Black headlight mod. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Black headlight mod. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Started the process today. The housings were blast cabinet sanded, primed x 3 coats, and so far one coat of ...
    TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Started the process today. The housings were blast cabinet sanded, primed x 3 coats, and so far one coat of textured black. They will look awesome! cleaned all of the old silicone from the tracks to get a nice flat surface to re-seal. Also did one coat of VHT over amber marker.

Re: Black headlight mod.

Sorry for not completing the above post, posting from the iPhone sucks.

Anyway.......I am going to be gluing my lights back up tomorrow and finish tinting the amber lights. We already have one customer, Ben at Weapon X.
    Once I get finished product pictures up for everybody, I will be taking orders for the beginning of febuary moving forward. I will post a different thread with all the pertinent details for all of you on all of the finishes, colors, and Halo's installed.....yes Halo's folks!

the attached photo is after 3 coats of the textured black paint on the internal housings. They look great!

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps802728dc.jpg

Taking after our fellow member NathanScott, I decided to delve into the realm of performing the Black Headlight Mod on my lights for my 2012 CTS V Sedan. I did this in large amounts with my partner for my former Toyota Tundra and members of our other forum. All in all, we probably performed between 100-125 truck sets. With that being said, we have had great success in not only Tundra lights, but also other brands of vehicles like Lexus, Ford, and Nissan.

After posting a random post on "another forum" I made contact with Ben at Weapon X. He is going to be our first customer in performing this mod. His lights are being shipped to us now, but below I have posted a few pics of the work being done in process, and some of the finished product.

We take apart all the lights by heating them in the oven, take out all old glue. We take the interior housing apart and paint the interior in either gloss, matte, or textured black. We also can tint the amber vertical lenses and the DRLs. As you can see in my pictures, I tinted the amber lense, but did not tint the DRL's. Ben is going to have the same light set up as me, but his DRL's are going to be tinted. My lights have the Textured black paint. Once the paint has dried and cured, they are resealed with a window grade retrofit adhesive made specifically for lights, and then reheated to set and cure the lights bond.

Aside from just doing the black headlight mod, we also can install Halo's in the lights at the same time they are apart. They come in a standard four ring halo set, 2 for each light. They will be wired and left with the lines to be hard wired and run into your interior control.

For those of you interested we will be offering this service at a nominal fee compared to some of the big shops that other members have had nominal success with (not naming any names). But the most important thing is that we DO NOT CUT the housing or lenses, Like the others do!

For a standard BHLM service we are doing both headlights with your choice of paint finish in either Gloss, Matte, Or textured for $350

For the Standard BHLM with the amber lense tinted as seen in pictures below add $25, or $375

For Standard BHLM with tinted ambers AND tinted DRL's add another $25, or $400

Standard turn around time for just BHLM's is 2-3 days once we recieve them.

For those of you that want Halo's installed on your lights, this money must be paid up front because we do not keep the rings in stock and are ordered for each set of lights. The light kits with installation and the BHLM performed to the ring of Halos is $400, plus cost of whichever BHL modifications you choose. Turn around time for lights with Halos installed is 4-5 days once we recieve lights.

Reservations will be taken on a first come first serve basis. We will be performing two sets a week starting the week of 2/10/13. Money is fully refundable if you choose to cancel your reservation.

If you are intersted in setting up a reservation, please email me at Michaelgbemis@gmail.com, include your desired date you wish to ship and have performed, your desired paint finish, and any other ala carte mods you would like done.

Be sure to check out this thread for more pics as we finish Ben's lights and other members!

Cheers!
    Mike aka THe Dark Knight

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8d19e81c.jpg
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psf2feadf8.jpg
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7238721.jpg
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psf9a986dc.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails

tcullenm3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan, 03 BMW M3, 02 Avalanche, '12 KTM RC8R

Hey Mike

I'm not having any luck with the photo attachments, either says the pic has been removed, or takes me to the main login page for PB

Ok send me an email to michaelgbemis@gmail.com and I'll send the pics. Sorry for the trouble. I suck At Internet posting!

tcullenm3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V Sedan, 03 BMW M3, 02 Avalanche, '12 KTM RC8R

no problem, I was actually able to view them on the other site... they look great, and will be on my "to do"list..

I'll be waiting..... Stay tuned for more installed pics

Thought this would generate more interest. It's crickets over here......

Lights finished and installed. These are with the amber lenses tinted, DRL's untinted and Black Textured paint on housing. What do you think?

AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Looks great! Dig it.

Open for business.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Mike, These look amazing. They would go perfectly with my all black theme. Do you offer any installation services since I think we live fairly close? How hard is it to remove the lights? I do some minor work myself but don't want to take a chance on damaging those expensive lights. Maybe with my tax refund I can look to get this done.

Removing lights isn't too bad, you just have to unclip bumper and unbolt lights. Pretty easy. If you could ship them on a Friday, we could get them back by the next Friday at latest if you were just doing standard bhlm with no hAlos.

It would look great on your car, since we are so similar

Some recent pictures of another set we just finished for Ben over at WeaponXmotorsports. He had black textured paint and tinted DRLs.

Our next project this week is a set of lights with tinted amber markers, thunder grey matched housings and Oracle halos. Should be great
    Attached Images

The plague continues......we can talk about a engine rattle or everyone's impressions on Recaro seats for a lifetime......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.