2012 V Coupe and Eibachs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 2012 V Coupe and Eibachs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have been searching on the forum for info regarding the installation of a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs on ...
    sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

2012 V Coupe and Eibachs

I have been searching on the forum for info regarding the installation of a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs on a 2012 CTS-V Coupe and haven't found a definitive answer. Anyone installed a set on a 2012 Coupe? From what I can gather so far, what I need to do is remove is the dust caps and cut the bump stops on the fronts and do neither to the rears? I don't want the dreaded squeaking or leaking shocks later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2012 V Coupe and Eibachs

The local dealer has the car and is installing the Eibachs today. I gave them a link to the forum, as they hadn't installed the Eibachs on a CTS-V before. Hopefully, they won't screw it up.

CTSWEEE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

I did mine...With the help from some board members...I had the bump stops cut and cut 5" off the coil....the car sits great with zero issues with the MRS
    ""

Although the dealer charged me $480 for installation and an alignment and scratched one of my stock satin Graphite wheels with the air-gun, the lowered stance looks great. I did notice the car absorbs potholes better. So far, I am pleased with the Eibachs.

Bubba Ho-Tep is online now Cadillac Owners Member

Had a local performance shop do mine. Left the dust caps alone but trimmed the bum stops slightly- no issues at all. It's also important to note that I didn't "cut" the front springs like everyone seems to suggest and I'm glad I didn't! The car sits perfect. Don't believe everything you read. I'll post a profile shot when I get a chance.

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Ho-Tep
    Had a local performance shop do mine. Left the dust caps alone but trimmed the bum stops slightly- no issues at all. It's also important to note that I didn't "cut" the front springs like everyone seems to suggest and I'm glad I didn't! The car sits perfect. Don't believe everything you read. I'll post a profile shot when I get a chance.
    Pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Ho-Tep View Post
    I didn't have mine cut either. With the Eibachs, I am not sure why anyone would. The idea of cutting any springs, much less new high-performance springs, bothers me a bit. After my experiences of having my cars modded over the years, I just wouldn't trust anyone to do it right.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by sunsalem View Post
    Although the dealer charged me $480 for installation and an alignment and scratched one of my stock satin Graphite wheels with the air-gun, the lowered stance looks great. I did notice the car absorbs potholes better. So far, I am pleased with the Eibachs.
    Did they cut the bump stops? Guess you'll know if the car starts squeaking.

Quote Originally Posted by CoppeR View Post
    Did they cut the bump stops? Guess you'll know if the car starts squeaking.
    Yes, and removed the dust covers too.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Pics, please.

Bubba Ho-Tep is online now Cadillac Owners Member

As promised- here's a profile shot of my '12 V Coupe with stock Eibach height (i.e. NO cutting!)....

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

Looks sweet!!

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Ho-Tep
    As promised- here's a profile shot of my '12 V Coupe with stock Eibach height (i.e. NO cutting!)....
    Nice!

Can you measure front lip clearance?

Unfortunately, my dealer-installed Eibachs are starting to squeak. I am not too surprised. Finding someone in Oregon who knows how to install aftermarket parts is difficult, at best. I have been thru this with many vehicles and it isn't brand specific. For some reason, very few folks actually modify their vehicles here (or perhaps just do the work themselves?). At any rate, I have an appointment Thursday to bring it back in.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Your car looks good. Let us know if your squeak goes away, and what they may have done to accomplish that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.