New covering for splitter or other trim
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By qictrk
  • 2 Post By qictrk
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, New covering for splitter or other trim in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I bought a front splitter from V2vdesigns and first covered it with 3m paper and really didn't like the look, ...
    qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

New covering for splitter or other trim

I bought a front splitter from V2vdesigns and first covered it with 3m paper and really didn't like the look, I'm not very good at wrapping and getting parts to look very good, especially with parts
    that have tight corners. Then the light bulb went off in my head(only 15 watts so don't fear), why not try water print proccess! The cost is less than real carbon fiber and not that much more than
    a wrap. I had ProImageing do it and I really like the look. He told me you treat it like paint because it has a clear coat. The one thing I didn't like was the turn around time and hopefully he gets
    better at that. Anyway this give all of us a different option for making some small changes. Cecil.............
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: New covering for splitter or other trim

Looks really good, Warf.

I had my tint shop use the 3M di-noc on my pieces. Keep us updated on wear. My 3M was installed well over 3 years and 35,000 miles ago and still looks great...

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by qictrk
    I bought a front splitter from V2vdesigns and first covered it with 3m paper and really didn't like the look, I'm not very good at wrapping and getting parts to look very good, especially with parts
    that have tight corners. Then the light bulb went off in my head(only 15 watts so don't fear), why not try water print proccess! The cost is less than real carbon fiber and not that much more than
    a wrap. I had ProImageing do it and I really like the look. He told me you treat it like paint because it has a clear coat. The one thing I didn't like was the turn around time and hopefully he gets
    better at that. Anyway this give all of us a different option for making some small changes. Cecil.............
    Where did you get them done?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    Where did you get them done?
    Proimagingonline.com Cecil...................

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Thanks Cecil. I'm on the fence. I have the Airaid in that finish and its ok but also ordered the trunk piece from Matt at O Carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCTSV View Post
    Thanks Cecil. I'm on the fence. I have the Airaid in that finish and its ok but also ordered the trunk piece from Matt at O Carbon.
    Yea, nothing can beat the real thing, but this is about 1/4 the price. I am concerned about the durability like Jim says. Especially, the splitter. It does look close to carbon fiber.
    My license plate frame is the real thing, to give you an idea. Anyway, just another option for people, I get nothing out of it. Cecil...............
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

tkracing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts-v coupe

Nice... I debated doing the same and instead spent too much on the real CF.

V2 BRAWN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon white A-6

That looks really nice.

I bought one of those splitters too but was very concerned about repairing minor bumps and abrasions in the future. I decided to coat mine with spray-on bedliner. Not as sporting but good for my DD.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

i think v2v does a great job on his m3 c/f option. if it does get scuffed or slight damage you can buy/replace the peice you need rather than the whole 3pc design. looks good cecil. good luck and thanks for sharing.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I will say I really like the rear deck strip. I've been debating on what I want to do with mine...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.