Take your exhaust to the dark side with Stainless Works
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Stainless Works
  • 2 Post By Stainless Works
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Take your exhaust to the dark side with Stainless Works in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    Stainless Works is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Take your exhaust to the dark side with Stainless Works

Headers, Mufflers, Tips: Whatever you'd like blacked out, we can get it done.

The Black thermal coating is still a special order service, so you do have to call us or one of our dealers to get a quote. 1.800.878.3635 X232

This is a satin black with the highest temperature rating we have available at 1800-2000°.

This would look really good on the coupe mufflers of a murdered out car.

-Jason

hlantin and hlantin like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Re: Take your exhaust to the dark side with Stainless Works

you should sell those tips as a separate item/option. just my .02... if you were to part out just the tips, what would be your sale price?

btw, ever think about doing a stock manifold mid pipe/x-pipe replacement that would eliminate the second cats and the flattened out stock pipe that would also
    eliminate the stock sub-par x-pipe, and bolt up to stock mufflers (before the axle).

4DoorV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black
    Ditto on keeping front cats and stock muffler and replacing just mid/x pipe

xlr_x is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 v coupe 78 trans am 75 stingray

if i want to place an order for a coupe catback but would like to have a 5" tips in black would you guys do it or not ?

Stainless Works is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Stillborn View Post
    you should sell those tips as a separate item/option. just my .02... if you were to part out just the tips, what would be your sale price?

btw, ever think about doing a stock manifold mid pipe/x-pipe replacement that would eliminate the second cats and the flattened out stock pipe that would also
    eliminate the stock sub-par x-pipe, and bolt up to stock mufflers (before the axle).
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorV View Post
    We are actually able to piece and part together a setup that deletes the secondary cats, runs through our X pipe and then will splice into the stock exhaust. This combination does not have an actual part number but we can put something together easily enough. PM me if interested and I will get it quoted out.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr_x View Post
    if i want to place an order for a coupe catback but would like to have a 5" tips in black would you guys do it or not ?
    The Coupe catback is only offered with 4" tips. Unlike the sedan or wagon, the coupe does have removable tips so if you did find a set of 5 inchers that you liked, you could have them welded on no problem.

-Jason
    Stillborn and Stillborn like this.

brent38 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 4DoorV
    I know the install down under looks like crap, what would be the benefit of changing the mid pipes? Better sound, more power?

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

Quote Originally Posted by brent38 View Post
    I know the install down under looks like crap, what would be the benefit of changing the mid pipes? Better sound, more power?
    all the above. the stock x-pipe is not a true x-pipe, and the removal of secondary cats as well as the flattened/crushed stock pipe will net better flow and sound characteristics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.