Black headlight mod. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Black headlight mod. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I don't like to "rice" it up too much, but if I keep my V into the summer I may ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Black headlight mod.

I don't like to "rice" it up too much, but if I keep my V into the summer I may do this. It looks high quality...

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Jim thank you for the compliments, we do put a lot of time and pride into our work!

So with all this being said.....anyone interested?

I can't say yes because tax season rapes me hard. But, if I survive, I may be interested in the late spring...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I can't say yes because tax season rapes me hard. But, if I survive, I may be interested in the late spring...
    I got killed too,owe $13k!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    I may call you. I and flying to Miami Sun for a week so if I can get the lights out Friday and mailed out Sat, so long as I get them back by the next weekend. Need quotes for painting Black Raven and Halos. I'm in So Cal.

PM me your email and I'll work that price up today. We have a set of white halos in stock so that will cut down on some time

What are color options for the Halos?

Is it legal in CA to paint or tint the the markers or driving lights?

Not sure legalities in CA, but the halo colors come in white, Green,blue, red

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Technically, any altering of the factory lighting is typically illegal for road use. This includes tinting the marker lights and tail lights. Whether your state cares or not is the real question. I have a friend who has ripped off his cats, put LT headers on, tinted all his lights including the headlights and windshield and still manages to pass inspection/emissions every year. I have not gone as far as tinting my headlights or windshield (have no plans to either) but in my state (PA) TheDarkKnight's mod would not even raise an eyebrow at any inspection place or the dealer. They won't even notice. It also really does not impact the brightness of the headlights. While it may be technically illegal to tint the DRL's what is the danger? Not like you use them to see. In CA they can be real ba*l basters so who knows. I would suspect this would not draw much attention though. The Halos come on many cars and are not illegal but again, your altering the factory lighting. I doubt anyone would care about these either. I think your more likely to get hassled with tinted tails than with this mod.

I do have my tails and markers tinted. I passed inspection this year with no problem. Being LED's the tails are still very bright even with 20% tint. The problem is if someone runs into the back of me they could claim it was due to my taillights being tinted. PA state law says you can't alter any lighting on the car but also says your tail lights must be visible from 100' away in the dark. My tails are visible at 100' but since I altered them, technically the car is not road legal. That said, no one has stopped me and I have had a cop car directly behind me a few times. It does give them the opportunity to pull you over and hassle you or give you a "must correct" citation but that is a chance I'm willing to take. When I see what some of the idiots around me drive, I figure a little tinting is the least of the cop's worries.

I also just purchased a new set of tail lights that were take off's at a great price. I plan to permanently paint those and remove the tint from the current tails and just keep them in case I get hassled. I can then just swap them out quickly. The tinted tails with the same tint used for the windows did not come out perfectly so I'm going to paint a set instead.

Excellent feedback. Please quote for painting housing Black Raven, tinted markers, DRLs and white Halos preferably price per item per light.

I will email you the quote tonight. Thanks for the clarification mike!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I don't really like your post, I just "Liked" it. I don't know what I owe yet. There may be a chance I have to sell the V to cover mine if it's bad enough...

Well I can say I unlike you having to sell your V to pay the government!

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    I hear the same thing from my brother. "Oh man Uncle Sam is taking 30K from me" and my retort is always "You have to make it for them to take it" They take the same 30K from me. It's just mine comes out automatically each pay. We all get screwed whether self employed or not. Just the screwing is not all at one time in my case. It's a 52 week screw

I so want to do this mod but decided only if I get a take-off set of lights, cheap. I always want the option to swap out to go back to stock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.