Sedan 285/35/19 on the front
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By needstires
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Sedan 285/35/19 on the front in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has anyone tried to run this I mounted my rear sedan wheels on the front and put the rear coupe ...
    needstires is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sedan 285/35/19 on the front

Has anyone tried to run this I mounted my rear sedan wheels on the front and put the rear coupe wheels and tires on the rear as anyone tried this combo out I drove around with the rear coupe wheels in the rear of my sedan and it was ok no problem I don't know what would happen if you put 3 huge people in the back seat if the bulge old rub or not is really close . By the way it looks great with the extra 1/2 inch stance in the rear !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

Re: Sedan 285/35/19 on the front

I tried my factory sedan rear 19x9.5 wheels on the front. They hit the upper control arm. I needed a 8 mm spacer to make it work. Any spacer that thick or thicker needs to be hub-centric. The 285 mm width is no problem with the spacer.

I have not tried the coupe wheels on the rear. The 19x10 coupe rears have a 40 mm offset. That would stick out 16 mm more than the factory set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Low_ET
    I tried my factory sedan rear 19x9.5 wheels on the front. They hit the upper control arm. I needed a 8 mm spacer to make it work. Any spacer that thick or thicker needs to be hub-centric. The 285 mm width is no problem with the spacer.

I have not tried the coupe wheels on the rear. The 19x10 coupe rears have a 40 mm offset. That would stick out 16 mm more than the factory set-up.
    If you would like I will send a pic it looks really good and the tire is still under the wheel lip it might rub on the bulge but you will need to put a lot of weight in the rear and hit some hard bumps but these IRS set ups the top of the wheel tip inward on the way up so I'm confident it won't be a problem . It looks really good with the wider stance its 1/2 inch out further than stock on both sides it's going to help on the road course keep it planted .

cotty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ctsv 2009

i put my rear rims up front with 17 mm hub centric and hardend studs
    and i had the front rims widened to 11 in with 305 24mm hub centric and hardend studs.i had to roll the rear fender
    very little and had no problem. Running springs and sway bars from d3.Have run several track days d3 over nighted me spacers and were real good at working with me so i could make it to the cadillac challenge

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,

You can run the rear sedan wheels on the front with our spacer kit. However the rear of the sedan might have some rubbing issues when you use the Coupe rear wheels, unless you spend some time working on the fenders. The offset is more aggressive. Looks great, but it will contact the tire unless you are running a stretch setup. Even that is no guarantee... I would be concerned about bumps in the road, or too much weight in the rear.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by needstires View Post
    Has anyone tried to run this I mounted my rear sedan wheels on the front and put the rear coupe wheels and tires on the rear as anyone tried this combo out I drove around with the rear coupe wheels in the rear of my sedan and it was ok no problem I don't know what would happen if you put 3 huge people in the back seat if the bulge old rub or not is really close . By the way it looks great with the extra 1/2 inch stance in the rear !

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design
    Hello,

You can run the rear sedan wheels on the front with our spacer kit. However the rear of the sedan might have some rubbing issues when you use the Coupe rear wheels, unless you spend some time working on the fenders. The offset is more aggressive. Looks great, but it will contact the tire unless you are running a stretch setup. Even that is no guarantee... I would be concerned about bumps in the road, or too much weight in the rear.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    I'm on the waiting list for the 11 mm and stud kit for the front . I appreciate the input thanks. I'm not going to load up the back seat if possible with the coupe wheels . I'm going to run it both ways come April stock and with the coupe wheels in the back and the 285s up front with the spacer kit . And see if it make it better or not I will use the transponder so there is no cheating . I will post the time difference if any . Also the same tires .
    Dr. Design and Dr. Design like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.