2012 V Coupe and Eibachs - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, 2012 V Coupe and Eibachs in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ok...so I f*cked up Lol ( damn magnetic ride made me lean to d3, didn't want to run Into problems, ...
    jokerface is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Ok...so I f*cked up
    Lol
    ( damn magnetic ride made me lean to d3, didn't want to run Into problems, yet problems ran into me)
    Live and learn.

sunsalem is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V BR Coupe

Re: 2012 V Coupe and Eibachs

After having 2 Cadillac dealers fail to fix the squeaking with my Eibachs, I'll have to find another source for suspension expertise. I noticed neither dealer know much about how the CTS-V suspension system really works. I asked questions and got blank stares in return. Seems to be par for the course when dealing with the service departments at dealerships....at least that has been my experience. Will try to find someone, somewhere in the state Oregon who knows something about late model Cadillac suspensions.

Bill S in Philly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V and 2012 SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsalem
    After having 2 Cadillac dealers fail to fix the squeaking with my Eibachs, I'll have to find another source for suspension expertise. I noticed neither dealer know much about how the CTS-V suspension system really works. I asked questions and got blank stares in return. Seems to be par for the course when dealing with the service departments at dealerships....at least that has been my experience. Will try to find someone, somewhere in the state Oregon who knows something about late model Cadillac suspensions.
    Had the same problem on my 2012 CTS-V with Eibachs. Sounded bad and embarrassing. The installer; J D Performance outside of Philadelphia, PA, (Elkins Park) worked with Hennessesy. And Eibach to fix the problem. Runs/handles and sounds great now. Give J.D. performance a call 215-938-9270 or jdautorepair96@verizon.net. Ask for Joe and tell him Bill referred you.

Installed sleeves on all for springs that ride or thread up first 3 coils. Eibach has the sleeves. Also RE- aligned front wheels for better wear with the soft rubber.
    Car is awesome now. It took several weeks to find the correct remedy. The Eibach springs are actually for 2011 CTS-V's.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by sunsalem

Easy fix and worth the wait. Can be fixed/repaired in less than one day. My pics were to large to send. Send me your email address and I'll send the photos.

PM sent....

Bill S in Philly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V and 2012 SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerface

Installed d3 competition springs. Herd squeaking, so back to the shop. Used a spray lubricant for all components, 2 weeks later squeaking back. Ok so cut bump stops and dust cap... D3 says. Come to find out the bump stops have been trimmed/ cut and not recommended to remove dust cap. Only solution left... Thick engine grease ,( Molly grease )under all caps and rod. D3 said this should solve problem. This better work, fingers crossed : /
    Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by jokerface

In most cases I would have, but I waited over 3 months for these particular springs. And could the springs be defective? I doubt it considering its simplicity. They admitted to encounter this issue rarely in the past but simply do the same greasing and it resolves the problem. I read that to should lubricate when installing springs... I mean what else could it be?!
    Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him. Bill S in Philly.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S in Philly

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him.

----------

Call Joe at JD Performance;1-215-938-9270 or email him at jdsautorepair96@verizon.net. Don't rely on the dealer telling you what to do to fix it, your going to have to tell them what the remedy is through your research. Don't let them grease it up or use a lube because it will only windup screwing your aluminum wheels up which you will never keep them clean. Call Joe, I already told him you would be calling. Have your dealer call him. Bill S in Philly.
    The Eibach springs are a great product. The sleeves will fix the problem. Also instructions came with the springs to cut the bumper stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S in Philly View Post
    Easy fix and worth the wait. Can be fixed/repaired in less than one day. My pics were to large to send. Send me your email address and I'll send the photos.
    Thanx. Here is my email address: xlrctsv@gmail.com

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

This is a good thread as I plan to get Eibachs unless I get sequestered next month. Anyhow. I have had other modded cars that squeaked the springs and the solution was to put sleeves on the coils and it made the squeaks go away. So it does work. My Mugens for my Acuras had sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    This is a good thread as I plan to get Eibachs unless I get sequestered next month. Anyhow. I have had other modded cars that squeaked the springs and the solution was to put sleeves on the coils and it made the squeaks go away. So it does work. My Mugens for my Acuras had sleeves.
    Eibach does have "sleeves" for their CTS-V spring kit. Unknown to me, it wasn't included in the original kit and I ended up paying my dealer to put on the Eibach springs without the sleeves. As it stands, I am out 400 bucks for the sleeveless install and the car still squeaks. Unfortunately, I will have to pay for additional "installation" labor to have the sleeves put in properly. Ultimately, it will probably cost me $2,000 to have my car dropped an inch...

Trionalaw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

The only word to describe your car is "scrumptious."

----------

By the way, what kind of wax do you use on this beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by Trionalaw View Post
    The only word to describe your car is "scrumptious."

----------

By the way, what kind of wax do you use on this beauty?
    Huh? Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.