    that's fine with me... i prefer the rules and regulations for vendors here personally
    but i can understand this site's beef with them coming back here to advertise (for free mind you... this is an ad supported business)
    on this forum anyone can say anything about any vendor (as long as it's true)
    there are lots of complaint threads ... and nothing gets taken down (unlike many other forums where you can't speak ill of the vendors)

i'm just trying to explain what happened and explain why i understand site's policy regarding mentioning/linking that site
    you were around back then, right? did you not witness the whole debacle?

Granted, it is a business, but it's also a forum.

Perhaps I am naive, but I still believe first amendment trumps. I don't blame the forum hosts/owner for not wanting another forum advertised, but to censor their existence, I personally think that's going beyond it, and, if I may, not taking the higher road.

As an example, and this happened last week to me. A solid customer asked why he should by my product rather than our closest competitor. First thing I said is that they make a quality product. I said I feel ours is better, and we are well known to have the best service and support in the industry. I further cited an annual, independent survey of users in the field, and mentioned we are ranked #1 every year.

If not for our competitor, we would be complacent, and not push to develop new and better products, and sooner to market.

I didn't say anything derogatory about them, but I know they do about us. That's ok, I still get the majority of the business in my region, by a long shot.

There's room for both forums, many members are on both. If it's all about the business, and not the passion, then it will fail. It's a finicky group, but it's a hobby for most, first and foremost.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Not to turn this personal (far from it) but I know many people who look at posts and don't comment because we don't know the answer. What's worse? Reading and answering, simply typing half-assed responses for the sake of feedback itself and sending someone down a path of failure or reading a post because you're interested in trying to help someone but knowing when to keep your mouth shut so you don't screw the OP? It happens a lot....as it did to you but be glad you didn't get a garbage response from someone who thought they knew what you needed but didn't.
    Rule12b and Rule12b like this.

Good point, Trapspeed.

How about those that write "subscribed"? I think, why bother, just go to the thread tools and subscribe that way? Less intrusive.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That, too. I remember all too many times reading something some kid posted in response to something on the old LS1tech boards that made me shake my head and say, "WTF?". Best of intentions gone wrong....and someone else pays for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.