New member here, Unique Wheels :)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New member here, Unique Wheels :) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; What's up guys/gals, first post but V owner since July 2012. It has escaped hurricane sandy, and made the unfortunate ...
    V_for_Vendetta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V coupe, 2013 Ats turbo prem.

New member here, Unique Wheels :)

What's up guys/gals, first post but V owner since July 2012. It has escaped hurricane sandy, and made the unfortunate experience a little more tolerable. Between custom one-off design, to natures way of saying F-you, and hurdles of locating tires to work, myself and Joe Medina from rennen were able to finally get these wheels made (only 4 months later lol, thanks Joe). I hear D3 had some input on the sizing as this is the only V of our knowledge to wear a 21/22" combo with a 22x12 rear. The wheels are custom designed monobloks of the 3 piece RM-10 to achieve more concavity. Next up is a mild drop, a few bits for the body and interior, and perhaps a few added hundred horses. 6 speed of course with recaros. This is purely a street look, factory wheels for more serious driving. Enjoy the sneak peak, photoshoot to follow soon after a few mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New member here, Unique Wheels :)

Eddie_alchemy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks good, I thought about going 21" and 22" but stuck to 21" all around. What size tire you running on the rear ?

just need to lower that bad boy !

Thanks, 305 rear toyo. Has a slight stretch. Drop is on the way.

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

Hello and welcome.... Not for me but as long as you like them that's all that matters.

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

+1 not my cup of tea but who cares
    enjoy your ride

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Those very short sidewalls would get popped soooo fact here in DC with its ruts, freeze bumps, potholes, steel plates and other assorted road war zone attributes. I have about 5 roads memorized where the hazards are and always careful to learn the new ones.

hulksdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

As others have said, glad you like them, enjoy your ride!

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

The CTS-V is all about appearance, right? Just do this.

No, not all about appearance, it's something you do for fun when the money is there to spend it. Would it make you feel better when I apply that approach to the performance mods? Then you can photoshop a rocket on the hood being that you have a lot of spare time on your hands . Or, if that isnt fun enough you can photoshop a big vagina on your personal car to better demonstrate its owner. FYI, when I want more performance I just jump in one of my other cars that doesn't have 22" rears, I'm fortunate to have a few nice options.

Oh yeah the rears only weigh 25 lbs. each. Just sayin' bud . If you don't like the "concept car" look, then don't pay attention to it. We don't criticize you for being a load now do we?

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by V_for_Vendetta View Post
    ...This is purely a street look...
    No, not all about appearance....
    hmmmm
    Xaqtly and Xaqtly like this.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

I think personalizing these cars is a good thing, if they all looked the same it would be no fun. Some people hated my pinstripes on mine, but i like them, that's all that counts. I like those wheels btw, definatley different.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    I think personalizing these cars is a good thing, if they all looked the same it would be no fun. Some people hated my pinstripes on mine, but i like them, that's all that counts. I like those wheels btw, definatley different.
    +1

I like the design of the wheels, but my personal preference would be for smaller wheels and more tire sidewall. Of course, everyone is different.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

This is purely a street look
    Next up is a mild drop, a few bits for the body and interior
    No, not all about appearance
    when I want more performance I just jump in one of my other cars that doesn't have 22" rears
    I'm confused. You take a performance car, then you put huge wheels on it and say it's purely for the street. Then you say it's not all about appearance right after saying it is all about appearance coupled with your plans to do more appearance-only modifications, and finish by saying when you want performance you drive a different car that doesn't have oversized wheels on it, even though you're the one who took a performance car and made it all about appearance in the first place.

Is that about right? Look, you may be better off posting stuff like this in the appearance mods section. And if you're just going to drive other cars for performance anyway, you could save a lot of money by trading your V in on a normal CTS and blinging that out instead. It'll look pretty much the same, right?

Ok, I guess I was very confusing to the two members who probably at one time wished 15" cragars came on a V. The others understood me just fine. High 5 to education. My V is one wheel swap away from having more access to more performance tires as 22s don't offer summer tire options. The point is that the wheels are a street look/ appearance mod only. I'm pretty certain that only a few here take their car to the track. That being said, the V is a great car for what it is, however not exactly the quintessential track car given its size/ weight. A lotus/ Ferrari/etc make for better track cars. Cts V is a very capable car that is more of a highway monster than auto X.

I own one, so I obviously know what it is and isn't. Stop taking cars so seriously, and if you saw the car in person you would appreciate the "look" in three dimension as we also know these cars look better in real life. As for the 2 guys on here that think they are such performance purists, I really hope your cars are 6 speeds.. If not, stfu

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.