Black diamond coupe blacked out with matching paint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods Discussion, Black diamond coupe blacked out with matching paint in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Got my '11 ctsv coupe back today, had the chrome pieces painted in matching black diamond paint. I'm very happy ...
    RJS09GTR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV coupe black diamond edition

Black diamond coupe blacked out with matching paint

Got my '11 ctsv coupe back today, had the chrome pieces painted in matching black diamond paint. I'm very happy with how it came out, now gotta think of what's the next mods
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ste_V_e is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Black diamond coupe blacked out with matching paint

That Looks really good. Now I want to black out my car.

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Hey I think your car looks great -- I also have an '11 coupe black diamond edition -- I had started by having the Grills painted black (not plasti dipped) and within days I was getting chips in the paint from road debris -- I then upgraded to a RaceMesh Grill custom product - which is metal and powder coated. Question -- Who painted your car? ... and did they do anything to protect from chipping? Again car looks great!

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

That looks great. Why GM doesn't offer it as an option is beyond me.

TheDarkKnight is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Looks great man, where in PA are you?

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Looks great! Black Diamond is so hard to tell what it really looks like until you have seen it in person. Pictures can't do it justice. Really nice work.

I'd probably have the tails painted/tinted and the Caddy and V emblems painted/tinted (or removed) but those are personal choices I made and don't expect everyone to like them.

I had the paint done by a local shop that I've been using for years. They scuffed, painted, and clear coated all of the chrome pieces, and used high temp paint to match the exhaust pipes. I'm in langhorne pa, about 30 miles north of Philly. Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that GM should've offered a blacked out option

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Nicely, nicely done.

Mike02z is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan Black Raven 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by RJS09GTR View Post
    I had the paint done by a local shop that I've been using for years. They scuffed, painted, and clear coated all of the chrome pieces, and used high temp paint to match the exhaust pipes. I'm in langhorne pa, about 30 miles north of Philly. Thanks for the compliments, and I agree that GM should've offered a blacked out option
    We're neighbors! I'm in Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by RJS09GTR
    What shop did you use? Can I ask you what that cost you? I have black diamond paint as well and would be Interested for the right price. I'm in Pottstown neighbor!

BigDog001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Black Diamond V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post
    What shop did you use? Can I ask you what that cost you? I have black diamond paint as well and would be Interested for the right price. I'm in Pottstown neighbor!
    I was going to ask the same questions -- I live in the Morristown NJ Area -- how long did it take them to do it?

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Looks good... wouldn't want to see it in person because then I'd be more tempted to go this route over the much cheaper plasti-dip route lol

Quote Originally Posted by IBMike
    Looks good... wouldn't want to see it in person because then I'd be more tempted to go this route over the much cheaper plasti-dip route lol
    Don't be fooled though, plastidip really is BLACK magic!

I used scrappy's in penndel pa, but between me and my father we've been using them for his business and our personal vehicles for over 25 years, so my price was a favor price, so I'm not sure what the going rate would be. You can call them, 215-750-2700, ask for jimmy, tell him Ron with the ctsv coupe told you to call him. Good to see there's local v lovers in my area!

----------

I used scrappy's in penndel pa, but between me and my father we've been using them for his business and our personal vehicles for over 25 years, so my price was a favor price, so I'm not sure what the going rate would be. You can call them, 215-750-2700, ask for jimmy, tell him Ron with the ctsv coupe told you to call him. Good to see there's local v lovers in my area!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog001 View Post
    I was going to ask the same questions -- I live in the Morristown NJ Area -- how long did it take them to do it?
    Took a day and a half start to finsh

----------

It took them a day and a half start to finish

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade

Like that metallic black... looks awsome... wish I would have found an escalade in that color.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.